• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I made a mistake

well not everyone drinks for primarily social reasons; many people really enjoy the taste and the pleasurable experience of drinking fine wines, craft beer, single malt scotches, etc.

people appreciate the nuances and craftmanship of making these beverages, and the history and traditions in their creation and in their enjoyment, the same way some people enjoy gourmet cuisine...

Yeah I get that, hear it all the time, but you still have to drink the stuff and I can't without wanting to bring it back up. Diazepam is better as a relaxant for me personally.

Not to pressure you into it or anything, just curious but is it the taste of alcohol in general or certain drinks? For me, I can't handle the fizz in a lot of drinks so I usually stick to some kind of fruit juice and I add vodka in. Simple and "babyish" but whatever, tastes good to me!

Yeah I get that, hear it all the time, but you still have to drink the stuff and I can't without wanting to bring it back up. Diazepam is better as a relaxant for me personally.

I'm down with whatever gets you to be you friend. :) I've never had diazepam but I've tried a whole lot else. Alcohol and weed just happen to be the things that get me grounded.

Mods feel free to edit this as you need. Sorry if this is not appropriate. Both the things are legal where I live though.

Not to pressure you into it or anything, just curious but is it the taste of alcohol in general or certain drinks? For me, I can't handle the fizz in a lot of drinks so I usually stick to some kind of fruit juice and I add vodka in. Simple and "babyish" but whatever, tastes good to me!

Honestly I've only tried a few things, but some of those things people have told me, 'try this, it doesn't have that alcohol taste' and I'm thinking, um yeah it does, after tasting it. Lol I must just be a drink snob. XD

Honestly I've only tried a few things, but some of those things people have told me, 'try this, it doesn't have that alcohol taste' and I'm thinking, um yeah it does, after tasting it. Lol I must just be a drink snob. XD

Ah, that makes sense! Nah nah, drinking isn't all that good for you anyway so there's no shame! Especially if you've found yourself a different alternative which you mentioned in a previous post. That's the best part. C:

Lol ya. I end up sabotaging myself a lot, by accident or course. For example, not long ago I was on my way to the vet with my family's super big black lab. And she wanted to sit up front with me and my mom, so i encouraged her to sit on my lap and it was so unbelievably painful because she has long nails and is very heavy and would not sit still.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I really shoulda thought things thru.

I didn't get my first hangover til almost 2 years ago and I haven't touched a drink since. I've never understood why it's worth drinking if you end up with a hangover so maybe someone on this thread can enlighten me?

Ps. Welcome back. :)

I don't understand the appeal in drinking at all. I can't bring myself to do it. It doesn't feel good.

Not really, I don't drink. lol

Lol ya. I end up sabotaging myself a lot, by accident or course. For example, not long ago I was on my way to the vet with my family's super big black lab. And she wanted to sit up front with me and my mom, so i encouraged her to sit on my lap and it was so unbelievably painful because she has long nails and is very heavy and would not sit still.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I really shoulda thought things thru.

Not to go too off-topic, but when I read that at first I thought you meant the vet sat on your lap... then I re-read it and was like, "oh". :U

I'm 24 and the only drinking I've done were celebratory shots. I've never been drunk and I don't plan on it. Alcoholic beverages just aren't appealing to me.

Fruit juices are where it's at.

Yes I once had a meeting the next day and I got myself drunk
I had a terrible headache

I didn't mean to. I'm doing low sugar so even one drink usually gets me tipsy. But I was gaming and yelling at idiots so I didn't really think twice getting a 2nd between games. And then a friend came online and coaxed me to have one more and stay up with her and after 2 drinks I'm drunk so of course I had one and stayed up talking to her. And that was that.

*edit autocorrect errors

Well I don't think anyone means to get a hangover. XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm 25 and never drank in my life. I don't understand the appeal. Everything I've tried tastes revolting to me. I'll never get how people chug it down without wanting to gag.

I was nearly the same when I used to drink. I'm so fussy about what I would have because most alcoholic drinks taste gross to me.

Back