• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

ACNL Rant Discussion Thread

This gets me on my nerves, I'm so perfectionist I need everything covered :mad:

View attachment 200789

Also, only being able to have 10 patterns max in each character is ridiculous.

Ikr, I wouldn't even bother with extra characters if I had enough slots on my mayor. AND EVEN AFTER MAKING 3 EXTRAS IT'S STILL TOO LITTLE. Had to give up on a couple ideas I had for my town just because I can't have more than 40 patterns :p

I hate it that villagers announce almost two weeks ahead that they will move out. I have to ignore them because if I do talk to them, 50% of the time they say that they want to stay .. But I want them gone.

Right??? I pretty much resort to time travelling to the day they leave to get rid of them, which I hate because I really don't like time travelling and avoid it otherwise.

I freaking hate the stupid 16 villager cycle. It depends how far you are into your town if you decide to cycle villagers to get your dreamie who moved out back. It happened to me when I had ALL of my dreamies, and my favorite of them all (Beau) moved. There was no villagers of mine to kick out so I could cycle inn new villagers, and I was so - goddamn - upset T_T And not being able to adopt either because of it.. I HATE IT

I wish there were no limits for how many pwps you can have in your town. I have the maximum but me town still looks really bare and empty..

WHY CANT WE PUT TREES AND BUSHES NEXT TO PWPS, CLIFFS, WATER OR HOUSES

I also hate when you lay path designs on the ground, but it makes the same grass sound when you walk on it. I don't know why but it drives me INSANE, especially on rainy days.

I also hate getting the pwps. I always do the diving trick, and sure it works, the villagers ping you, but you have to get like 10 pings with stupid questions for catchphrases (which I dont wanna change!) and questions of whats my favorite flower, untill you finally get a pwp ping - and its usually not the one you want so you end up getting angry, or at least I am xD

The last thing I hate is villagers copying each other. I don't want everyone to have the same shirt or use the same greeting\catchphrase, like no Molly, it sounds stupid when you say wolfie after every sentence when you're my cute little duck. I don't know I hate it! xD It also sucks trying to get the villagers to wear the clothes you want, I usually have to give them the top like 3-5 times before they finally wear it, and then it takes 2 days for them to copy another ugly shirt. ARGHHH

XD that felt so good to get out

Last edited:
Villagers getting upset that I won't get them some ugly bug or fish to junk up their house.

Villagers getting upset that I won't get them some ugly bug or fish to junk up their house.

For real, like to avoid that I just say yes and never get it for them lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh I just thought of another one! I went to Isabelle to check on Citizen Satisfaction, and find that cleanliness is an issue. Like I am redecorating, but since I been busy and not doing the daily routines I know that I have items laying around and flowers and bushes are all over the place, but the complaints were about weeds and trash in the water. I have the beautiful town ordinance, and I even chweeds three times. I have literally no weeds and found no trash in the water.

Diving in this game is really is really irritating, especially when you're trying to catch a fast undersea creature but your character is slow as heck. And the jellyfish coming out of nowhere and stinging you is not making it any better. If it wasn't for the museum, I wouldn't be doing this pointless activity.

Last edited:
Diving in this game is really is really irritating, especially when you're trying to catch a fast undersea creature but your character is slow as heck. And the jellyfish coming out of nowhere and stinging you is not making it any better. If it wasn't for the museum, I wouldn't be doing this pointless activity.

Completely agree.
Also, I hate how villagers just move wherever they like. C'mon, I'm the mayor, I decide where they live! It's my town :(

A lot of the problems other peeps have in this thread aren't really a thing for me ((I just really really like terraforming with the save editor okay)) especially vis a vis villager placement, but I'll list a few things I don't like.

1) Tools take up too much space. Ideally, you should be able to buy a toolbox that takes up 1 space of the main inventory, then when you tap it it brings up a lil pop up inventory with like 8 spaces for tools.

2) I miss notes in bottles so much.

3) I didn't really use the observatory enough to miss it, but I really miss planting and growing red turnips.

4) A sentiment many have echoed in this thread; how hard it is to unlock PWPs. That save editor has an "unlock all PWPs" button that is getting more and more tempting to use by the day, but even with the editor I'm trying to keep as much organic ""challenge"" in the game as I can so it stays fun. I want to at least unlock the topiaries properly on Weeding Day, and the extra town hall/train station designs when I get a perfect town. I'm mostly content to cheat for any other PWPs that I still have to unlock after I get those, especially with how frustrating the diving trick is (not that I can do it yet on this save since the island doesn't open until tomorrow).

