• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

About Landscaping...

tinycomet

^ u ^
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
White Rose
Blue Hybrid Rose
Purple Violet
White Violet
Leif
So I've decided to dedicate large amounts of my time to landscaping and I would like to ask for advice on a few things. I'm debating on having an all tulip town or a tulip, rose, pansy, and possibly violet town. If I go with the multi-flower town, I'm wondering what are your favourite same-flower combinations and mixed flower combinations? I'm als wondering which bush looks best, in your opinion, as far as flowers go, and bush (leaf) colour.

NOt sure if any of this matters :3 (The town doesn't have a theme atm)

If you think that your town would look good with all tulips then go for it. If you would go for a kixed flowerd town, then I would recommend the blue pansies, red/black roses, pink tulips, and blue/red roses. As for bush leaf color, then I would pink the one's with the blue leaves. I don't know the names of the bushes, so I just refer to them by the color on the top.

My personal favorites are the Tulips. I have a love for the orange and yellow ones! x.x

I really like the Red/Yellow Hibiscus bushes from the island. A bit of a pain to get sometimes! But if thats something you might be interested in... We can totally play the mini games together to get the medals! :D

I've gone for mixed flowers -

Pansies, violets and tulips in cool colours in the north, then roses, cosmos, lilies and tulips in warm colours in the south. Each area has its own species growing.

My azaleas, hollies and hydrangeas are in the north, the hibiscus and olives in the south.

I like to see different plant themes as I walk through​ the town as I feel it makes it look bigger and can help with a theme. The north area is woodland/forest, the south is residential/Mediterranean.

I went to a tulip festival last month. I think it would make for a pretty town! Plus, it's rather rare seeing towns with only 1 kind of flower. Hydrangeas are my favorite bush and I like the flowers but I don't know how well they would compliment tulips. As for combinations, I like tulips x pansies, lilies x violets, and roses x carnations.

I use all the different kinds of flowers, and I group them around locations that suit them nicely. For instance, I line Fang's house with purple and white roses, and Tutu's house with Pink and White Cosmos. I also have purple/red/white pansies around Wisteria Trellises, and Blue/White Pansies around water-based works projects.

I quite like these aesthetic choices, but everyone's preferences are different. I recommend just choosing your favorite flowers to start out, and start decorating the town the way you want. I would have done that myself - but blue roses are tough to get. :/

If you think that your town would look good with all tulips then go for it. If you would go for a kixed flowerd town, then I would recommend the blue pansies, red/black roses, pink tulips, and blue/red roses. As for bush leaf color, then I would pink the one's with the blue leaves. I don't know the names of the bushes, so I just refer to them by the color on the top.

Thanks so much!^-^ I love the idea of blue/red roses :3

- - - Post Merge - - -

My personal favorites are the Tulips. I have a love for the orange and yellow ones! x.x

I really like the Red/Yellow Hibiscus bushes from the island. A bit of a pain to get sometimes! But if thats something you might be interested in... We can totally play the mini games together to get the medals! :D

Tulips look beautiful (imo) and awe tysm! :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've gone for mixed flowers -

Pansies, violets and tulips in cool colours in the north, then roses, cosmos, lilies and tulips in warm colours in the south. Each area has its own species growing.

My azaleas, hollies and hydrangeas are in the north, the hibiscus and olives in the south.

I like to see different plant themes as I walk through​ the town as I feel it makes it look bigger and can help with a theme. The north area is woodland/forest, the south is residential/Mediterranean.

That sounds so cool! I may visit your DA just to see it in 'person', i you don't mind :3 Thank you so much for this (very helpful)

- - - Post Merge - - -

All tulip. Rows of tulips. So many tulips. Tulip field. Windmill pwp. Tulips look amazing.

Tulip Fields ;u;

- - - Post Merge - - -

I went to a tulip festival last month. I think it would make for a pretty town! Plus, it's rather rare seeing towns with only 1 kind of flower. Hydrangeas are my favorite bush and I like the flowers but I don't know how well they would compliment tulips. As for combinations, I like tulips x pansies, lilies x violets, and roses x carnations.

Ooo and one-flower towns are probably rare because they don't have all colours, aside from roses^^ Thanks for the combination ideas as well (as I've no idea as to what mixed flower combinations look best :3)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I use all the different kinds of flowers, and I group them around locations that suit them nicely. For instance, I line Fang's house with purple and white roses, and Tutu's house with Pink and White Cosmos. I also have purple/red/white pansies around Wisteria Trellises, and Blue/White Pansies around water-based works projects.

I quite like these aesthetic choices, but everyone's preferences are different. I recommend just choosing your favorite flowers to start out, and start decorating the town the way you want. I would have done that myself - but blue roses are tough to get. :/

^^ I did that at first, and I really love the idea but for some reason I've always struggled -u- And if you're in need of blue roses, I could give you some, as I've accidentally bred a TON of them :3

I like having a mixture of flowers in my town, but I've decided to stick to a color theme still (green, black and white). I have black roses, black cosmos, black tulips, black lilies, white carnations and jacob's ladders along with holly starts (I like that they're dark green), cedar trees (dark green as well), tons of clovers, bamboo chopped down after the first day to make a nice looking fence and a sandy looking brick path.

I found this is a town once and it looked very pretty so I thought I might suggest it to you: Windmill pwp surrounded by dandelions! :D

I like having a mixture of flowers in my town, but I've decided to stick to a color theme still (green, black and white). I have black roses, black cosmos, black tulips, black lilies, white carnations and jacob's ladders along with holly starts (I like that they're dark green), cedar trees (dark green as well), tons of clovers, bamboo chopped down after the first day to make a nice looking fence and a sandy looking brick path.

Ooo ^u^ I think that's a great idea tbh :3 And if/when you update your DA, I'd love to visit! :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

I found this is a town once and it looked very pretty so I thought I might suggest it to you: Windmill pwp surrounded by dandelions! :D

Thanks so much! Sounds cute :D

Back