• Our Earth Week 2024 mini-event is scheduled to begin tonight featuring hybrid flower breeding and more -- stay tuned!

ACNL Rant Discussion Thread

It really bugs me when you have 2 or more of the same personality type and you talk to both one after the other and

THEY BOTH SAY THE EXACT SAME CONVERSATION

At least have the same personality type programmed to say something different so it's not deja vu Rrrr. :blush:

I get fed up with the dialogue in the Nookling store specifically - it's so long and repetitive! Honestly, buying and turning in fortune cookie tickets is something I somewhat dread o.o

Also, more of a hope for the next game than a rant: the game really could use some better hairstyles. Only very few of the female ones look acceptable to me *sigh*

I get so tired of rarely getting pwps. I want to really decorate my town but it takes FOREVER to get requests for projects.

Currently: the fact you can only buy two bush starts a day. I really wish when you dug up a bush you got the seed back, because it's so hard to get enough bushes to line your paths and I'm forever having to buy them on the trading forum! It just seems so silly that you can't dig up and reuse a bush.

Why the **** is a pwp "too close" to the river when it's like 10 steps away but a villager can move right next to one (also right on my flowers)

Since we can't see rocks, i got a good layout with 10 or more rocks just scattered everywhere. thankfully, none of them are in the way but it may change as i start putting pwps down. i feel like I'm gonna rage over one soon.

The dead spots are annoying. It's always nice having 11 bushes planted only for the 5th one to die the next day. And why are only 2 sold even in the last upgrade? :(

Last edited:
I agree! It could be more like the stationary, where you can buy multiple shrubs at once (especially once Leif's has been fully updated)

That would be amazing!

Why the **** is a pwp "too close" to the river when it's like 10 steps away but a villager can move right next to one (also right on my flowers)

UGH I hate this! I wanted to put a bell next to my town hall but it would have been too far away and ruined my bushes. It's so irritating!

Since we can't see rocks, i got a good layout with 10 or more rocks just scattered everywhere. thankfully, none of them are in the way but it may change as i start putting pwps down. i feel like I'm gonna rage over one soon.

I hate rocks. They've made so many of my bush lined paths look awkward. I WISH we could smash them somehow.

The dead spots are annoying. It's always nice having 11 bushes planted only for the 5th one to die the next day. And why are only 2 sold even in the last upgrade? :(

Okay so I've discovered there's no such thing as dead spots. If you plant one bush a day from top to bottom your bushes won't die. They only die when you plant lots at once and one bush doesn't like the environment. Obviously you can still only plant 12 in a row but you CAN avoid the annoying dead spots. When I discovered this it was a game changer (but annoying as I had to replant SO many bushes and start again to avoid the dead spots).

Last edited:
I can't find my two new dreamies anywhere and I'm starting to think I would have been better off keeping Diana & Beau. :/

Okay, I know that I'm supposed to be patient when doing the diving trick for getting PWPs, but if I have Wolfgang ask me if I like mac n' cheese or spaghetti one more time, I might scream! Literally all of my villagers say the same thing over and over again whenever they ping me, and I'm getting tired of changing their catchphrases when all I want is a simple PWP suggestion (•̀_•́)

Okay, I know that I'm supposed to be patient when doing the diving trick for getting PWPs, but if I have Wolfgang ask me if I like mac n' cheese or spaghetti one more time, I might scream! Literally all of my villagers say the same thing over and over again whenever they ping me, and I'm getting tired of changing their catchphrases when all I want is a simple PWP suggestion (?̀_?́)

WHY do pine trees only grow on the north side of town? I can plant Lychee trees and pear trees right next to each other, but pine trees no the southern side of town is too much? It makes ZERO sense and really pisses me off, since I'm going for an overgrown foresty town, and because I can't hack the entire north side of town is pines while the entire south side of town is perfect apple trees...:/

Also, the dialogue gets so horrible boring. there's no diversity at all. im sad that they never updated the game with more dialogue options.

Okay so I've discovered there's no such thing as dead spots. If you plant one bush a day from top to bottom your bushes won't die. They only die when you plant lots at once and one bush doesn't like the environment. Obviously you can still only plant 12 in a row but you CAN avoid the annoying dead spots. When I discovered this it was a game changer (but annoying as I had to replant SO many bushes and start again to avoid the dead spots).

Omg no way. This IS a game changer! Even though this makes no sense lol
I have to wait though until I get TIY because I got my bushes from someone else :(

I have to wait though until I get TIY because I got my bushes from someone else :(

Yeah, it really doesn't make sense! It took me so long to realise as well, and I literally had to replant over 50% of my bushes (and I had a LOT) to get them the way I wanted. There are so many silly things in the game like this, but at least it makes you feel proud when your town is finally the way you want it haha.

I wanted Beau to move to a certain spot but screwed up doing the trick so now he won't move and he is inbetween the 2 spots I had ready for certain villagers. :mad:

I really hate plot resetting in this game. I wanted a certain amiibo villager to move in the same spot as one of my older villagers, but it wants to move to a spot that can wreck my town.

I'm just about to hit the point where I would evict ALL of my villagers in exchange for the villagers I don't want so I can place path patterns everywhere but the desirable spots to stop villagers from moving there. Then I can bring in the villagers I like.

I wonder why they don't like moving in the spots a previous villager lived in. Nintendo should've put in zoning in the amiibo update.

Last edited:
I'm so done with the suntans. I can't get rid of it, no matter how many hours I stay inside. Her shading doesn't change.
I now have to carry a parasol, which is a waste of space. As an inventory management junkie, it kills me inside. I wish they would sell some 'backpacks' that would really just add a row of slots for inventory. Or even just a tools tab, where all your working items go. (Net, Rod, etc.)

I also really hate Peck. For some reason, sporty types really grate on me. I even like the cranky types. (Walt hasn't said anything that has made me think twice. He's quite.....jolly) But...urgh. I can't wait for him to come out of his house so I can hit him with the bug net. Move out, you jock :mad:

waaaaaait a minute...so is that why my bushes die at this one house for a villager? I put some down in the exact same kind of placement for my own mayor house, and it worked fine. I did it in my second house, and they died. I just...man
I got my bush starts from other people to get em in bulk

Last edited:
I despise the fact that only the "Town Fruit" can have their Perfect Version planted. Ugh why can't I just plant some Perfect Peaches Apples or Cherries instead? I got Pears as Town Fruit, and their Pearfect version is not the best. :(

Last edited:
Back