• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

ACNL Rant Discussion Thread

1. The buffer spaces around projects. Why can't it just overlap but be 1 space all around?! It's so annoying how you can't put a lamp one space away from a bench.

2. The buffer spaces around the town tree. 2. Plus the 1 around the project = 3. This is crazy, again I believe it should be 1. When I was planning my projects I didn't know about this so since then I've had to remove 3 projects which has been a pain.

3. Rocks. Why can't you just destroy them / destroy up to 3 or something / move them. They're in the way and kind of unsightly to be honest.

4. Villagers moving anywhere. What's wrong with having the mayor place where they live? Doesn't this not add further into the customisation instead of having them move onto hybrids and destroy weeks of hard work?

5. Best friends moving away so suddenly. Not a cool thing. Not cool.

6. How difficult it is to place projects around town. We need what they did in HHD.

7. How often villagers tell you to take a break. I've probably damaged my eyes enough as a kid playing for hours without a break lol

8. How small the town is in New Leaf. I know it's because the 3DS is a small system but I miss how big it was in CF and the original game.

9. Repetitive dialogue. WW if I recall had so much variety. GC too. In CF and NL they repeat quite a bit...

I love ACNL, no hate here. But these have definitely got to me at some point in the past 4 years :p

I thought if you had 10 villagers and invited one through amiibo they would move in the spot of the moved out villager but apparently Stitches decided to move in exactly on the spot where I wanted to put a public project :mad:

I hate the fact that when creating a town you don't see where the rocks are and while you can take measures to estimate their location it still probably wont be there or will be a random in another spot and usually, at least with me, it's a rock in the worst spot possible. Like it will be in the place where I was planning on putting my house or a pwp and I have to find another place to put it.

I also hate placing pwps because it's sooo difficult to get it into the exact spot I want and I just wish it was a lot easier so I didn't have to talk to isabelle like a billion times and inch in another direction every so often just to try and get it into the perfect spot. I've never played HHD but I've see it and if it was a system like that it would be a million times better that what it is right now.

And finally. PATHS. Like you can save designs with Mable and when you have a Flag there's no problem with replacing the design so I hate that you have to have the path you're using in your designs. I like having clothes but I have to sacrifice cute clothing designs because I want my town to have pretty flooring and it sucks. It would make a lot more sense if it worked like the town flag to be completely honest. And it sucks that it's like that with Custom furniture too. I can't have my Colonel Sanders shrine because I needed his spot for a freakng PATH DESIGN. Sigh.

Ok so what rly makes me mad and upset is when you can't put a bridge somewhere that's is close to a villagers house but it's perfectly acceptable for a villager to park their butt against a default bridge you had before they moved to town.

With the new update villagers take FOREVER to move their butt out of town. Like I've been waiting 10 days for a ugly villager to move out unlike before the update it took like 3-5 but with the update it's like 2 weeks I actually hate it.

Oh my god I just read all 13 pages of this thread and I agree with literally everything that was said. I mean I'm not going to further echo the fact that we need to place villager houses, easier PWP unlocking, more control over who moves but yeah these are great.

One thing that bothers me: characters turning unoriginal without any forewarning. I do want to catch bugs and fish for my villagers and make them happy but not if they are going to ruin the look of their home with an ugly display case. I also loathe villagers getting catchphrases from each other, like, not only is it impractical, it also does not make any sense. Why, Eloise, are you suddenly ending every sentence with ROOOWF? A character's catchphrase is one of the few things setting them apart from other villagers non-appearance wise so why in the world should they randomly change it.

Also rocks. Ugh why. We need to be able to move / demolish / remodel them. They are just really annoying, ugly, and another factor hindering your town's look. If we had the ability to move them we could at least clump them all together so you could actually use them for design purposes. Destroy them please. If nothing else give us the ability to place designs on them / color them / change their look in some way so they aren't an eyesore. I also don't know if the sitting on rocks bothers anyone else but when I am trying to get money or move about my town the fact that I have to be delayed five seconds really bothers me, more than it should probably.

Minor thing but why do uchi villagers have to get up at 11 like sorry that I'm not friends with you but it's kind of hard to befriend you when half the time I'm playing you are asleep.

I also wish it was easier to find villagers; sometimes I would really like to talk to someone and they've completely disappeared

Last edited:
Ok I'm in full rant mode but I'll only say what I hate the most...

