• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

ACNL Rant Discussion Thread

I'm that salty about villagers moving onto QR codes that I'm moving Muffy- who I dislike with every fibre of my being- from the camp ground and plot resetting to get her to move into my free spaces which I know shouldn't be posing a problem dammit...

Like I'm mored annoyed that now I have to suffer with Muffy again.

Last edited:
I'm hoping the magical RNG lords would listen to my plea

Ugh, since Henry moved out, Butch needs to go but he isn't pinging, and all the time it's "oh Gayle wants to move out" or Skye asking to "embark on a new adventure." I need Vladimir to move in so I can get rid of the ugly QRs everywhere that helped me with plot resetting and to start making my carefully concocted ideas into reality. I would have beautifully laid out marble paths, subdued modern sculptures and landmarks, amazing flower arrangements, Ursala finally meeting up with her long lost little brother, and my glow-in-the-dark sheep lighting up the winter night with their neon wool. But I'm stuck, all because BUTCH WON'T MOVE HIS DOGGONE BOOTS OUTTA MY TOWN!!!

To all of you Butch-lovers out there, don't think that I don't like him. He's actually pretty cool but his house does not fit in with the pink neighborhood and I heard ranting helps speed up the time traveling process. I hope that you understand.

my dudes, when you're fishing on the island and you see a shark ... and you flinch and scare it away
*insert angry sigh*
I'm too impatient for fishing :mad:

This game needs to be renamed "Long Winded Tutorials that You Can't Skip."

I have sent 5 shirts to Blanche at this point, since she came from another town in one of those generic shirts, and she's stubbornly refuses to wear ANY of them. She's displaying them ALL in her house, so it now looks like a closet. Never had a villager be this obstinate about their clothing. arrrrggghhh

I hate it when you streetpass someone and if you have only 9 villagers the last one to leave their town moves in yours e.g. I was planning on moving Stitches in after kicking Hugh out but now have Bonbon instead :mad:

I hate the fact that I can?t simply choose who to move out without amiibos, ugh. It?s like, I have Tammi in my town, but I want Tammi out. Yeah, her house looks cute, but dear god I hate her with a burning passion, despite being the town?s punching bag, she never, ever, moves out, or ping me for that matter. I keep myself in speaking terms with her and STILL she doesn?t ping me like everyone else. Also, I hate you, Molly. Your house looks perfect, but I hate your guts, so please move out after Hans.

I should thank Hans that he wants to move, I liked him, but he overstayed.

Why does Redd have to show up after I've completed the art section, I don't like seeing his dumb tent and he ruins my patterns :mad:

Last edited:
Why does Redd have to show up after I've completed the art section, I don't like seeing his dumb tent and he ruins my patterns :mad:

I feel your pain I hate Redd with a fiery passion :mad:
I never plan to complete the museum so there is no need for him to show up destroying my nicely placed tiles.
As mayor it should be up to me who can come to my town. I would ban Katrina too and the bug off and fishing tourney!

The Zebra Turkeyfish is pissing me off. I'm trying to catch a Dab and the turkeyfish keeps getting in the way. It says on the wiki that the Dab is fairly common but that's not true because I've been searching for almost an hour and if it was a fairly common fish, I would have at least caught one by now.

Edit: Once again ranting worked. Right after I posted this rant, I caught a dab. -_-

Last edited:
I'm moving Muffy- who I dislike with every fibre of my being
I have Muffy as well! I don't like her either - her eyes are creepy and her I think her personality is creepy too. (What is it with the sheep in my town being creepy? First it was Muffy, and now Pietro's moved in...) I don't like uchis. :(

Every time I have free time and want to spend it doing the dive trick for a pwp from Tipper, she's in her house! Like today, I was all ready to do so but nope she's in her house and won't leave smh

They talk way too much in this game. Especially Isabelle with her tutorials that you can't skip. I just made a second character to buy a second painting at Redd's and I dread plot resetting because you have to listen to her talk on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and ON again about things you ALREADY KNOW!

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm kinda disappointed over the way the villagers are acting and talking
in New Leaf. In my opinion, back in Wild World (for example), the villagers acted more
in their personalities then they do now. The crankies were mean to you, snooties were
arrogant... Now they are all so, I don't know, too soft? Also I have to say, I liked the
dialog more back then. It feels like they talked much more about different stuff then
they do now in NL.

