• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

ACNL Rant Discussion Thread

Alolan_Apples

Apple Imperialist
Apple 🍎
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
After all of the people complaining about how some things in-game aren't going well and making multiple topics, I decided to start a thread similar to the famous What's Bothering You thread. You can share what's annoying you in-game at the moment, such as if your data corrupted or if your favorite villager you don't own moved into the wrong place. You can also complain about other AC-related stuff not in the game (like how Nintendo let us down by having no proper AC game on the Wii U).

Rules:

1. Stay on topic. If you want to complain about anything not related to Animal Crossing, use the What's Bothering You thread in the basement.
2. Do not blacklist other users, on-site or off-site, in this thread. If you have a problem with another user, use the Feedback System or go to the Contact the Staff board.
3. Be respectful to others. If you are willing to give helpful advice or help others, you may do so.
4. Do not spam this thread, troll other users, or start an argument. If you see posts like this, please report them.

You may share what's frustrating you in-game.

Why are peeps allowed to put their houses wherever they want??? Do you know how many man hours I have wasted trying to get people in the right spots, only to have them never go in the right place and waste even more time???

In the next AC game they need to allow the MAYOR to choose where THEY want THEIR people to live. That'd be like someone in real life just placing their foundation in the middle of a dirt road. Who does that?

I talk to my dreamies all the time. I listen, do anything they want... I'll catch their butterflies, give them my pieces of beloved furniture... I'll never skip out when they want me to come over... yet.. YET. They STILL want to move away?? Come on!! I do EVERYTHING for you!

I only started playing Animal Crossing October of last year... My biggest annoyance just has to be the grass wear mechanic and the brown spots that never grow grass. There are so many nice landscaping possibilities to do with grass, and it feels so fun to walk around on it... But instead, we have to make paths to walk on and put greenery on it to prevent deterioration. It's no fun to walk on it nor landscape with it because of the measures to protect the grass against wear.

I really hope they fix or remove this dumb idea in their next game. -_-

Pretty sure I mentioned this idea in the What's Bothering You Thread...oh well I guess you beat me to it.

My villagers always say the same stuff it's annoying

I'd just like to say it's nice this has become a thread since Brooke mentioned it earlier :3

Also, a dreamie of mine Francine moved awhile back and I'm so sad about it still, can't quite get over her not being in my game. I want an amiibo card of her though so I can get her to move beside Chrissy.

Last edited:
If there's anything bothering me right now, it would have to be how hard it is to unlock PWP suggestions from villagers. You can't do this by voluntarily talking to villagers, so the only way to do it is by having them grab for your attention, which is virtually impossible if you're trying to get them to grabbing your attention (unless if you use the diving trick). Even when I try it, the first things that come to mind are nicknames, greetings, catchphrases, or worse, useless questions. And when I get a PWP suggestion, usually the wrong villager suggests something or I get the wrong suggestion.

Oh, and this is my 14,000th post on site.

Last edited:
We need more dialogue.

Isabelle needs to go.

The Marquee needs to come back.

The auction house needs to come back.

The city needs to come back.

So many things I could rant about.

Last edited:
If there's anything bothering me right now, it would have to be how hard it is to unlock PWP suggestions from villagers. You can't do this by voluntarily talking to villagers, so the only way to do it is by having them grab for your attention, which is virtually impossible if you're trying to get them to grabbing your attention (unless if you use the diving trick). Even when I try it, the first things that come to mind are nicknames, greetings, catchphrases, or worse, useless questions. And when I get a PWP suggestion, usually the wrong villager suggests something or I get the wrong suggestion.

Oh, and this is my 14,000th post on site.

I agree with the pwp requests. Theyre annoying, still waiting for fairy tale bench and the like.

Oh, and this is my 1,812th post on this site.

Last edited:
Also agreeing with how hard it is to get PWP requests. And I'm tired of plot resetting to get an amiibo to plot somewhere else.. they're super stubborn about plotting on the previous villager's home.

I was counting my turnips, and there's a LOT, and Eunice barges in!
I lost count, as I was frozen during the home invasion. :-/

I can't even escape to the solitude, of my own house! O_O

WHY isn't there a lock, or a DND thingo you can put on the door?

Last edited:
I'm so disappointed they didn't add centering objects to the update. I loved how you could have furniture in HHD, so when I heard they were adding touch screen customization to New Leaf as well, I really thought they would add centering too. It's hard for me to decorate how I like when I can only place objects a certain way.

Perfect towns should get perfect grass, with no wear.

New villagers to your town should show up first thing in the morning in your town hall (Isabelle could tell your character about them when the game boots up), then you and Isabelle take them around town and show them the available lots where they can place their houses. The process would be similar to placing a PWP.

Ordering blueprints for PWPs. you should be able to buy plans from Tom Nook for PWPs. This feature could be unlocked as an upgrade to Nooks Real Estate. They would be expensive, and change periodically. Similar to how your characters order home exteriors right now. Once you own the plans, you can build the PWPs whenever you want to.

I really wish that they allow you to choose whether or not you want certain villagers to move into town. I don't really like snooty villagers. Soleil is the exceptions because to me she has some likeable traits and I have had her for so long. I held onto my originals for too long and now I am trying to move out all except Soleil, Butch and Mira. I made the decision to get rid of Mac so I can start seeking my dreamies. Then Diva gets moved in, and so now I have a full village until Mac moves out and even then, I will have only one slot because I missed my chances to move out certain villagers and getting them to ping me to leave is going to take forever. I don't like Diva, and now I am stuck with her for a while. I wanted to keep houses open to get villagers I want.
Oh and to add insult to injury, Diva's house was made on part of the garden I been making for two months >_>

This is my own fault, but I bought Gonzo from here and he was set to move in the next day. So I woke up and plot reset as usual until I noticed that on the title screen, the plot was where I wanted it. So I figured I'd load up my mayor since it showed on the title screen he went into the right spot. It turns out that he was still in the wrong spot and him being in the right spot of the title screen was just a coincidence. :( but at least I know for next time!

Last edited:
I want to keep my villagers as authentic as possible, so it really bothers me that they exchange clothes. To get them in there original clothes again is a pain and will certainly ruin their interior.

I swear whenever I find the PERFECT clothing QR it either doesn't work or leads to a dead link. The teasing is cruel. XD

I'm so disappointed they didn't add centering objects to the update. I loved how you could have furniture in HHD, so when I heard they were adding touch screen customization to New Leaf as well, I really thought they would add centering too. It's hard for me to decorate how I like when I can only place objects a certain way.
I agree, and I hate how some pieces stick out over the edge of the tables. It looks bad, and makes me feel like it's gonna fall off.

I really hate how often the villagers ask for bugs and fish and then display them in their home. I want to help with their requests but I hate visiting them when their house is 90% bugs and fish. I wish they would request bugs and fish but not put them in their home.

I really hate how often the villagers ask for bugs and fish and then display them in their home. I want to help with their requests but I hate visiting them when their house is 90% bugs and fish. I wish they would request bugs and fish but not put them in their home.

And the stuff you want them to keep always ends up back in your hands. 'Do you want to buy my old computer?' Um that was a gift from me just a few days ago Filbert; at least try and be discrete about it.
-_-

Reminds me how much I hate that you can't pick animals' interior floors or walls like you could in World World (and possibly others but I never played them). Feels so much more restrictive now. You could give an animal a tonne of nice furniture, but their walls would never match. :/

Some of the decisions made by Nintendo just boggle the mind.

Last edited:
Back