• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

ACNL Rant Discussion Thread

Truly the only problem I have with New Leaf is the grass deterioration. Its such a step up from City Folk though. I never run in my towns and only walk but it still occurs. It never really bothers me too much honestly as its such small spots. I know why it happens, its because I play wayyyy too much hahaha.

Has anyone been having trouble with their game crashing? This happened to me yesterday, multiple times while I was taking tours on the island the game closed out and lost everything I've done. I've never had this happen before. But it's really frustrating and worrisome
Well, if I am playing online, I deal with internet disconnection issues a lot (dealt with it earlier today in fact). I play on a digital copy, so I don't have to worry about a cartridge getting worn out.

The Petaltail Dragonfly. I restarted my museum completion town because it was just impossible to find and restarted it. This time I will be chopping every single tree down because then maybe, just maybe, this darn thing will spawn!!

The Petaltail Dragonfly. I restarted my museum completion town because it was just impossible to find and restarted it. This time I will be chopping every single tree down because then maybe, just maybe, this darn thing will spawn!!
I can probably count the number of times I caught one on one hand.

I can probably count the number of times I caught one on one hand.
I know! They’re so annoying to find, especially with that 3 hour window! The only upside is that compared to City Folk, I think they’re slower, but they’re a lot rarer

As a time traveler, I didn’t have any problem catching the fish and bugs in ACNL. And the whole time I played ACNL, I completed the museum four times (once per town).

Update: while looking for the Dorado I found 3?! I caught two and lost one but I was expecting to have to go the deforestation route 😭 this save file is magical

Ugh, I remember my frustration with the mole cricket, it was certainly easier to catch than the scorpion, but every time I dug holes all over the town then I couldn't even catch it because I got trapped in a maze of holes lol
The truth is I looked for very few critters by looking for guides, most of them I simply caught without waiting for them. I think just when you're not looking for it, they come🥲

can my character PLEEEAAASSSEEE stop sneezing and shivering when she exits her house and gets out of the water?! -.-

can my character PLEEEAAASSSEEE stop sneezing and shivering when she exits her house and gets out of the water?! -.-
Normally, this means that your outfit is not warm enough for winter! If you wear something "warmer" such as long sleeves or hats they will stop. Today is the 25th however, the grass has turned green and spring is here so you do not have to worry anymore!

In summer your character sweats if you wear long-sleeve / winter clothes and your character shivers / sneezes when you wear short -sleeves!

Back