• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

ACNL Rant Discussion Thread

Good god I hate grass deterioration. It's ugly and no matter what I do, the grass won't grow back. I've tried planting flowers on dirt patches, watering them, and TTing to the next day over and over but no matter what I do, those ugly patches just won't go away

omg I just opened the game and Drago fell into this pitfall seed and I couldn't help but laugh so hard

ahhh I'm not good at placing my PWPs like how could people know where to put them? Please send help ahahahaha :(

Grass deterioration needs to go :mad:

Currently starting a new town after losing my physical copy and there's already areas of deterioration even though I've just arrived in town.

My big one is how tools take up inventory space! If you have to whole tool set, it leaves you with ten spaces! I mean, I know you can put items in storage, but that also sucks because you can't tell what they are. Also, THEY NEED TO INCREASE TO CHARECTER AND TOWN NAME LETTER LIMIT!!! IT"S SO FRUSTRATING!

After looking at a couple screenshots, I have to say that the Kiki and Lala dress is overrated or overrused. I'm usually tired of many characters having the same outfit. Two years ago, the clothing piece I found to be overrated was the hair-bow wig, but I'm more bothered by the Kiki and Lala dress more.

Having to tan to get a dark skin color is so dumb. And don't even get me started on tt'ing because it knocks the tan out so fast! I want my mayor to be dark skinned but after only 3 days of tt he's back to an ugly barely tan color, like why did you go this route nintendo??

I'm so sick of the sea bass. it's ridiculous how common this fish is. Apparently it's the only fish that inhabit the oceans in this game since it's only fish that you ever catch.

Currently starting a new town after losing my physical copy and there's already areas of deterioration even though I've just arrived in town.
You do realize there's permanent mud spoloches in every town that can't be remove and isn't tied to grass deterioration

You do realize there's permanent mud spoloches in every town that can't be remove and isn't tied to grass deterioration

The fact that i didn't play for ONE day and freya moved. Fml she had perfect placement, its a stab to my heart.

I'm so reaching my giving up point with map resetting. I've found a good layout four times but each time either retail, town hall or the plaza were in the worst spots! There's way too many God damn options, I know I'm being picky. But here's the thing I don't want to reset again cause of a map.

Just wish the game would pay attention to the types of maps. That the player says yes to but doesn't save. Like that would trigger maps like it till you saved.

Last edited:
I hate sometimes when all your villagers go to bed and there's so little to do at night without them. It makes the town feel empty. :c

I'm really close to rage quitting this game and selling it. I'm serious, I've been trying all day and night for certain fish and bugs and this game just refuses to give them to me. I understand challenging but not impossible. I have a very low tolerance and patience level and this game is making me really angry. The wiki says the Petaltail Dragonfly and Saddled Birchir are available this month and they are available in the evening the dragonfly being from 4 to 7pm and the Saddled Birchir 9pm to 4am but it's not true. And the stupid common fish and bugs keep getting in the way. I'm so SICK of this game not giving me the fish and bugs I need. This game is way too frustrating. I'm really close to selling this game. It's not worth it anymore. Games are supposed to be fun, not frustrating. I've been more than patient enough all day with this game, but I've had it.

And on top of it, my villagers keep pinging me for the stupidest things like asking me how fast I can run a mile or something. My rage only intensifies.

Edit: I was looking for the wrong shadow size for the saddled birchir. I thought it had a huge shadow, instead of large shadow size. I'm still angry though, but not nearly as angry as I was when I typed this. Still debating on whether I should give this game a break for a while. Probably won't but I should.

Last edited:
Yeah I want to rage quit this game right about now. I've been through 920 maps and still haven't found a map. I don't even know how many maps have repeatedly showed up. Screw this game.

I'm getting annoyed at the fact that my villagers aren't requesting PWPs in neither of my towns.... How many times do they need a change in greetings, catchphrases and nicknames? I'm tired of the UFO questions too, lol. JUST. GIVE. ME. PWPS.

Having a PWP limit. I have 5 extra projects I want but can't have -_-
My town looks stupid without them

Last edited:
I hate that the whole game has RNG (random) elements, for example:
- native fruits
- villagers
- grass type
- rock placement (Probably bothers me the most!)
etc.

I kind of want to pick what I like and I get a little mad when something is not right in my town. I know the whole point of Animal Crossing: New Leaf is to be happy with what you get and make the best out of it. But I am a very nitpicky person and this really annoys me a lot.

OK, one of my pet peeves in this game is... Get this... The community. Too much favoritism.
As for in-game stuff? Guilt-trips if you don't select the """"Good"""" option when a villager is moving away, Animal Crossing Puzzle League being insanely hard, etc, etc. I'll say more later.

Back