ACNL Rant Discussion Thread

Omg what really grinds my gears is when you're on the island, just trying to make some money to feed your family amirite, and nothing spawns for like 10 minutes, no matter how many times you try to respawn by going inside and then coming back out. Please, gods of the island, please increase the number of bugs and fish that can exist at one time (I think right now it is 5 fish and 5 bugs at a time, which makes it really annoying when you have to keep scaring off finless fish and warf roaches and butterflies to get the good stuff)!!

Also, the golden stags are sometimes so ridiculous. I see one in the corner of my screen, take one itty bitty tiny really slow step towards it, and it flies away!

The island is making me emo :(

i saw this neat town screenshot with flower patch pwps in front of the town tree and i wanted to try it out...

only to realize i had plotted my house directly in front of the town tree

Omg what really grinds my gears is when you're on the island, just trying to make some money to feed your family amirite, and nothing spawns for like 10 minutes, no matter how many times you try to respawn by going inside and then coming back out. Please, gods of the island, please increase the number of bugs and fish that can exist at one time (I think right now it is 5 fish and 5 bugs at a time, which makes it really annoying when you have to keep scaring off finless fish and warf roaches and butterflies to get the good stuff)!!

Also, the golden stags are sometimes so ridiculous. I see one in the corner of my screen, take one itty bitty tiny really slow step towards it, and it flies away!

The island is making me emo :(

Omg the radius of the golden stag is huge. I never walk in front of them. I always circle around, in a wide circle mind you, and sneak up from behind by holding A. Also, stop-and-go sneaking seems less likely to scare them away.

I'm beginning to notice something strange about my animals. Now when I seek PWPs suggestions through the diving trick, they only ask useless questions rather than suggest PWPs. Granted, I did get some of the ones I wanted, but now I'm looking for a Jungle Gym and a Metal Bench. Instead of suggesting PWPs, they asked useless questions.

What really annoys me is how the house expansion looks when you only build either the right or left side room... it's so ugly and loopsided... and the exterior obviously looks like the upstairs room/roof/attic or whatever is larger but it's the side rooms... doesn't make any sense. :< I also wish there were other exteriors to choose from like in HHD... I swear that game ruined me.

What really annoys me is how the house expansion looks when you only build either the right or left side room... it's so ugly and loopsided... and the exterior obviously looks like the upstairs room/roof/attic or whatever is larger but it's the side rooms... doesn't make any sense. :< I also wish there were other exteriors to choose from like in HHD... I swear that game ruined me.

Thought I was the only one. I was happy with my house til I played that game. Now my whole house ismessed up because I wanna make it perfect.

This gets me on my nerves, I'm so perfectionist I need everything covered :mad:

mcayxz.jpg

Also, only being able to have 10 patterns max in each character is ridiculous.

i've been TTing pretty much all day because i'm trying to cycle some villagers, get the ones i want in, etc. spent hours upon hours TTing one day at a time only for Punchy to move out without even pinging me sdgjha3jhngsjdg

Is it true that you can only get one PWP suggestion a day? I'm asking that because I got an ugly suggestion today (fairy-tale bench). I'm looking for a Jungle Gym or Metal Bench. But instead, I'm getting some unwanted PWPs. I can't even reject it because it would require meeting Resetti now that he's in town. I guess I'll need to evict Goldie for giving me the wrong suggestion.

I do think randomized PWP suggestions is fair, but here's something you need to know, and I hope Nintendo knows. If you want to make it where you can only get one PWP suggestion a day, then you need to find other ways to unlock other than having animals grab for your attention. And if that's the only way to unlock PWPs, then there should be a possibility to get more than one PWP suggestion a day.

Also, you should have the ability to reject PWP suggestions without resetting. So if they suggest a PWP and if you approve of it, it will show up in your directory, and you can't get another for the day. If you disapprove, it will not show up in your directory, but that would make animals angry or sad.

Is it true that you can only get one PWP suggestion a day? I'm asking that because I got an ugly suggestion today (fairy-tale bench). I'm looking for a Jungle Gym or Metal Bench. But instead, I'm getting some unwanted PWPs. I can't even reject it because it would require meeting Resetti now that he's in town. I guess I'll need to evict Goldie for giving me the wrong suggestion.

I do think randomized PWP suggestions is fair, but here's something you need to know, and I hope Nintendo knows. If you want to make it where you can only get one PWP suggestion a day, then you need to find other ways to unlock other than having animals grab for your attention. And if that's the only way to unlock PWPs, then there should be a possibility to get more than one PWP suggestion a day.

Also, you should have the ability to reject PWP suggestions without resetting. So if they suggest a PWP and if you approve of it, it will show up in your directory, and you can't get another for the day. If you disapprove, it will not show up in your directory, but that would make animals angry or sad.

I've heard of people getting at least 2 suggestions (maybe 3??) But I've heard it's really hard and takes a while... it's recommended that when you get one, you just TT a day as it takes up less time, but it's still possible, I'm sure.

Also yeah, it's so hard to get the PWPs that you want...hnn ;;;;;

I've heard of people getting at least 2 suggestions (maybe 3??) But I've heard it's really hard and takes a while... it's recommended that when you get one, you just TT a day as it takes up less time, but it's still possible, I'm sure.

Also yeah, it's so hard to get the PWPs that you want...hnn ;;;;;

Yeah, I ended up saving my game and time traveling, but I labeled the fairy-tale bench as "junk project" instead of its actual name (actually, I put in the s-word instead) in my town development log.

