ACNL Rant Discussion Thread

There's much, much more badly designed villagers than good. And more that are just mediocre.
I get you're supposed to like them for their personality and quirks but its,, kinda hard to see that through an awful design.
ESPECIALLY since there's a whole category of other villagers with the same exact personality. I understand having a few ugly ducklings but it's appalling with the amount there is.
Design is a pretty subjective thing though so this is just my personal opinion :0

I also wish they went farther with the designs more often,, like coco, Julian, Ankha, etc. They seen to be the most interesting and popular and its much more fun than uh,, normal looking cat #67

This is one of my gripes, too. I appreciate the fact that there are so many villagers available, but I wish a lot of them were better designed. I immediately loved Tia when I saw her, and immediately hated Barold and Rasher and tried to get them out of my first town.

I guess the game does kinda teach you not to judge a book by its cover, since I initially didn't like Monty and was planning on getting him to leave, but then he gave me a lot of fruit. And when I say 'a lot of fruit,' I mean that aside from the island fruits, every fruit I have in my town originally came from him! I got all of the town fruits from him, and persimmons and bamboo before I even unlocked Gracie.

Still hate Rasher, though.

I'm about to stop building PWP in Osspri. I really am.

I'm trying to place the tower, and every time I try to place the tower I the mayor who is going to be the ONLY one paying for it, wants it, THIS happens

I wanted to put it right next to town hall but this happened
23131595_366100457165565_1741839140976424658_n.jpg

Then I was like "Well okay, then I'll place it a bit further back from the town hall but then

23130500_366100367165574_1201860304890033433_n.jpg

Okay, so I'll compromise and place it a bit further sound from the town hall. At this point I as annoyed so this last part really pushed me over the edge.

23031553_366100260498918_1035347438227264082_n.jpg

I don't understand this game sometimes. Are we the mayors of the town or not? The town is running us, we aren't running the town. Can't even place stuff were we want. Right now, I'm BeyondAngryTails.

Last edited:
Right now I'm super frustrated because I only need ONE SINGLE fossil left for my museum, and I feel like the odds of finding just that one is so low I'll rip my hair out. Sure, you made decent cash selling the fossils in re-tail, but the whole process of digging them up, going up to the museum, getting them assessed, and going back to sell them is such a pain. I JUST WANT THE LAST ONE.

- - - Post Merge - - -

hooooly cow. Ranting apparently works, because I found the last fossil and completed my museum (for the first time EVER in all my towns, as well). YAHOO

My frustration level with Animal Crossing New Leaf is off the charts right now

I've been searching 30 minutes for a fish that's 'supposedly' common but I keep catching a fish that's 'supposedly' rare. Then Cranston, who needs to move so I can build my campsite, pinged me about 20 times today to ask me the same stupid question: Whether I like oceans or mountains better. He needs to move. I've had enough of him! >: (

Well one good thing. The bench was demolished like it was supposed to be and my tower fit where I wanted it.

Last edited:
I'm almost positive this has been said here already but
The villagers' dialogue in this game is so repetitive and bland. And its almost as if personalities don't even matter.

In the original Animal Crossing, snooties and crankies were actually rude to you. I don't know if I'm the only one, but I loved that! The personalities felt defined and different from the others.

In New Leaf, all the animals personalities are watered down. There's barely any variety of dialogue (whereas the original had tons, it seemed like) and they will repeat the same conversation over and over. I remember City Folk had this problem, as well.

This is really my only gripe about the game. Its really disappointing though, considering I spend a lot of my time talking to my villagers. Its just not as fun as it used to be. :c

Last edited:
For the last 3 days I've only found 3 fossils in my town. This is beyond frustrating. I'm almost at the end of my rope with this game. I'm serious. I only have 1 fossil left to complete the fossil exhibit and I have a feeling this game is purposely only giving me 3 fossils. I've had enough.

Edit: Once again, ranting worked in my favor. The minute I posted this, I took another stroll around town and found the fossil in a spot that made no sense at all. I don't know how they expected me to see it, even with my glasses on.

Last edited:
I'm about to stop building PWP in Osspri. I really am.

I'm trying to place the tower, and every time I try to place the tower I the mayor who is going to be the ONLY one paying for it, wants it, THIS happens

I wanted to put it right next to town hall but this happened
View attachment 210596

Then I was like "Well okay, then I'll place it a bit further back from the town hall but then

View attachment 210597

Okay, so I'll compromise and place it a bit further sound from the town hall. At this point I as annoyed so this last part really pushed me over the edge.

View attachment 210598

I don't understand this game sometimes. Are we the mayors of the town or not? The town is running us, we aren't running the town. Can't even place stuff were we want. Right now, I'm BeyondAngryTails.

This is my biggest annoyance. I'M THE MAYOR. I RUN THE TOWN. I should be able to put a PWP where I want. Same thing with the houses. How come villagers can pretty much put their house wherever they want but I can't? I thought I was the mayor?

Very small nitpick, but they took away the old town hall theme music, which is 10x better than the one now. I mean, at least put it in the post office? But nope, they didn’t. It’s gone. :(

I'd love it if we could have fifteen villagers per town rather than the ten we are allotted. I loved the bigger towns in past games. And I really wish we had the option to open any and all PWP from day one so we could pick and choose how to beautify our towns rather than waiting endlessly for someone to suggest them. That just seems like an enormous waste of time to me and I am sure, many other players.

I hate that it's gone from 8 (WW) to 10 villagers. I want space for better things.

Things that don't ask for fruit. Every. Single. Day.

4 villagers. Maximum.

Last edited:
My biggest annoyance with the game is that it punishes you for not playing. For example, you get new leaf, play it addictively for a month, get another game and lose intrest in new leaf for a while. but after some time, you start playing again. But you find the town is overrun with weeds, some villagers will have moved out and the others will be annoyed at you. It can take a while to recover from, in my experience. I just wish this wasn't a thing so I wouldn't feel guilty after not playing for a while.

why can't i donate gyroids to the museum? why do i feel so tired when i collect them? why do only four gyroids work in one room? my dreams of creating an ear piercing room was shattered many years ago
why did you make dobie a cranky villager in NL, i get it, he looks old, but he was waaaay cuter when he was a lazy.
why do the ore textures on furniture look so ugly?

I've been waiting on the same pwp to be suggested for over a year now. JUST GIVE IT TO ME PLEASE.

Why must Rover give you 4 maps at a time instead of giving an infinite amount. :(

I think 10 villagers is a happy medium and gives just enough room for things
Thooo I kinda wish towns were larger in size in general and were more unique. And also not have the PWP limit

Though it is unlikely most people will hit the limit, why have in there anyway

Last edited:
Back