Red Cosmos
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Blue Mote of Flame
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Cake
Hi guys. I'm working on a project for college about the Nintendo Switch, and I wondered if anyone would answer a few things?

Basically I'm looking to find out gamers opinions on these:
- Did you buy a Switch/are you interested?
- What draws you to the console and what would you like to see on the console?
- Do you think the Wii U or Switch are more successful and why?
- How did you find the launch?

Feel free to answer all or just one or two! Literally anything is a massive help.

Last edited:
Did you buy a Switch/are you interested?

Not bought a Switch. Got no reason to at the moment.

What draws you to the console and what would you like to see on the console?

I'd like to see Animal Crossing Switch, free online play and no more overpriced ports.

Do you think the Wii U or Switch are more successful and why?

What kind of a question is that? The Wii U was a flop. As of December 2016, 13.56 million units had been sold. As of the end of March 2017, the Switch had sold 2.74 million units. Just wait until Christmas. (Wii U source) (Switch source)

How did you find the launch?

Kinda lame. No games that I'm interested in. Same goes for the Xbox One though, so hey.

Not bought a Switch. Got no reason to at the moment.

I'd like to see Animal Crossing Switch, free online play and no more overpriced ports.

What kind of a question is that? The Wii U was a flop. As of December 2016, 13.56 million units had been sold. As of the end of March 2017, the Switch had sold 2.74 million units. Just wait until Christmas. (Wii U source) (Switch source)

Kinda lame. No games that I'm interested in. Same goes for the Xbox One though, so hey.

i haven't gotten one yet but i plan on getting one as soon as i can find one! i just think the system is really cool in general, like the dynamics of going from playing on the tv to handheld or vice versa, and I'm really excited about Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart! tbh i am just really looking forward to the new system and new games, and i've heard zelda & mario kart are really good so i guess that's what convinced me to get one :) not sure about the wii u vs swtich bc i don't have a wii u, but i found out about the launch from my brother who is obsessed with gaming. i wish they stocked more/had more hype but can't do anything about that now, i'm just excited for those 2 games! hope this helps, and good luck with your project! :)

Last edited:
-Ever since when the Switch was announced on October (?) 2016 , i had been wanting this :)
-Mostly Nintendo Games , such as Mario Kart 8 Deluxe , Splatoon 2 and other possible games such as a Pokemon main game , A kirby game and a MAIN animal crossing game
-Of course the Switch it will be more succesful , being the fastest-selling console of Nintendo , and having WAY more hype that with Wii U , it will be better than Wii U , for the looks of how things are going now
-Yeah it was okay

The switch looks cool to me, but from what I've seen so far it's not $300 cool enough to me. None of the games announced or released so far for it are enough to interest me enough to get one.

I like the concept of it, but the fact that it's not backwards compatible with the Wii U is another strike against it to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll get one eventually (almost certainly when they release an animal crossing for it) but for now it's just not worth the money to me.

Yes I got one last week.

So far I think they've done good in with the features and it seemed like a fresh new start for the company. I hope to see them release great games and hold back nothing with their ideas!

Switch still has ways to got but so far it's future looks a hell of a lot brighter than the Wii U.

Okay I guess. The features got me the most.

No, but my brother did. I am not really interested in it though.

I am really only interested in Fire Emblem Warriors. I would have wanted it for Breath of the Wild, but I got it for Wii U. I don't like the weird controller options. They are tiny and awkward.

The Switch seems popular, but I don't know why.

There weren't many new games available and still aren't. They were also hard to find anywhere if you didn't have a preorder.

I haven't bought a Switch yet and probably won't be able to afford to do so until at the very earliest the end of the year. I am interested in getting one but as with all the games consoles I currently own I only buy games consoles if there is an Animal crossing title that goes with it, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

As above, being able to play Animal Crossing would be a main feature, but I do think it looks interesting how it's both a hand held and an at home console. Personally I generally prefer hand held consoles so it's interesting to see the best of both worlds.

From what I can tell the Wii U did quite poorly.

Meh.

Back