• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

ACNL Rant Discussion Thread

Besides getting the game for Christmas four years ago, play it for a month, completely forget about it for the next 3 years, then get back into the game, nothing has changed in my town besides a **** LOAD OF WEEDS! I got my weeding badge this way, and trust me, it's super bloody hard to get a perfect town... Placing down flowers, trees, PULLING WEEDS, DOING PWP THAT COSTS OVER 99K... Yep, that's how acnl is... HARD. plus, it gets boring after a while... Checking on your villagers, trying to do a certain goal... But once you finish that goal, what do you do next? That's why time traveling is here for! Time traveling helps so much! Sure, you may lose marshal in the process, but it sure beats being bored looking at the same thing for an hour! Also, having an orange as my native fruit, it sure looks ugly being perfect! (What a pun!) But I seem to have gotten used to the design for the past 3 months... I would prefer perfect apples though, definitely. I also wish there was more villager dialogue, and even unique dialogue. I have over 4 Cranky villagers, and 4 Smug villagers (Yep, it sucks sometimes) I get along well with cranky villagers, they're never mean to me. Smug villagers are the best! They don't boast, and they actually care about their friends! And sun tanning? No problem, as long as you time travel! (Or it's probably because I wear aviator shades and a blue plaid fedora every time) To be fairly honest, I still get different dialogue every time. The only pings I get is either a random question (thankfully not the same) a pwp, or moving out. I seem to be one of those lucky ones who NEVER get bored of acnl, half the reason why I joined the forums (I don't regret it a single bit!) I feel like I'm just plain blabbering now, so I will just stop typing :3

I spent like 2 hours yesterday walking around town, looking for a tarantula or a scorpion (haven't got either yet!!!). After that, I give up, save and quit. And then in the title screen, I see Chow in front of his house... and what passes right in front of his feet?
A SCORPION!! I didn't even know they could appear in the title screen!! When I loaded the game again and went there, it was nowhere to be seen, of course. :~)

honestly, it's the fact that the game never gives you the hybrids you actually want. I don't time travel so it's a pain to find that you loaded up your game to find crap tons of every color but PINK. I don't have the Beautiful ordinance on (don't nearly need it that much since I have next to no flowers) so I HAVE to water all the flowers in my town. The RNG in this game is sometimes unforgiving.

I'm really sick of Wisp harassing my side characters to pick up his stupid lamp. They don't need one, it's so silly.

Since I just reset my town now I have to get a 100% approval rating, which since I time travel usually takes me less than a day but it takes hours and it takes time travelling 10 days sometimes.

Last edited:
Yeah, it really doesn't make sense! It took me so long to realise as well, and I literally had to replant over 50% of my bushes (and I had a LOT) to get them the way I wanted. There are so many silly things in the game like this, but at least it makes you feel proud when your town is finally the way you want it haha.

I'm trying to plant a tree in a spot with 1 buffer space around all sides and it's still dying! I may have reached the limit for trees in that area though

Last edited:
I really wish flowers didn't breed from villagers watering them. It's already slow enough trying to breed hybrids without having to worry about random ones popping up.

1-Customizable map. (You can move and place your villagers / town hall / Plaza etc) anywhere you want. Just like
Mario maker.

2-Hot air balloons. It would be EPIC if we could fly in hot air balloons in the sky.

3-Removing Rocks. Seriously. This is a MUST have.

4-MORE mini games. I am tired from the desert Island escape and the other ones. Eff

5-Customizable faces. Like HHD

IMG_0228.JPG

lAxuGK6.png

I really like this squirrel and wanna switch out Poppy for it but I just. Hate its name so much. like I can't get past its name even though the villager is so cute.
Poppy: good wholesome name. I would name my son poppy.
Sylvana: literally one letter away from being the brand-name of my crappy dvd player
noah fence to anyone w/ this name

I'm seriously about to stop playing this game all together. I have a very low tolerance level and NO patience in real life and this game has pushed me WAY beyond my limits. I'm been searching ALL morning of that Coalath or whatever it's called. Unlike most days, I have things to do today I don't have time to be on this game all day. And of course, the one day I don't have time for this game, it's raining. No game is worth this irritation. I'm seriously, I"m about to be completely done. This is getting ridiculous. And on top of it, villagers who are in the way won't move the HECK out of my town and no one suggests any PwPs that I actually want.

lAxuGK6.png

I really like this squirrel and wanna switch out Poppy for it but I just. Hate its name so much. like I can't get past its name even though the villager is so cute.
Poppy: good wholesome name. I would name my son poppy.
Sylvana: literally one letter away from being the brand-name of my crappy dvd player
noah fence to anyone w/ this name

I know this doesn't change the sound of the name, but her name comes from the Latin word for forest (so very fitting for a squirrel!)
Might help you think less of electronics, hopefully

Patterns on the ground should not count as something being on the ground.

