• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

ACNL Rant Discussion Thread

Raining in my game but no snail shows up. And of course it's raining BEFORE 4 like it always does preventing me from catching a coelacanth. Sometimes I wonder why do I even bother continuing to play this game. Seriously, I'm seriously not having much fun with this game anymore. It's feels more like a chore than anything because it also feels like the game goes out of it's way to make sure you can't accomplish anything.

I'm getting closer and closer to quitting this game every day.
Why does it even bother raining. It's not like it's benefiting me any. Not giving me the stuff that only shows up when it's raining, so why bother having it rain?

Last edited:
Without amiibo cards, it's so hard to get unwanted villagers out of your town. Once, when I had only that stupid Curly left to force out, I had to tt for 4 hours when he finally told me he wanted to move. I hate that sometimes no one even wants to move, and when they do, it's always the dreamies.
Like I can shower my dreamies with love, and help them out every time they want something, and still they want to move out.
We could be best friends, it doesn't even matter.

I don't understand that. It should be a lower chance of them wanting to move, the better friends you've became with them. That's just logical.

I hate it when an awesome villager is in my campsite and I have a full village like okay bye everyone just popping out to find the nearest cliff to jump off bye. That actually made me quit ACNL for a long time lol

Maybe just stop hunting for bugs.

Uh, I would but in order to complete my museum, I have to hunt for bugs. Can't change that.

I'm never going to catch the coelacanth because it only rains in the morning and afternnon in my game, never after 4pm

Uh, I would but in order to complete my museum, I have to hunt for bugs. Can't change that.

I'm never going to catch the coelacanth because it only rains in the morning and afternnon in my game, never after 4pm

Worst case scenario would be to tt to 10th December as it snows all day and you would have a good chance of catching one then.

I know you only want to do stuff yourself, but would traveling to other town and catching the coelacanth there break this rule?
Because if you believe it wouldn't, you could ask if someone's town has a thunderstorm after 4 pm and go there and fish. I had thunderstorms all week on Hangzhou, so there's this option. :)

Worst case scenario would be to tt to 10th December as it snows all day and you would have a good chance of catching one then.

I don't time travel. I'm not really in a hurry since it's year round fish but I just find it bizarre that it's raining a lot in my game lately but after 4 it stops.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know you only want to do stuff yourself, but would traveling to other town and catching the coelacanth there break this rule?
Because if you believe it wouldn't, you could ask if someone's town has a thunderstorm after 4 pm and go there and fish. I had thunderstorms all week on Hangzhou, so there's this option. :)

It's not breaking my vow because no one would be me the fish, I'm just borrowing someone's town to catch the fish myself. I'll give it a few more days, then I'll cave. Like I told the other person, I'm not really in a rush to catch this fish since it's a year round fish, I just find it bizarre and a bit annoying that it keeps raining but it stops before 4pm.

I hate it when an awesome villager is in my campsite and I have a full village like okay bye everyone just popping out to find the nearest cliff to jump off bye. That actually made me quit ACNL for a long time lol

It would have been nice if they'd changed that with the update: just like when having 10 villagers and scanning in an amiibo card, you could choose a villager to move out in place of the campsite visitor.

Honestly,
Since towns are usually at full capacity, the campsite really uses one of its key benefits (getting a choice of new villagers) very easily

I've been waiting for 2 weeks for it to rain after 4pm so I can catch a Coelacanth and now that it is raining after 4pm the coelacanth just refuses to show up. All the shadow that show up in my ocean are either small or medium never the large shadows. I honestly don't know how much more this game's crap I can take.

One God damn week of map resetting and still no map! Why the hell did they implement such a horrible rng system? As if some of the games mechanics weren't already hard to word with. I just don't understand why it has to be so hard to get the map you want. They really didn't think it through when they don't allowed four maps at a time. Starting to lose some interest in getting back into the game. And I haven't even gotten past maps! Ugh

I hate how the Town Hall closes on certain events. Everytime I unlock a PWP that I really want to get finished and able to pay off in a day, I can't because I "need to take a refreshing break"!!!! Blathers finally told me about the museum renovation, and I couldn't even start it because of the Bug Off. And even when it was over, Isabelle still told me that I needed to take a break. Which means I'll be getting the second floor on Monday, when I have school, when I could have gotten it tomorrow because I WOULD HAVE PAID IT OFF ALREADY!!!!!!

No more Tom's and Wart Jr's... I just need one Kabuki or Chief in a spot I like > <

I hate how the Town Hall closes on certain events. Everytime I unlock a PWP that I really want to get finished and able to pay off in a day, I can't because I "need to take a refreshing break"!!!! Blathers finally told me about the museum renovation, and I couldn't even start it because of the Bug Off. And even when it was over, Isabelle still told me that I needed to take a break. Which means I'll be getting the second floor on Monday, when I have school, when I could have gotten it tomorrow because I WOULD HAVE PAID IT OFF ALREADY!!!!!!
Um. You can just time travel? I Guess. This is why its implanted in the game.
Nintendo has created the solution for your problem. If you are against TTing then be patient. :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

Heres my rant .
Why the heck my villagers aren't requesting pwps.
What in the World is going on? When I ask Isabelle about my citizen satisfaction she says that the villagers want more pwps. OK I understand But like the waat? villagers aren't requesting!!!!!!!!!! Iam so angry lol.

I can respect your opinions or whatever, but why are the Sanrio items so popular? What makes them so popular among this communtiy. In my opinion, they look too tacky compared to the other items. Even the Lovely Series is better than that. And don't get me started on the overrated Kiki and Lala dress that is popular among other members.

time travel exists y'know

Inadvertent fruit shaking. Most of the time, I like the ability to shake a tree with something in one hand; it's definitely cut down on bee stings. But when I'm obviously trying to water flowers, please stop making me shake my fruit. I've got plenty already stored for emergency replants or villager requests. It just ruins the scenery to have one tree in my orchard bare. Or worse, a baby that had to be replanted.

henry won't move at all. I already moved in a 10th villager (Butch) but he won't ping at all. I make sure he is in talking terms with me but nothing.

henry won't move at all. I already moved in a 10th villager (Butch) but he won't ping at all. I make sure he is in talking terms with me but nothing.

I don't think talking terms is a thing with villagers. My brother would net Francine left and right
and get her mad all day e'er day and then one day she pinged him for a project he was waiting for.

Back