ACNL Rant Discussion Thread

Yeah that's a big one ;;

It's particularly frustrating at the moment since I have a town with a garden theme and it's coming along nicely except for the fact that no one has suggested ANY kind of nature pwps. All they want are piles of pipes and traffic signs.

why is every cute villager normal personality oh my god can just one cute villager be snooty or uchi, I'd even take peppy. just. pls.

ik this is just a matter of opinion lol but I don't want a town of 100000 normals so I have to keep passing on villagers whose designs I like because they all have the same personality B/

I hate it when I love the look of a villager, like Kyle, yet their house exterior is a crap hole. :(

Lol right?! Some of the best villagers have the ugliest houses, and then it's quite the opposite for villagers I don't like.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would like to add (if someone hasn't already, sorry I didn't read through all of these) how much freaking talking there is in the beginning! I just started up another second town today and have been told about how to use a shovel, and what for, at least 6 times. 1 when buying it, 4 times with Isabelle and another time with a villager. I got through college with less instructions. I'm also getting advice about shirts and fruit. Ugh I hate making new towns lol.

That some villagers will hold onto furniture that is absolutely hideous. One of my villagers has a dinosaur fossil that I gave him when I first started the town and the goofball won't let me buy it, trade for it, or replace the darn thing! It takes up so much room in their house.

Formal request to my own villagers: stop asking me to get you fruits that don't grow in town omgg. no y'all, I do not have time nor do I even want to go trade with someone just to get you one dang pear.

^ This leads to another complaint...Bring back the 'I want work' option. I'm so tired of talking to all my villagers and all they ever do is give me work. No, I am not your slave. I am the mayor. In fact, maybe it's you that should get ME an apple.

I don't mind doing errands for them, but geez it's all the time. I know it's a game, but it feels even more fake in New Leaf with how they never just talk. They took everything good about the villagers in the other games and stripped them down in New Leaf.

^ This leads to another complaint...Bring back the 'I want work' option. I'm so tired of talking to all my villagers and all they ever do is give me work. No, I am not your slave. I am the mayor. In fact, maybe it's you that should get ME an apple.

I don't mind doing errands for them, but geez it's all the time. I know it's a game, but it feels even more fake in New Leaf with how they never just talk. They took everything good about the villagers in the other games and stripped them down in New Leaf.

Haha, YES!
I demand a damn apple!

I really don't like Cranston. Him refusing to move for 4 BLASTED MONTHS and being in the way for 4 BLASTED MONTHS have ruined my enjoyment of playing in my own town. He is OFFICIALLY my most despised villager in this game.

Ugh Lobo moved out two months ago, IVE BEEN FLIPPING CYCLING ALL OF MY AMIIBO OUT, AND JUST WHEN THE LAST AMIIBO CARD MOVE IN MOVED OUT, I GOT HIS CARD FOR CHRISTMAS. Honestly I've wasted this December cycling to get Lobo in :cri:

Also, I really don't want an unsightly streetlight, Ankha. Katt suggest me a geyser pweeeeese. Also, I put a fence in one specific place so when both Merengue and Pietro come outside they would stay in there, BUT NOW THEY NEVER DOOOOO. I was also salty when my bro time traveled to Christmas Day when I had all of the Toy Day hints.

Last edited:
My biggest annoyance with the game is that it punishes you for not playing. For example, you get new leaf, play it addictively for a month, get another game and lose intrest in new leaf for a while. but after some time, you start playing again. But you find the town is overrun with weeds, some villagers will have moved out and the others will be annoyed at you. It can take a while to recover from, in my experience. I just wish this wasn't a thing so I wouldn't feel guilty after not playing for a while.

This is what I worry about when getting back to my game in the new year. Please let them be kind to me and hope no one has gone. I cannot deal with that but I didn't have much choice.

ok it's honestly annoying when cranky villagers ping you to try to sell you a painting because there's just SO MUCH dialogue when they do?! I didn't really mind it back before my museum was finished cuz hey, chance for an authentic painting, but now it's just so pointless ahhhh

WHY does Leif walk so close to me?
It's freaky, and makes me feel uncomfortable.

Seriously gives me the creeps. :-/

Timmy & Tommy are bad enough, but Leif, he's a stalker!

Last edited:
though i love acnl, i will admit that there are some aspects to it that annoy me. i dislike that isabelle is strict about the placement of pwps. also, the fact that you can't place pwps on the beach is kind of absurd since i do see villagers on the beach from time to time (& i assume that pwps are for the villagers since they recommend them to you!). i'd also appreciate to know in advance where a villager is moving (before they put up the sign n stuff) so i could move stuff out of that area or ask isabelle to move them to a different spot because it is in the worst place possible.

Why is there only 1 eu only holiday? It's not fair, it's not even a good event, there's just a cut out board at the plaza and all you get is a stocking. It doesn't even represent a real life holiday.

I wish in the game they had more flower color variations :( For some reason I thought there were pink pansies and took FOREVER trying to breed them until one day someone told me you couldn't breed them xD Pink pansies would be so pretty though :[

I wish there were more tree varieties.
Pine, fruit and Birch are nice, but it's been that way forever in AC.
I'm happy they added bushes in NL though! ^_^

Back