Mayor or Villager

I don't believe there's really too much of a difference when it comes to mayor or resident? A mayor can do everything a resident can, except just a bit more (PWP's and other town stuff.)

since you cannot do pwp projects as a villager, is the town empty?

I'd say so? When you start a new game though, the first profile you make will be the mayor's. So, if you'd like to be a resident, just have a separate character, and load in the mayor when you need to. :)

When my brother and I used to share a 3Ds, he was the mayor, and I was a resident. If I wanted to add something to the town, all I needed to do was load his character instead.

Mayor gets you money for your town. If you say villager you still end up mayor I think?
It's not a change in mechanic.
Unless you mean be an alt or not. I'd rather be a villager. It's more chill.

I would chose mayor because, like WaterSymbol said, is the who point of the game. If you would just play as a resident, you wouldn't have any public works projects, and the town would look very barren. The only reason I would chose resident, is if I am just making another house(which I like to use as other buildings) for the town.

Just go for mayor. Then you could make pwps if you wanted, but you can just as easily ignore the job if you don't feel like it. (My main character is a bad mayor lol)

It's basically the same thing except the mayor character gets to build PWPs and make those sorts of decisions. I always play as my mayor character since it's easier than switching back and forth. Villager characters are worth it if you're tired of your mayor and don't want to reset or to add a bit more life to your town.

Well... Mayor can do anything they want so... Not that hard.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Villager is like a side character isn't it?

Last edited:
Back