• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

ACNL Rant Discussion Thread

Wolfgang has started a daily barge-in!

He was my favorite, and now I can't stand him.

I gave him a gorgeous sofa, $120,000!!
He said "Wow, a gorgeous sofa! Let me give you something to show you how thankful I am".

He gave me a garbage bin. O_O

That is what he thinks of me?

[Insert a looooong line of expletives]

Ugh stupid game! I can already tell this is going to be what I can't stand about landscaping. Don't plant the bush in the hole I just dug and am currently facing, that would be ridiculous. Clearly where I meant to plant it was the tile behind me, which I was facing away from, and which is a space where a bush will die. Yes that makes so much more sense. I wanted to waste the only sweet olive start I could buy today (and Leif only offers two random bushes per day so I might not even get another one tomorrow).

Be careful tempting the Snowball Gods. I found the first, rolled it into position, and went looking for the second. Found it along a cliff and gently rolled it around the shrub hedge and onto the path.

At this point, I'm thinking to myself that I'm getting pretty good at maneuvering snowballs.

Right after that, I pushed it up against my door, between the fence and my mailbox, so I had to smash it and start over.

Tortimer, if I'm on the Tuna Kahuna tour and you literally say, "all tuna, all the time", then why do I keep fishing up things that are obviously not tuna? C'mon man, I took you at your word and you let me down...

This would have been a rant, but an Amiibo Villager, Poncho, (7 Amiibo) just pinged to move out. *confetti* I'll take any move-out, even if it means rescanning. ;v;

Only being able to stack fruit. I'll admit it's a WONDERFUL thing but we should be able to do it with any multiples. Flowers, unidentified fossils, shells. Etc.

It's Chelsea's birthday, and I gave her a cupcake.
According to a guide, it's a present that she's meant to like.

She barely said thanks! :-/

These animals suck.
Nintendo sucks for making them materialistic, demanding sloths.

Everything is about 'What *I* can do for THEM'.

How about you 'head on out' get me a D**M APPLE, Wolfgang!

Ungrateful sacks of waste. :-/

I rarely post here but this morning I was thinking of the most wonderful rant. I had the whole thing going in my head...it was even funny, imo. THE GAME MADE ME FORGET!! STUPID GAME!!

Miserabelle said to build the zen streetlight, I need a blank space, one left and right, and two back.

I have a clear space with about 10 steps in all directions! O_O

She's horrid.
Utterly horrid.

Off to the pound with you.

scrub diving from all future AC games pls. Swimming can stay but diving can stay 1000000 ft away from me

Oh, good grief! I chose today to scan in an amiibo villager because I will have the time to plot reset tomorrow, but NOOO, says Isabelle, the mean pupper, because there is a major event scheduled. A fishing tourney...BIG DEAL! They happen every month, it seems like, and I don't even pay attention to them anymore except to see which of my villagers won the trophies and clap for them. GRRRR! My "event" is far more important!!!

EDIT: Oh, dear, poor Isabelle! I blamed it on her and it was WISP all along! Sorry, Isabelle, you're not my favorite, but you're not responsible for everything that doesn't go our way. :(

Last edited:
Not so much a rant, but a laugh. Marshal is everything.

'Dear Dee,

Thanks for coming over the
other day. Here's a present
I couldn't give you then.
Next time I won't be so
forgiving when you say my
room just looks OK!

With Love, Marshal'

Next time I won't be so forgiving.

He sends me an Ogre Mask.

I'm 1000% done with this savage.

Last edited:
I know this thread is old, but I have some stuff to stay. -.-

I HATE it when I am about to go into main street, and a friggin train has to come. It feels like it takes forever for the gates to open back up. I feel like I am the only one who hates this, which makes it even worse. Why does this gotta happen?!

I HATE when I am running around town and I keep tripping. This "luck" mechanic is just a nuisance above anything else. You didn't visit Katrina the day before? You're screwed. You can't obtiain the item that she says you need? Welp. You're still screwed!

I HATE when a non-dreamie pings you to move, you support their decision, but they still change their mind. IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!!

We should also have the ability to get our dream villagers to live in our town permanently once we have a high enough frienship with them. It makes me nervous when one of my favorite villagers/a dream villager pings me to move, and I always worry if they will even agree to stay or not.

