ACNL Rant Discussion Thread

Patterns on the ground should not count as something being on the ground.

I have lost SO MANY BALLOON PRESENTS. So many fruit and money and furniture from trees.

I understand not letting flowers and patterns being on the same tile but why can't I put other items down on them?? Why can't I have patterns in front of doors?
i acually like seeing it disapear

I know this doesn't change the sound of the name, but her name comes from the Latin word for forest (so very fitting for a squirrel!)
Might help you think less of electronics, hopefully
I just think of slyvanas from WoW who i know of from HotS

Last edited:
I get so irked by the villagers' comments on bee stings *grumble* Seriously, getting stung is annoying enough, must you make me feel like how horribly disfigured?!
Even worse when they say something along the lines of "you better put medicine on that" when my town is new and I don't have access to any yet! Arg o.?
That's were I love the uchis and thank them for being in the game *sigh*

Last edited:
We are the mayor so why can't we suggest a pwp? When my villagers do suggest them they are always the ugly ones, every single time. I want a police station but apparently no one else does. Also they need to pay more toward building them.
Why is it that the ones you do the most for and like the best wanna leave but the ones you totally ignore refuse to budge? Makes zero sense.
The museum is way too far considering how often you go there. If we can get Katrina to set up shop in town why not Redd? It makes far more sense for him to have a shop than her.
For the love of god why do these morons need to chase me around the stores? Let me shop in peace! If I need something I'll come to you. Or let me click on the item I want and then you come running over.
It never fails the one person I'm looking for is the only one I can't find. There has to be a better way to find people besides running all over town and checking every nook and cranny.
Rocks. If we wanna build a pwp trees can be moved but not rocks. Stupid.
Also please make villagers smarter when they wanna trade. I will not give them a shark for a shirt. smh.
Actually make em smarter period. Villager asks for a medium size item for his house. I go to retail and buy an item he is selling and when I give it to him he says it's perfect. Really? Then why were you selling it?
Deep sea hunting is hard enough without the jellyfish. Put them back the way they used to be.
Mosquitoes and cicadas are annoying. Just sayin.
And lastly.....please stop calling me honeybun.

This is more a rant about me, rather than the game. Kicking my several-years-ago self for cutting down and selling ALL my cherries in place of perfect cherries. Yes, they are more profitable, but now I have no regular ones to round out my orchard. My little completionist self is dying over here. So, yeah. Not so smart.

Sooo...we have no length limit? Okay....
I hate how paths need to be used if you want a permanent path. I prefer dirt paths, but I've been using a pattern so I can have a permanent one. The paths get so annoying and it takes forever to make a dirt path. Then if you line your paths with trees, when you shake one, everything disappears into the path.
And public works projects are really irritating after a while. The diving trick does nothing for me and when it does work, I don't get what I want. Why does nobody else want a police station???
Now let's talk about customizing furniture. I've been customizing a lot for my houses to be more personalized but a whole set takes forever!!
Landscaping is a whole other mess. I always get new ideas and then worry because I already used almost all of my supplies and don't have enough to go again. Those stupid spots where trees or bushes won't grow is annoying. I can't make a heart design because the bottom bush just dies!
Whew...there's more but that's all for another day...

What really bothers me is with the umbrellas and if you look closely, you can see the stick of the umbrella going through your characters head a little bit.
like just
ok

Imbri, you might try playing the island mini games. I've gotten durians,lemons,lychees and mangos. This is my new town, in my original town I had all the fruits. In fact if I find cherries I can grab some extra for you if you want. :)

When villagers ask you for fruit that you don't have.

T-Bone asked me for an orange, one of 4 fruits (besides pears, peaches, and persimmons) that I do not have in my town.

Why are peeps allowed to put their houses wherever they want??? Do you know how many man hours I have wasted trying to get people in the right spots, only to have them never go in the right place and waste even more time???

In the next AC game they need to allow the MAYOR to choose where THEY want THEIR people to live. That'd be like someone in real life just placing their foundation in the middle of a dirt road. Who does that?

Couldn't agree more. I am the MAYOR so please pay some respect lol if I don't approve you living in my town mean NO! And also the random plotting matter that give me heart attack when I plot resetted 4 times and Katt still at same spot! I almost thought I accidentally login any of the existing character but it turns out she just too stubborn lol anyway the mayor should be the one authorizing any illegal house plotting!

- - - Post Merge - - -

We are the mayor so why can't we suggest a pwp? When my villagers do suggest them they are always the ugly ones, every single time. I want a police station but apparently no one else does. Also they need to pay more toward building them.
Why is it that the ones you do the most for and like the best wanna leave but the ones you totally ignore refuse to budge? Makes zero sense.
The museum is way too far considering how often you go there. If we can get Katrina to set up shop in town why not Redd? It makes far more sense for him to have a shop than her.
For the love of god why do these morons need to chase me around the stores? Let me shop in peace! If I need something I'll come to you. Or let me click on the item I want and then you come running over.
It never fails the one person I'm looking for is the only one I can't find. There has to be a better way to find people besides running all over town and checking every nook and cranny.
Rocks. If we wanna build a pwp trees can be moved but not rocks. Stupid.
Also please make villagers smarter when they wanna trade. I will not give them a shark for a shirt. smh.
Actually make em smarter period. Villager asks for a medium size item for his house. I go to retail and buy an item he is selling and when I give it to him he says it's perfect. Really? Then why were you selling it?
Deep sea hunting is hard enough without the jellyfish. Put them back the way they used to be.
Mosquitoes and cicadas are annoying. Just sayin.
And lastly.....please stop calling me honeybun.

The last sentences LOLOLOL * I died*

Tom is my little baby, he's been in my town since day 1, but he's got 3 of my other villagers (including sweet Felicity!!) saying "me-YOWZA" and it's ..... umm....interesting :confused:

I like my mayor's house and the town hall to be right next to each other and perfectly aligned. Recently, I reset, came across a great map, and ended up losing that map because I made a small mistake when placing my house. Ugh, why can't it be easier to place houses and pwps exactly where you want them? Especially with things you can't demolish.

Last edited:
My sister's house in my town now has 4 houses surrounding it! At least my house is still private. And I can't seem to catch any new fish for my museum, the ones I need are in wintertime.

I just wasted a blue hydrangea start. I went to the area where I wanted to plant it, scuffed out the marker, then hit the wrong choice - instead of digging a hole, I forgot I had highlighted it (trying to remember which start was which) and planted it where I stood. Gah!

I know I'll get another soon, but I'm kicking myself for being boneheaded.

Last edited:
I wish the grass wear that comes with the town would grow back, and I wish it was easier to get dirt paths. I've been getting a lot of pwps suggested lately, which is good.

I hate when they keep asking for fruit. No, you are not busy. You are walking around with a NET trying to catch BUGS! Also, there is a tree full of fresh fruit. GET IT YOURSELF!!

I've been trying to get all the different fruits without other players' help - I'm about to give up though, seeing as I've sent over 30 letters without receiving a single one in response. The last time I mailed each one of my ten villagers, only TWO of their letters even came with a present! I've just about had it. From now on when they ask for fruit they're only going to get durians, because they stink *grumble*

Back