Another thing that kinda bothers me is the fact that sometimes, it doesn't feel like that
you are the mayor in the town. I mean sure, you can build PWPs, choose a ordinance for
your town and so on. However, I wish you as the mayor had more responsibility. It would
have been nice if you could organized your own festivals, if you could have choose together
with the villagers where they put their houses, like, you know... More mayor tasks. Not sure
if I'm the only one who bothers that.

I also miss the flea market. That was like on of my favorite things back in Wild World. Why
isn't it anymore in New Leaf?

The next thing where I'm sad about it is that the observatory doesn't exist anymore. Since
I never really use the rooms at the second floor at all, I would rather have the observatory
then those rooms.

Messages in a bottle. They do realize that they could done something cool with them, right?
Especially since New Leaf also support Streetpass. But nope, let's cut out that feature. It's
not like that I wouldn't have been happy to find some random bottles with little messages in
them on the beach Nintendo...

Last but not least: The fact that you have to pay basically all PWPs on your own. I mean,
the few hundred bells the villagers donate are, sorry, a joke compare to the amount you
have to donate so that the PWPs get build at the end. At least my villagers never donated
so much bells at all. I'm not saying that they should now donate almost the entire amount,
but a little bit more would be nice.

Wow, I didn't wanted to rant that much, whoops...

I wish there was actually something to do in the super late/super early hours of the game. It's almost worthless to play past re-tail closing since you can no longer make money, and there's so much opportunity for fun things - secret night events, maybe a chance for a new NPC to do things at night, or even a shop that opens very late that sells or does something fun so it's actually worth it to wake up and play. As someone who suffers from insomnia and often boots up games to kill time, it sucks that ACNL is really boring at those times :(

Club LOL also sucks and doesn't even stay open that late.

These Amiibo villagers will not move away...

I want gold roses, but I don't want to water all the flowers in my town.

Why can't I put a small item in the middle of a big table? ...

Timmy and Tommy talk too much >__<

If one more villager asks me for a piece of the cabin furniture i have in my pockets, so HELP me....

I have 7 pieces of the cabin furniture in my inventory because I'm getting them customized by Cyrus and all day villagers have been asking to trade one of the furniture pieces for a useless shirt that I don't need or want. Instead of bugging me about furniture that they don't need in their house, they should be thinking of some PwP projects I can build in Ossipri or better yet move out.

To be honest, I'm kinda disappointed over the way the villagers are acting and talking
in New Leaf. In my opinion, back in Wild World (for example), the villagers acted more
in their personalities then they do now. The crankies were mean to you, snooties were
arrogant... Now they are all so, I don't know, too soft? Also I have to say, I liked the
dialog more back then. It feels like they talked much more about different stuff then
they do now in NL.

Another thing that kinda bothers me is the fact that sometimes, it doesn't feel like that
you are the mayor in the town. I mean sure, you can build PWPs, choose a ordinance for
your town and so on. However, I wish you as the mayor had more responsibility. It would
have been nice if you could organized your own festivals, if you could have choose together
with the villagers where they put their houses, like, you know... More mayor tasks. Not sure
if I'm the only one who bothers that.

I also miss the flea market. That was like on of my favorite things back in Wild World. Why
isn't it anymore in New Leaf?

The next thing where I'm sad about it is that the observatory doesn't exist anymore. Since
I never really use the rooms at the second floor at all, I would rather have the observatory
then those rooms.

Messages in a bottle. They do realize that they could done something cool with them, right?
Especially since New Leaf also support Streetpass. But nope, let's cut out that feature. It's
not like that I wouldn't have been happy to find some random bottles with little messages in
them on the beach Nintendo...

Last but not least: The fact that you have to pay basically all PWPs on your own. I mean,
the few hundred bells the villagers donate are, sorry, a joke compare to the amount you
have to donate so that the PWPs get build at the end. At least my villagers never donated
so much bells at all. I'm not saying that they should now donate almost the entire amount,
but a little bit more would be nice.

Wow, I didn't wanted to rant that much, whoops...

I agree with all of that.

We aren't Mayors.
We are slaves.

Back