• Our Earth Week 2024 mini-event is scheduled to begin tonight featuring hybrid flower breeding and more -- stay tuned!

The Unofficial Political Thread

He may have admitted obstruction of justice, but the ones that have got impeached for it didn't admit it.

But don't count on Trump's impeachment. That would put a scary homophobe that believes in shock therapy in office if Trump got removed. Or we could get a president that thinks Obama was worse than James Buchanan (that would be Paul Ryan).
They were both really bad.

He may have admitted obstruction of justice, but the ones that have got impeached for it didn't admit it.

But don't count on Trump's impeachment. That would put a scary homophobe that believes in shock therapy in office if Trump got removed. Or we could get a president that thinks Obama was worse than James Buchanan (that would be Paul Ryan).

Yeah, honestly I don't really like that he leaked confidential information to a foreign country, but I'm pretty sure other people in similar positions have done so and probably for years.

I dont like that he gave his daughter a random title.

I don't like that he dropped bombs overseas.

But none of this is new. Politicians before him have done as much and worse and there are worse than Trump that would take his place.

I actually just create a megathread every time there is a big political event happening (such as an election).

This will do until the next one, though.

Yes. Both of them. Only president I really like is Lincoln.

Even Lincoln has his ugly terrible side too.
But at this point, I would go for the homophobe leading the country for the rest of the term... at least he won't leak confidential info to Russia (placing people's lives at risk) or worst. end the world with a possible nuclear war with North Korea.
I dislike very much Paul Ryan, Trump, and Michael Pence... but placing the risks on a balance, I prefer impeaching Trump and dealing with the homophobe (Pence) through activism.

And for the people saying that "there has been worse politicians in the past." Sure, there has been really bad presidents and politicians in the past. But no president has taken office as the most disliked, ever in US history, the way Trump was, is and keeps getting disliked even today and in such short amount of time.
In my personal opinion, I would not normalize this presidency with the argument that "there has been worst politicians in the past."

Even Lincoln has his ugly terrible side too.
But at this point, I would go for the homophobe leading the country for the rest of the term... at least he won't leak confidential info to Russia (placing people's lives at risk) or worst. end the world with a possible nuclear war with North Korea.
I dislike very much Paul Ryan, Trump, and Michael Pence... but placing the risks on a balance, I prefer impeaching Trump and dealing with the homophobe (Pence) through activism.

And for the people saying that "there has been worse politicians in the past." Sure, there has been really bad presidents and politicians in the past. But no president has taken office as the most disliked, ever in US history, the way Trump was, is and keeps getting disliked even today and in such short amount of time.
In my personal opinion, I would not normalize this presidency with the argument that "there has been worst politicians in the past."
Yes, he definitely did. But we have to know that we all have our terrible sides to. That being said, some politicans mostly only showcase their terrible side. I don't want to get into the homophobic stuff because things have gotten really ugly when talking about it on this site.

Last edited:
I predict that trump is going to become (if he isn't already) a dictator. It baffles my mind how he is literally doing whatever he wants and no one is saying or doing anything about it.

Its kinda like that scene from Back to the Future II where Marty is cornered and threatens to call the police, then Biff says "Kid, I OWN the police!".

Yeah, honestly I don't really like that he leaked confidential information to a foreign country, but I'm pretty sure other people in similar positions have done so and probably for years.

I dont like that he gave his daughter a random title.

I don't like that he dropped bombs overseas.

But none of this is new. Politicians before him have done as much and worse and there are worse than Trump that would take his place.

Now that is scary. Trump has done something horrible enough that could get him impeached, and past presidents have done worse than that? I am ashamed at our history's presidents.

But yes, previous presidents have at least done something that overshadows Trump's misdeeds. Many of you thought launching the tomahawk missiles was bad. What about the time when we dropped two atomic bombs on Japan, right on civilized areas? Many of you thought Trump's handling of immigration is bad. What about the Japanese internment camps in WWII? Many of you thought Trump was a polarizing figure. Obama was the president that brought us into this mess, only to be deteriorated by the social media. Many of you thought the Republicans in the Senate screwed up the rules to get an extreme conservative on the court. It happened under Abraham Lincoln too.

Plus, America has gone through worse than where we are now. Even the Rodney King riots was more disasterous than every event in America since Obama taken office. But the worst two events were the Great Depression and the Civil War. Glad we survived them both.

Yeah, it seems that Trump is getting much more hate for his faults then past events and presidents. This is probably because were much more engaged in social media and the news. Not to mention he is a celebrity.

Edit, not trying to defend Trump, in fact I don't like him as a president, I just find this needless hating with comments like "I'd apply to be a prison guard just so I'd have the opportunity to whip them all" completely inappropriate.

Last edited:
Now that is scary. Trump has done something horrible enough that could get him impeached, and past presidents have done worse than that? I am ashamed at our history's presidents.

But yes, previous presidents have at least done something that overshadows Trump's misdeeds. Many of you thought launching the tomahawk missiles was bad. What about the time when we dropped two atomic bombs on Japan, right on civilized areas? Many of you thought Trump's handling of immigration is bad. What about the Japanese internment camps in WWII? Many of you thought Trump was a polarizing figure. Obama was the president that brought us into this mess, only to be deteriorated by the social media. Many of you thought the Republicans in the Senate screwed up the rules to get an extreme conservative on the court. It happened under Abraham Lincoln too.

Plus, America has gone through worse than where we are now. Even the Rodney King riots was more disasterous than every event in America since Obama taken office. But the worst two events were the Great Depression and the Civil War. Glad we survived them both.

And I think we'll survive whatever President Trump throws at us, too.

End of the world doomsday everything is going to heck sells.

Edit, not trying to defend Trump, in fact I don't like him as a president, I just find this needless hating with comments like "I'd apply to be a prison guard just so I'd have the opportunity to whip them all" completely inappropriate.

This, I agree with. It's just silly and really unnecessary.

Back