ACNL Rant Discussion Thread

At least it's not that bad. But to be honest, since I care a lot about journalizing what I do in-game, a lot of the records I made won't be legitimate. It's infinitely far away from the point where it cannot be salvaged, but I still wish animals didn't screw me over in the first place.

If any villager started it all, it would be Gruff.

Why does the town tree take so long to grow? I know it's meant to be symbolic and all to show how much your town has grown over time but I think for a game that's not exactly true to real life, it's a bit too long of a wait in my opinion. Also, I wish after the first night of arriving in town villagers would stop giving you tips about the game straight after that. It's annoying how often they'll give you tips about the game even if you've had the town for over a year.

I recently realized that I want to get back into ACNL, so I decided to re-create my town. Problem is, though, is that all of the maps given to me in the intro have been terrible so far, and I've already reloaded six times now.

Seriously, either the river takes up 2/3 of the map, or the layout is really good but there's 4+ ponds and the buildings are in bad spots. :I

I recently realized that I want to get back into ACNL, so I decided to re-create my town. Problem is, though, is that all of the maps given to me in the intro have been terrible so far, and I've already reloaded six times now.

Seriously, either the river takes up 2/3 of the map, or the layout is really good but there's 4+ ponds and the buildings are in bad spots. :I

I have reset many.....many times before the update but now it seems the maps are worse:

- more ponds (not that I'm against ponds but we're talking 5-6 ponds)
- more river
- just....different

/end resetting rant - but I may be back later lol

why can't i just plant trees and bushes wherever I want? that would make town building so much easier but nOPE.

Clipping into objects when you have an umbrella kind of irks me. Like it you have a large hat it will clip. Trees too close you walk with clip. I spent a lot of time with an umbrella for fun.
Retail closing I want to seek my stuff 24/7

If you wanna get rid of villagers, the ones that move in a bad spot are tough customers. If the spot their house is in is undesirable, they are less likely to move out than the animals that placed their houses properly.

How did I know? I tried getting rid of Prince, and everybody but Prince wants to move. Then I tried the same with Mallary, Naomi, and Purrl. They did not want to move. I don't get it.

I hope the 3DS can't read your mind.

Tomorrow is the fishing tourney, and I can't build or demolish any PWP's.

And why not?
Because Isabelle said so.

I'm the MAYOR!

I WANT to work!

Priming up the toy hammer, and waiting for her. :-|

I can't believe how insensitive villagers can get. I kicked out Shari, expecting Flo to move where Shari once lived. And where did Flo move? In front of Town Hall where path patterns already exist. And there were no path patterns from where I want Flo to move to. That's very insensitive. And no villagers are too close to where I want Flo to live.

why can't i just plant trees and bushes wherever I want? that would make town building so much easier but nOPE.

Oh, yeah, I'm REALLY with you on this one! I still don't understand the rules about this, and yesterday wasted 3 blue hydrangeas! I hate when that happens!

AND, I want to plant bamboo at the edge of the ponds!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tomorrow is the fishing tourney, and I can't build or demolish any PWP's.

And why not?
Because Isabelle said so.

I'm the MAYOR!

I WANT to work!

Priming up the toy hammer, and waiting for her. :-|

I'm glad you reminded me so I can be upset today, too! ;) (Can you get me a hammer quickly?)

Last edited:
And I'm back already.

Remember when I said that I was struggling to get a map that wasn't awful? Well, I managed to get a good one yesterday. So when I got to the train station, Lily and Biskit were there to greet me and I was so excited because they're both so cute!!!

I have a huge problem with them though.

HNI_0006.JPG

It's this. These are their houses. Directly in front of the train station.

Welp, looks like Lily and Biskit will be headed to the Villager Trading Plaza as soon as I get my town fully set up. It's a shame, because I really like both of them. Especially Lily.

And I'm back already.

Remember when I said that I was struggling to get a map that wasn't awful? Well, I managed to get a good one yesterday. So when I got to the train station, Lily and Biskit were there to greet me and I was so excited because they're both so cute!!!

View attachment 199242

Welp, looks like Lily and Biskit will be headed to the Villager Trading Plaza as soon as I get my town fully set up. It's a shame, because I really like both of them. Especially Lily.

I think you could work with one of the houses - especially Lily's - her house is like a train station pond.

But not both. It's too much. I think you're right - one of them has to go.
I hope you like the rest of your map!

the fact that we STILL cant do anything with fish and fruit apart from sell and eat it :( i hope this cooking in animal crossing isnt just a false rumour

And I'm back already.

View attachment 199242

If you really like them, you can always cycle or perhaps get their Amiibo cards!

Fossils don't show up for some reason in my town, which is angering me because I need just 10 more to complete the fossil exhibit in my museum. Gyroids have no problems showing up after it rains through and that would be great if I actually needed gyroids but I don't.

I'm going to give up on trying to complete this museum because it's obvious not going to happen

Last edited:
Fossils don't show up for some reason in my town, which is angering me because I need just 10 more to complete the fossil exhibit in my museum. Gyroids have no problems showing up after it rains through and that would be great if I actually needed gyroids but I don't.

I'm going to give up on trying to complete this museum because it's obvious not going to happen

Are you TT'ing a lot? I saw another user on Tumblr a while ago complaining they weren't getting fossils from TT'ing, and I didn't believe them until it suddenly happened to me as well. :/
I think it's something from lots of TT'ing... I just caught up from having my town in February over about a week of skipping 7-9 days at a time. I think I still got fossils when I only skipped 1-2 days at a time.

Either way, check out the Re-Tail forum if you can play online! I'm sure someone has the fossils you need.

I do not time travel in my game. I think I'll check out the Re Tail forum to see if anyone has the 10 fossils i need

My villagers are giving me the wrong PWP suggestions. I now need the flower arch and illuminated arch.

Not really a rant, but anyone find it weird that we can't toss away letters in our own house.

Last edited:
My biggest gripe is that I can't dictate where the town's residential areas are. Imagine working really hard on a nice landscaping area only to have it stomped on by a villager house? Saving up for an expensive PWP only to have a villager move directly in front of it?

Speaking of PWPs, it's incredibly annoying that the villagers don't think a town is developed enough, but also are so roundabout about making good suggestions for projects. If you want improvements, don't be so stingy! Granted, the diving trick isn't too annoying for me because I hardly pay attention to my 3DS during the time when I'm doing it, but it's still a strange, roundabout way of getting things done.

Back