• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

ACNL Rant Discussion Thread

I love this thread. It is great for laughs because I relate to every rant. Thanks, everyone! I don't need to add any of my own!

Last edited:
I don't like how the flowers in your hair stick out with the stems as if you stabbed yourself with a flower Ice pick ;)

I really think the amiibo feature is flawed. I put in Roald twice to get him to move in, and both times, he moved in the wrong spot, even when I placed ground patterns in the spots to block him. I also don't like how kicking out another villager just to clear a plot does not work with the amiibo feature. Oh, and it's tough to get them to move out on their own.

I can't pick where I want retail ect at the start. Why. Harvey's rv site gets boring if you don't have amiibos. Meow coupons being kind of hard to get sometimes. Having to pick between early bird and beautiful ordinance because I rarely see my cranky because of it and he's right next to me. The 16 villager cycle. Tools taking up so much space.

I agree, and I hate how some pieces stick out over the edge of the tables. It looks bad, and makes me feel like it's gonna fall off.

omg I thought I was the only one. I hate when you cannot position certain items the way you want to even when there is space because it won't let you.

This is the opposite of a rant, but I WAS ranting about not getting the picnic blanket request. Well, Katt finally just requested it. I hate that darn cat, but I could kiss her right now. ^_^

So Mac decided to stay to "get to know me better." Like I love Mac and all but I really needed to send off a villager I don't fully want anymore especially since Diva moving in randomly filled up my town to ten, meaning now I need to wait for Eugene, Moose, Spork, Sprinkle, Drake, or Diva to ping me to move before I can move someone I really want into my town, which will probably take forever :(

Getting rid of villagers that plot their homes in a bad spot - ten times more frustrating than the Battle Tree in Pokemon Sun & Moon.

Sometimes i think the fishing mechanic can be buggy. On some occasions, i find that you must have superhuman reflexes to press A in the millisecond istant beetween the hooking and the fish leaving. It occurs rarely, but god is infuriating.

Sometimes i think the fishing mechanic can be buggy. On some occasions, i find that you must have superhuman reflexes to press A in the millisecond istant beetween the hooking and the fish leaving. It occurs rarely, but god is infuriating.

Just use your ears.
Don't look, and wait for the plop sound. Then hit A.

I actually find it harder when I'm looking at the fish.
If I close my eyes - no problem. ^_^

Idk if this was mentioned yet, but I hate it when I'm trying to get someone to ping me (for pwp requests) and they don't say a word. But then when I have pockets full of stuff to sell or donate they ping and want to buy it.. Like, no Fang... You don't need a dang whale shark in your living room. What you really need is a wooden bridge. Lol

I already know that this is my own fault so please don't remind me or scold me for it ;-;

I never really time travelled before other than two or three hours back to sell something to Re-Tail before I set the Night Owl Ordinance. I was against it, but decided to give it a try to see something from a month ago. I come back to today, and most of my flowers are gone! I love gardening and been building a garden near my home for two months, so this made me mad. I did get a villager I no longer wanted to move out, but it was not worth it. Now I will have to make some island trips later and make my hybrids all over. :( Again I know, my fault. Never time travelling again.

I wish villagers would distinguish hybrids from regular flowers. I'm getting tired of removing white roses out of my blue roses. I know that most animal species are colorblind, but still. I'm sick of seeing animals ruin my carefully planted gardens.

I really hate how the villagers take FOREVER to request a new project works, they seem to only care for are: Stupid questions, Catchphrases, Greetings (Like didn't I give you one yesterday!), Giving me junk! (which is why I keep my pockets full now), and nicknames (I swear if I get another villager wanting to call me 'kiddo' I'm going to scream and then throw my 3DS out the window!)

Also why do we have this option on our games:
WVW69kVPHtkNHeFss1.jpg

We can't even use it! People who have the Japanese copy can only use it. So cruel for Nintendo to add an useless feature to non Japanese copies. For those who don't know it's for: you can use it to get DLC furniture from Holden and Filly. (They can't move into your town, if you see one of them living in someone's town they hack them there)

WVW69kVPIHE0tw1IBh.jpg

It's never going to work, Harvey!

Last edited:
I really miss being able to make constellations, I loved doing that in CF. I also wish the inventory was a bit bigger, or else have tools not count as part of your inventory. I wish PWP's could be placed closer together! The other day I went to use the Topiaries as a entrance to a garden path area, but Isabelle said they were too close T.T. I would love it if there were an easier way to transfer large amounts of bells between players. Re-tail is nice and all but it still takes a bit.

I finally got the animal plot in the wrong spot clear. Now I can grow my perfect apple trees.

But I felt that I damaged my town too much just to get villagers cycled out.

Back