I HATE it when there is some event where Isabelle isn't even out of the town hall, like the fishing tourney or bug off, and she will not let us do mayoral duties. Well, what if I want to do said duties? There are NINE HOURS to catch fish or catch bugs. I am pretty sure taking TWO MINUTES to place a PWP will not make me miss much! May I remind you, Isabelle -- that as mayor, I am your superior! YOU ANSWER TO ME, LITTLE LADY!!!

. . .

This is NOT a bad game, by any means. The Animal Crossing franchise has had a wonderful impact on my life, but it is not without its flaws.

. . .

This thread shoud get pinned!

Why, oh why, don't Amiibo villagers won't move out like regular villagers? Why can't there be an option to manually kick them out?

I know I can swap them for another Amiibo, but still. It's rather irritating. At least the pros outweigh the fact of the matter.

You know what’s frustrating? When you look every-freaking-where for a villager, in or out of buildings, and you cannot find him/her! I mean, it’s cute that villagers can do more in this game and all, but it just makes finding them frustrating sometimes. Especially if they are in the museum, and when you start unlocking more buildings.

It would be nice if there was a built-in mechanic that let you track down villagers and tell you were they are (outside, their house, someone else’s house, caf?, a specific place in the museum, etc.). I am hoping new horizons does something like this if the villagers continue to mingle like they do in this game. If you guys played Harvest Moon: Animal Parade, or Harvest Moon: Tree Of Tranquility, you would know what I mean by “tracking”.

Last edited:
You know what’s frustrating? When you look every-freaking-where for a villager, in or out of buildings, and you cannot find him/her! I mean, it’s cute that villagers can do more in this game and all, but it just makes finding them frustrating sometimes. Especially if they are in the museum, and when you start unlocking more buildings.

It would be nice if there was a built-in mechanic that let you track down villagers and tell you were they are (outside, their house, someone else’s house, caf?, a specific place in the museum, etc.). I am hoping new horizons does something like this if the villagers continue to mingle like they do in this game. If you guys played Harvest Moon: Animal Parade, or Harvest Moon: Tree Of Tranquility, you would know what I mean by “tracking”.

I got stressed and angry just reading this, argh!!! I remember having to track down Paula once and she was in the gallery. I had no idea they could be there. I was looking EVERYWHERE for her and I was like.. surely...she cant be?? Oh yeah she was... in the gallery. ARGH.

Today I was looking for Ava to bring her a toy for toy day. I kid you not, I spent over 40 minutes wandering around. She wasn't at home and I knew she'd be outside for toy day (not at the market place etc) and I saw everyone else but her. I looked at the beach too, behind all houses.. I wandered around like a moron for over 40 minutes, I was about to snap.

I go back to the beach. Yeah, she was all crammed into the further corner of the end of the beach, as far as her little feet could get without being into the water. I was FUMING.

I wish you could like "shout" for them and they'd either come to you or ping you like "i'm in the gallery" or "i'm next to X building"

Scuba diving is also brutal. It's quite cute but some of those you dive after.. yeah.. no.

Also, the non stop nagging about moving out. I get so tired of it. So ... so tired. It's a broken record. Having to sit through a monologue of "Im thinking of moving blah blah blah" and it feels like it's every other day. It probably isn't but it's so often and it's so annoying I just try to escape into daydreaming as soon as they go on.

I just spent the last few days just trying my damnest to catch a pike when I just now looked on the Wiki and found out that they go away after December. o_O
I thought they didn't go away unti after January or February.

I had already caught one, but I haven't donated one to the museum, so that is why I was trying to catch another one. IIRC, I think I sold the one(s) that I caught back in December, because I was just starting out on this town and needed the bells to get my two house upgrades to unlock the island.

. . .

Another thing I wanna mention is that I am not a fan of how Gulliver is handled in this game. Mostly because I am not a geography whiz, and don't know much about other countries. .-.

Last edited:
So, I just now found out a couple of days ago that the WA update got rid of villagers being sick.

Honestly, I think it is a bummer. No, I am not saying I want my villagers to be sick, but it was a great way to build friendships, interact with villagers, and it was just so sweet and heartwarming the way they showed their appreciation. Not to mention, the concern from the other villagers was just too sweet. :,)

I hope NH brings this back.

Last edited:
1. Saharah can only do your main room

2. There is no "undo" for designing

- - - Post Merge - - -

1. Saharah can only do your main room

2. There is no "undo" for designing

Back