• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Impeachment of Donald Trump

Do you support the impeachment of Donald Trump?

• Yes

Votes: 59 77.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 22.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/trump-biggest-scandal-us-history-he-tool-russians-both-frydenborg

not 100% direct factual evidence, but still worth a read I'd say for the information presented (is a slight bit old though, but it's pretty much entirely historical stuff related to Trump's business failings and business ties with Russia he made to bounce back, that could very well link to the current accusations he has, so)

- - - Post Merge - - -

holding out for both to be found guilty of/an accomplice to treason and imprisoned

I'm will to bet all my TBT that when everything is said and done Trump will not found guilty of treason or anything out of the ordinary. I think this will be business as usual.

Anyone want to take me up on that?

Last edited:
Wait, so what's actually happening with Trump now? Is there currently an active investigation against him? And if he comes back guilty of what, rigging the election or having ties to Russia, he gets impeached? I've been so caught up in other things, including being a social shut-in, that I haven't been keeping up with politics.

Wait, so what's actually happening with Trump now? Is there currently an active investigation against him? And if he comes back guilty of what, rigging the election or having ties to Russia, he gets impeached? I've been so caught up in other things, including being a social shut-in, that I haven't been keeping up with politics.

I've been following it a bit but with the move and now no Internet at home I haven't perfectly kept up with it. In my understanding mainstream media is really pushing that Trump has connections with Russia and that there are facts from anonymous sources, from my understanding the biggest fact was that Trump had tried to get Comey to end the investigation. Comey, former FBI director, recently said he had a memo proving that Trump did try to force the investigation closed, but this memo pre-dates what he said under oath a few months ago - that never in his experience did a president try to forcefully stop an investigation for political reasons, only that the FBI has been given opinions that cases should be closed due to, I can't remember exactly what he said, but essentially if the case seems like a wild goose chase/waste of tax payers funds.

I haven't seen much the past few days so that's my most recent understanding.

For clarification - Comey interviews Trump, then he writes a memo about the meeting, then Comey goes to court and testifies nothing out of the ordinary, now he says he has that memo that has damning evidence (honestly not sure if Comey said that himself or just if Comey said "here's my memo from my interview with Trump." and then the media took that and ran it.)

Last edited:
I hate to say, but if the Russian investigations have been proven true, you'll have to deal with Mike Pence as our leader, or Paul Ryan if Pence couldn't take it.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/trump-biggest-scandal-us-history-he-tool-russians-both-frydenborg

not 100% direct factual evidence, but still worth a read I'd say for the information presented (is a slight bit old though, but it's pretty much entirely historical stuff related to Trump's business failings and business ties with Russia he made to bounce back, that could very well link to the current accusations he has, so)

Well, that was pretty long. Kinda blazed through it, not sure what the first half had to do with Trump, it mainly went over Yanukovych and Manafort's involvement in conspiring against Ukraine. Doesn't mention Trump being involved in that, but I guess the author wanted to give some background on Manafort, who did resigned from the campaign in 2016. Still relevant to the investigation, I'm sure.

Considering what was brought up about Podesta, I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary gets dragged back into the investigation. Based on speculation of course, just like everything else so far.

"Manafort helped arrange a meeting with Vice President Dick Cheney—they utilized the services of two Washington, DC, lobbying firms, including Podesta Group Inc., run by the brother of John Podesta, Hillary Clinton’s 2016 Campaign Chairman and later victim of Russian-government hacking and WikiLeaks disclosures"

Then it went into Trumps bad business deals with Russia and connections with money launderers, going back the 2000s. Still no definitive connection to the election, again something that is probably part of the ongoing investigations. And as an international businessman, I'm not surprised that he'd get involved with Russia and Sater.

The power Sater has to get away with as much as he did because of his "special relationships" with the U.S. government is probably the scariest part of the whole article.

"Sater ended up assisting U.S. authorities for years, even, apparently, on CIA-related national security issues involving missile terrorism-related purchases in either Afghanistan or Russia, and the details on all this remain something of mystery: his operations with the government remain secret and the juiciest details of the Wall Street case were sealed and remain so despite repeated efforts to unseal them (they were sealed at the time, interestingly enough, by then-U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of New York, Loretta Lynch, who just stepped down as U.S. Attorney General the day Trump was inaugurated president)."

"Ernie Mennes, the owner of the Camelback property who had gone into a partnership with the Bayrock/Trump developers, sued in Bayrock in 2007 in federal court, accusing Sater of threatening to “cut off his legs and leave him ‘dead in the trunk of his car’” and of stealing money from the project for himself. The judge oversaw a settlement and the case was sealed, likely because of Sater’s special relationship with the government."

"When considering Sater, it is important to remember that he has been busted multiple times by law enforcement and yet has not served jail time in America (with the exception of one year for stabbing a man in the face with a margarita glass and severing a nerve in the man’s face"

"Sater’s cooperation with the government gave him government protection from being held liable in many cases for his misdeeds while also helping to suppress information about him and these misdeeds, and how, had his past and crimes been front and center over the past decade"

"Yes, if not for the favors the U.S. government did in protecting and, thus, abetting, Sater, it is far more likely that Trump would have collapsed in scandal than risen to be our current president. This abetting may very well be unwitting, but the two aforementioned lawyers—Lerner and Oberlander–believe differently, that the government cooperation with Sater yielded disappointing results, that Sater fooled and tricked the government into helping him in exchange for dubious assistance of questionable value and that this arrangement may have been such an embarrassment for the government that they covered up this and his past to save face and protect the careers of those involved."

What I mostly got out of that article is that the government itself is deeply rooted in Russian ties, which has been true for decades, in both the Republican and Democratic party(however, the author decided to bring up just republicans. Bias maybe?) If anything, we might have to thank Trump for putting a corrupted government's dirty laundry out to air, (possibly indirectly) because up to now Trump's involvement is still speculation. Could end up thanking our corrupt government for putting Trump in the White House. Like I've been saying, lets see what the people actually doing the investigation have to say. Because as often as the media has its fear-mongering fits, I can admit that the often say they don't have all the answers and a lot of what's out there is speculation.

P.S. Found it odd that this article was on LinkedIn. Obviously written with a bias, but I learned a few things nonetheless.

P.P.S. I apologize for the big chucks of texts but those were the most interesting parts in that drawn-out article.

P.P.P.S. Ew, gross. I just saw what it looked like after I submitted. I wouldn't blame anyone who decides to skip this post, lol.

Last edited:
Back