I have lost SO MANY BALLOON PRESENTS. So many fruit and money and furniture from trees.

I understand not letting flowers and patterns being on the same tile but why can't I put other items down on them?? Why can't I have patterns in front of doors?

Patterns on the ground should not count as something being on the ground.

I have lost SO MANY BALLOON PRESENTS. So many fruit and money and furniture from trees.

I understand not letting flowers and patterns being on the same tile but why can't I put other items down on them?? Why can't I have patterns in front of doors?

Yeah that is annoying. I have to strategically plan where I'm going to shoot balloons lol

I know this doesn't change the sound of the name, but her name comes from the Latin word for forest (so very fitting for a squirrel!)
Might help you think less of electronics, hopefully

Ahahaha that does actually help, thanks for the info ! :lemon: now I can try to think of trees instead of a dvd player lool

Villagers changing their minds about moving and villagers telling you 2 weeks in advance when they are planning to move. Therefore you have to ignore them for the entire two weeks at the risk of them changing their minds.

Redd. I've been waiting and waiting for him to show up, which he finally did today.

I still need several items for my museum, but I'm also looking for a few to finish decorating my house. I went in and immediately saw the gallant statue (aka Michaelangelo's David), which I really want for my house. Fake.

Okay, moving on, the wistful painting (aka Vermeer's Girl With a Pearl Earring). Not my favorite, but it would work in the house. Fake.

Ancient statue, which the museum has and that's plenty, was also a fake.

The real one? The amazing painting (aka Rembrandt's Night Watch). Meh.

Guess I saved myself 4,000 bells.

I'm seriously about to stop playing this game all together. I have a very low tolerance level and NO patience in real life and this game has pushed me WAY beyond my limits. I'm been searching ALL morning of that Coalath or whatever it's called. Unlike most days, I have things to do today I don't have time to be on this game all day. And of course, the one day I don't have time for this game, it's raining. No game is worth this irritation. I'm seriously, I"m about to be completely done. This is getting ridiculous. And on top of it, villagers who are in the way won't move the HECK out of my town and no one suggests any PwPs that I actually want.

The coelacanth can only be fished in rainy or snowy days in the sea. The best way to catch one is, scare all the other fish with small to medium shadows. Go top to bottom on your beach, and fish the large shadow. The coelacanth shadow is similar to the bass and blue marlin, except its thinner. If you haven't caught it when you went top to bottom, then do a save and continue to reset the fish. And repeat process. Sometimes it can take 15-20 minutes, but I catch one every time I actually hunt for one.
Also, for pwp. Empty out all your pockets, including all your bells, and put on the wetsuit. Swim out to a far corner of the map. Let your villager sit there for 10 minutes or so. This triggers a response when you go back into town, where your villagers will "forget" about you, and they are tons more likely to "ping" you. Because you removed all items and bells, they wont ask to buy things from you, sell you things, or even ask you for favors. They will ask about catchphrases or greetings, opinions, and suggestions about pwp. You might have to repeat this process a couple of times, but it heightens your chances of getting one at least once a day. It's still slow, but you won't have to go months and months without a single suggestion.
Hope this helps.

One question. Why are the furniture chores always forced? I mean:

- They ask for you to return something: You can say yes or no
- They ask for a fish or insect: You can say yes or no
- They ask for petitions: You can say yes or no
- They ask to bury time capsules: You can say yes or no
- They ask for fruit: You can say yes or no
- They ask for you to visit their house or ask to visit your house: you can say yes or no

But when they ask for furniture, you can't say yes or no. It's always confirmed a yes. What bothers me about it though is that if you agreed to do a job, but then not do it, their friendship value goes down. That means if you don't get them the furniture they wanted after they asked for furniture, their friendship value goes down. You can't agree or disagree to the deal.

One question. Why are the furniture chores always forced? I mean:

- They ask for you to return something: You can say yes or no
- They ask for a fish or insect: You can say yes or no
- They ask for petitions: You can say yes or no
- They ask to bury time capsules: You can say yes or no
- They ask for fruit: You can say yes or no
- They ask for you to visit their house or ask to visit your house: you can say yes or no

But when they ask for furniture, you can't say yes or no. It's always confirmed a yes. What bothers me about it though is that if you agreed to do a job, but then not do it, their friendship value goes down. That means if you don't get them the furniture they wanted after they asked for furniture, their friendship value goes down. You can't agree or disagree to the deal.

When they ask for furniture I just say screw it and forget about it. You can easily get their friendship meter back up if you want. I personally like to keep it low so that they don't change their bouse, clothes, or catchphrase.

Back