MY GOD ok so when you spend literally 4 hours on your town's paths and the next day some SUPER UGLY VILLAGER (yes Vladimir I mean you) moves in and he is a CRANKY VILLAGER!!! CRANKY!! Like honestly my town's theme is kawaii, and I get this super ugly pink cranky bear cub when I could have gotten ANYONE ELSE!! Like Chrissy, or Francine, or Buni (lol sorry if I spelled that wrong) or ANYONE ELSE!! Save me StarClan. Save. Me.

Was Nintendo on a different planet when adding the dead spots to this game? I'm not joking, were they?

Last edited:
Ok I'm in full rant mode but I'll only say what I hate the most...

MY GOD ok so when you spend literally 4 hours on your town's paths and the next day some SUPER UGLY VILLAGER (yes Vladimir I mean you) moves in and he is a CRANKY VILLAGER!!! CRANKY!! Like honestly my town's theme is kawaii, and I get this super ugly pink cranky bear cub when I could have gotten ANYONE ELSE!! Like Chrissy, or Francine, or Buni (lol sorry if I spelled that wrong) or ANYONE ELSE!! Save me StarClan. Save. Me.

Omg I hate that! My old town was like a soft, pastel themed town and then willow comes and moves in! (You know, the one with piss yellow wool that possibly glows in the dark) her colour scheme is so bad and I hate it :( I'm sure it would be great for a lively town but not for me.

I hate sea creatures. They're so hard to catch, the character won't swim fast enough and then they go over the sea limit! Are you kidding me?!

Lmao a post I can take all my anger on and unleash all my salt

Here goes

We need more personalities! I honestly think we need at least 16. Seriously, it's like, if you have one smug villager, you basically have them all!

Or maybe just make the dialogue SLIGHTLY different between different characters of the same personality?

Heck, I'd even be happy with less dialogue per each villager if it means every villager will be different in some way.

Last edited:
I hate pwp requests.
I hate mindless dialogue.
I hate that I can't figure out how to landscape my town.
I hate my obsessive need to catalog everything.
I HATE THE POINTLESS AND LONG DIALOGUE
Seriously Isabelle, shut up and let me place my clock.

it would be nice if there was a way to move villagers out to invite villagers from other towns/the campsite similar to how if you have 10 in your town and a Amiibo villager comes in you can choose to have one prexisting villager move out and for the other one to move in in it's place, it would make getting villagers that much easier

We need more personalities! I honestly think we need at least 16. Seriously, it's like, if you have one smug villager, you basically have them all!

I'd love more personalities, but probably only if there's a matching increase in villager capacity as well. Choosing only 10 villagers from 16 types would be hell for me!

I hate that I can't place a diagonal bridge in the spot I want, becase 1 of the sides of the river is different to the other u_u, I hate that 4 of my rocks are in stupid places and I can't get rid of them, I hate the pond's location and shape, it's in the way and it's sooo annoying, and I'm getting like 1 pwp request per week :mad:

Last edited:
I agree with the pwp requests. Theyre annoying, still waiting for fairy tale bench and the like.

Oh, and this is my 1,812th post on this site.

I AGREEEEE SO MUCH I HATED ON MY OLD TOWNS THAT I WOULD NEVER GET PWP RQ'S I WOULD ONLY GET ONE PER, LIKE MONTHH

I hate how we don't have enough pattern space!
I hate how we have to use other save slots if we want to make more!
and I hate that I need to unlock the QR code machine if I use a new save slot!
I hate that almost all villagers with the same personality type say the same things!
I hate how I can't remove rocks unless they're mineral rocks!
I hate how I have to wait until I get a garden store to get an axe, and I also hate how axes break but shovels don't? If you ask me it'd make more sense for the SHOVELS to break. Like dude you're hitting rocks!!!!!!
I hate how you can't move your house, or other villagers house! I wish we could make public works projects where we could set up rope squares if new villagers wanna move in, they can move in where we put those!
I hate how we can't demolish campsites.
I hate how we can only plant one cedar tree a day. I wish we could just shake the trees and pinecones fell out and we could plant THOSE instead of waiting a full week just to plant like 5 cedar trees. I want my winter forest aesthetic please!!!!
i hate how we can't plant bushes directly next to water. Darnit I want a fence next to my bridges >:[
You really don't give me more space UNTIL I upgrade my house? Really?
Can't I just have two villages at once? I don't like my village I want two! Not two people living in the same ugly village :[
Mabel talk to me!!! I'm not waiting a week just to use your stupid machine if it's already there!!!!!!!
Give me more mail space Polly!
Give me more bell space too!
Go. Away. Stupid. Little. Island bugs. I'm trying to farm beetles! Even if I wasn't you're just being annoying!
OH My god CICADAS SHUT UPPPP!!!

Okay I'm done this is getting too long!

Back