5) The fact that different personality types request different PWPs. A lot of my fave villagers are smug or snooty, and I can't have them all yet because in order to get all of the PWPs you need a range of personality types in your town. Grrrrrr-

6) I hate how you have to ask Nook for another expansion once you pay your loan. It means if you pay it off late when Nook's Homes is closed it takes 48hrs to upgrade instead of 24, since you need to wait until the next day to ask Nook for a larger home and it takes him a day to build it. I'd like to keep any TT on this save to a minimum.

Last edited:
i'm mad at this game. It put a house in a spot where I don't want it and refuses to move it no matter how many time i plot reset. I hope that new villager(whose name I didn't even bother to look at) is looking forward to a very chilly and unwelcoming time in Alubarna.

Good thing I haven't started landscaping or I'd be even MORE angry.

ACNL is supposed to be a relaxing game, but I get really paranoid that some unwanted will move in whenever I have 9 villagers or that my dreamie will move out if I don't play for a day. I know that the update has helped, but I can't help but get nervous. :c

I love this game so much. I love the general vibe it gives, the customization, how colourful and cute it is, hunting for bugs and fish is great fun, and my goodness do I ever love my villagers! So why, oh why, does the game let them move in and out at random?? I took a little break and now my beloved Muffy is in boxes! :(

- Tools take up WAY too much space! I wanna have my golden axe, shovel, fishing rod, net, bubble wand, and everything without taking up half of my inventory space! I resorted to placing my fishing rod/net on the ground somewhere cute and then running to pick them up if i find something else. I NEED my shovel and axe because I'm sooo into landscaping.

- Villagers that you're best friends with moving away. WHY would you move out of a nice town and away from your best friend on a whim?! (That's what most villagers do! I.E.: Uchi villagers wanting to move out of town for "turf wars" in another town, lazy villagers moving out of town to "try different foods" and peppy villagers leaving to "spread the sparkle. It's ridiculous! xD)

- The fact that villagers can move ANYWHERE, even on a nicely landscaped place. I can't stress this enough- I actually got so stressed over this happening once that I cried. *Covers my landscaped areas with a million patterns to avoid the area getting destroyed*

The only thing that's bothering me right now is that I'm trying to re-landscape but my villagers keep giving me random presents for no reason.

- Tools take up WAY too much space! I wanna have my golden axe, shovel, fishing rod, net, bubble wand, and everything without taking up half of my inventory space! I resorted to placing my fishing rod/net on the ground somewhere cute and then running to pick them up if i find something else. I NEED my shovel and axe because I'm sooo into landscaping.

- Villagers that you're best friends with moving away. WHY would you move out of a nice town and away from your best friend on a whim?! (That's what most villagers do! I.E.: Uchi villagers wanting to move out of town for "turf wars" in another town, lazy villagers moving out of town to "try different foods" and peppy villagers leaving to "spread the sparkle. It's ridiculous! xD)

- The fact that villagers can move ANYWHERE, even on a nicely landscaped place. I can't stress this enough- I actually got so stressed over this happening once that I cried. *Covers my landscaped areas with a million patterns to avoid the area getting destroyed*

With the first problem, I fix this by having it least 4-5 read letters in my mail thing and then i keep my tools in the letters until i need them, I might keep one or two tools out with me and take out the tools and switch them around, though that gets pretty annoying as well

Ugh, I have two villagers that need to move out of my town and two villagers I need to suggest fairy tale themed PWP. Those villagers ping me a LOT but it's for stupid stuff like asking for catchphrase changes or asking me how dark the room is when I'm sleeping. I'm SLEEPING! How would I know how dark the room is? This game is getting on my nerves.

It's so stressful trying to figure out where to place PWPs! I have a bunch that I've been waiting for but the finality of placement is just so nerve-wracking...what if I want to move it later? Same with PC houses, it takes so much careful planning when I place a house.

They talk forever in this game. It's like they are giving us an encyclopedia set of detailed instructions on everything. They just go on and on and on and on and on. Because just giving a few sentences is not enough. And pressing the B button does not shut them up or make them talk faster.

Back