And yes, Goldie is still in my town, but I am ungrateful for the PWP suggestion she gave me.

805bccc4-fb40-404c-a4a7-a335d98c9b9b.jpg

(Not really a rant) We need trees that stay small, they're so cute this way.

I don't mean to bump this thread back but there was two rants I needed to get out there. I know they may sound stupid to some but they really irked me.
First off, why do they refer to Mira as a "he"? I am not transphobic or assume gender or anything, but there is no explanation as to why Mira is referred to as a he by other villagers. Mira is listed as a female, and she is uchi which is a female personality in the game, so it confuses me. Some people explain that since uchi villagers are tomboyish they are referred to as he, which not only would not make sense on the games games part because not only do some tomboys still refer to themselves as she, but also other uchi villagers are referred to as she. Not to mention that Mable is also a known tomboy but is referred to as she. I wish there'd be some clarity on that because I don't like referring to anyone as the wrong pronoun that they don't want to be called.
Speaking of Mira, too many villagers are adopting her outfit and it is starting to irk me. At first I didn't care about their outfits, but now too many villagers are wearing that orange zap suit that it looks like they are all a part of some orange zap suit cult. I believe Mira was voided from someone and wound up in my town because she came in an orange zap suit as opposed to her orginal red. At first, Soleil began to wear the zap suit, and it didn't bother me because honestly it looked better on her than her orginal swell tee, and Soleil has been wearing it for a long time now. Then Sprinkle began to wear it, and I thought it looked bad on her but she moved away anyways not to long after. Then the other day I walk past Mira and Soleil walking away from each other while doing that little happy dance and fun little music that plays when two villagers are happy. I thought that it was no big deal, they were probably just having a nice conversation together that made them happy. Then, I find that Spork and Carrie are also walking away happy, and theh are also now wearing the zap suit! I have no idea how it happened or what the heck those four were doing that made them so happy and change into the same shirt as Soleil and Mira, but I was annoyed because it looked awful on both of them. Then yesterday while working at The Roost Cookie walks in wearing the zap suit too! I love Cookie and she's so cute, but the zap suit did not suit her either. I haven't played yet today but I fear that when I do I will find that everyone in my town is wearing that shirt. I wish you could control what the villagers wear because I am tired of seeing that orange zap suit everywhere.

EDIT: oops its the red zap suit. There is no orange zap suit. Well its still annoying regardless

Last edited:
regarding Mira as a "he":

It's a localization error - programming error they never fixed.

From everything I've read over the years there are a few errors in pronouns for various characters, I think Uchi villagers have the most mistakes. I go villagers also switch pronouns when doing favors for other villagers or talking about your human characters and mayor.

It's a mistake I thought they might clean up with the update but it's seems it is still here.

I used to find it irritating but now I find it ...hmmm.. how do I capture my emotion... I feel at peace with it. :) Somehow I did. :)

regarding Mira as a "he":

It's a localization error - programming error they never fixed.

From everything I've read over the years there are a few errors in pronouns for various characters, I think Uchi villagers have the most mistakes. I go villagers also switch pronouns when doing favors for other villagers or talking about your human characters and mayor.

It's a mistake I thought they might clean up with the update but it's seems it is still here.

I used to find it irritating but now I find it ...hmmm.. how do I capture my emotion... I feel at peace with it. :) Somehow I did. :)

Yeah it makes sense. It just mildly irritated me cause I wasn't sure if there was a reason behind it, it's a minor annoyance that's hard to explain lol. I think though that it can easily be brushed off by some especially those that like to make theories.

Never understood why they have to rip off the observatory. That was like one of my favorite places
back in WW. They could have done so much more with it in NL, but nope, let's replace it with a little
boring shop and 4 rooms I never use. And even if you have to pay an upgrade to get the observatory
(like with the museum shop), it wouldn't bother me that much, I would be ready to pay 1 mio bells just
to get it back.

I also miss the notes in bottles. How funny would it be if they are still in NL and you could write litte
messages which you throw then into the ocean and they appear on someone else town beach. It would
be cool to collect messages from people you either met online or via Streetpass, in different languages,
with gifts or not etc.

New villagers to your town should show up first thing in the morning in your town hall (Isabelle could
tell your character about them when the game boots up), then you and Isabelle take them around town
and show them the available lots where they can place their houses. The process would be similar to
placing a PWP.
This! This is an amazing idea and I wish this option would be in the game!

I'm starting to hate Rover, he only shows me 4 maps every time I reset instead of just letting me see the infinite options.

The fact my villagers decide to put their houses right in front of the town hall/re-tail or the plaza. Because my town has an awkward map and it was the only good one at the time. I can't get to either of the places without being pinged like "Oh I want a perfect cherry!"' Or del being del and saying "hey take this"

I'm starting to hate Rover, he only shows me 4 maps every time I reset instead of just letting me see the infinite options.

Welcome to hours on a train with Rover.
Remember to take breaks, get a snack. It's going to be awhile.

But that moment when you find THAT BEAUTIFUL MAP - and hopefully the hundreds of hours you play in your new town- it's all worth it :)

(Omg I have no idea how many hours have I sat with Rover oh my)

I hate it that villagers announce almost two weeks ahead that they will move out. I have to ignore them because if I do talk to them, 50% of the time they say that they want to stay .. But I want them gone.

Back