• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

ACNL Rant Discussion Thread

a rock being in the way of a pwp i want. can't resetti like dig them out or something? sheesh game
a fav fillager moved cause i took a week or so break...and he was the newest move in. thanks game.

Cesar pinged me to tell me he was moving on the 16th. When I said I didn't mind, he immediately changed his mind and said he was staying.

Then WHY did you bother to ping me?!

Just to troll you. He's Cesar after all. Pancetti did that to me all the time and it was driving me insane. I didn't feel like losing my progress, so I just accepted it.

WHY are these idiots dropping more flowers?

Aren't the ten million I've already planted, enough? O_O

Stop greeting me, Timmy, you saw me SIX SECONDS AGO!

Why do I backflip when I change clothes?

WHY does everyone in the game, talk and talk and talk!

Kapp'n, no need for the 85 paragraph speech on how to get in the boat.
I've taken 45 million trips to the island.
Dude....

I KNOW the DRILL! O_O

Last edited:
I wanted to have a nice area for myself so I put my house in a corner of the map where there were no villagers. Now all three FOUR villagers that have moved in have surrounded my house. And they're really close ;_; Damn you guys!

Last edited:
I dont like how nintendo have updated the online aspect with the giant warnings about how making tortimer island friends is forbidden, and i just now learned you're only able to type 3 numbers in per message.
It feels like they took a step backward once again with online comunication.

Ive got fond memories of visitng the island, and japanese players would immediately know to trade FCs even if they spoke little to no english. Then the people on the island would meet up at someones house. I even made a couple "best friends" from it. Hoping the switch version improves there.

also how people can still crash ur game by dcing. that should have been fixed years ago

I wish meow coupons were easier to earn :/ especially since i don't have an nfc scanner

I wish my villagers would stop planting flowers wherever they dang well please. Especially reds and yellows. Our town is called Lilac y'all not Ketchup and Mustard smh

The owl at the museum talks so much...
lol he talked even more in the original GameCube game. For every piece you donated, he explained the history of it. Granted, it was pretty cool learning all about it.

Here he just says 'ew I hate bugs!' for every bug.

I dont like how nintendo have updated the online aspect with the giant warnings about how making tortimer island friends is forbidden, and i just now learned you're only able to type 3 numbers in per message.
Sadly that's been the case with Nintendo for a while. I don't know if you ever used Miiverse, but that place didn't let anyone trade friend codes or nothing. For a company that promotes family and friendly fun, and even gives the option to have online features for people to come together and have fun, they've always been overly strict.

This is why I love forums like this place. We can all come together and have fun. They're not unnecessarily uncompromising like Nintendo. I love the company, but they can be really stupid sometimes.

Last edited:
lol he talked even more in the original GameCube game. For every piece you donated, he explained the history of it. Granted, it was pretty cool learning all about it.

Here he just says 'ew I hate bugs!' for every bug.

Sadly that's been the case with Nintendo for a while. I don't know if you ever used Miiverse, but that place didn't let anyone trade friend codes or nothing. For a company that promotes family and friendly fun, and even gives the option to have online features for people to come together and have fun, they've always been overly strict.

This is why I love forums like this place. We can all come together and have fun. They're not unnecessarily uncompromising like Nintendo. I love the company, but they can be really stupid sometimes.

Yeah, I can honestly say... I know so much about all of the insects, fish and dinos that I donated over the years thanks to Blathers lol

My rant is: STOP MOVING IN IN FRONT OF MY ROCKS!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ugh Lobo moved out two months ago, IVE BEEN FLIPPING CYCLING ALL OF MY AMIIBO OUT, AND JUST WHEN THE LAST AMIIBO CARD MOVE IN MOVED OUT, I GOT HIS CARD FOR CHRISTMAS. Honestly I've wasted this December cycling to get Lobo in :cri:

Also, I really don't want an unsightly streetlight, Ankha. Katt suggest me a geyser pweeeeese. Also, I put a fence in one specific place so when both Merengue and Pietro come outside they would stay in there, BUT NOW THEY NEVER DOOOOO. I was also salty when my bro time traveled to Christmas Day when I had all of the Toy Day hints.

I got pinged for a caution sign today! First PWP in like 3 months.. safe to say that will never happen in a million years

- - - Post Merge - - -

That some villagers will hold onto furniture that is absolutely hideous. One of my villagers has a dinosaur fossil that I gave him when I first started the town and the goofball won't let me buy it, trade for it, or replace the darn thing! It takes up so much room in their house.
And the fact that we can't purchase the "special" furniture from them. Rhonda lives in my town.. she has the big mermaid shelf and the lamp.. Can't ever buy them though! I really dislike that

Dear villagers, Those are WHITE Pansies, so please stop planting red and yellow ones there! Especially when there IS a flower patch for those nearby. Darn, colorblind animals!

The owl at the museum talks so much...

The owl (Blathers) doesn't talk ENOUGH, IMO.

I miss the funny, and informative rants from Blathers, when you donated stuff in WW.

Now he says the same thing, or a variation of it, for every single thing you donate.

It's nothing to do with what you've given him either.

"This reminds me when I was under my mother's wing", blah, blah, blah.

What that has to do with an Arapaima, or a T-Rex, I'll never know. o_O

Last edited:
I am getting really sick of seeing the items from the Regal set turn up in my stores every day. I get that the games likes to push a certain set on you once you have a piece of it. Why I will never know, but the theme I am going for is fairytale forest. The mayor is just supposed to an ordinary kid. Not a princess or a duchess or queen of the freaking mountain. Just a regular little kid and I really don't feel like that set goes with my theme. So why does it keep showing up everywhere??? Why are you torturing me, Timmy and Tommy?! T-T

The owl (Blathers) doesn't talk ENOUGH, IMO.

I miss the funny, and informative rants from Blathers, when you donated stuff in WW.

Now he says the same thing, or a variation of it, for every single thing you donate.

It's nothing to do with what you've given him either.

"This reminds me when I was under my mother's wing", blah, blah, blah.

What that has to do with an Arapaima, or a T-Rex, I'll never know. o_O

Yes, thanks. This is what I meant when I quoted them. While yes he talked way more, it didn't seem so because it wasn't just a regurgitation of every other donation. He actually made listening to his rambles fun and informative. I don't remember WW so much, but AC was the same way. And I liked learning all the neat stuff.

Prim, that's how my shop has always been. Not exactly with the regal set, but just any old furniture I already have. It'd always be the same junk I have and don't really want. I remember wanting simple furniture for the longest time and they'd never have it for sell. Low and behold I do a trade with someone and then days later it'd all be on sell all the time. Those little raccoon trolls...

Pietro won't get rid of his Dice Stereo and it's really grinding my gears!!! >:T I gave him a casette player so the floor space could be used for a nicer looking item (I like redoing my villagers houses haha except Boots I didn't change much 'cause his house is so rad already) but no matter how many pieces of same-sized furniture I send he won't replace the stereo grr.
Still not as bad as Sylvana who won't replace ANYTHING because her house is like 99% unorderable stuff.. I've pretty much given up on her interior at this point but it's too bad 'cause her place is soooo ugly compared to the rest of my villagers. ;(

Back