• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 discussion

King Dorado

you can do anything
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Rebel Gnome
Fossil Easter Egg
Ladybug Easter Egg
Paradise Planning Easter Egg
Splat Easter Egg
Fossil Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
I saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2: Celestial Boogaloo over the weekend, and I really enjoyed it-- the movie exceeded my expectations.

my only gripe hasnt anything to do with the actual film-- but the small theatre we saw it in had some sort of audio issue during some of the major "soundtrack" scenes, resulting in the movie playing in near silence while the soundtrack song was softly playing from speakers on the side of the theatre, so we didnt get the full impact of the songs used in the film. (may see it again elsewhere just to enjoy that component of the movie)

but have you seen it yet? are you going to see it? what did you think?

please use spoilers where appropriate as the movie is sitll pretty new.

one of my favorite scenes / lines was when Yandu thinks being called Mary Poppins is a compliment. "Look at me y'all, I'm Mary Poppins!"

(didnt see this thread topic anywhere else but please merge if it already exists)

Mantis is such a sweetheart, I love all of the scenes that she's in!!!

Last edited:
I saw it and thought it was okay. While it made me laugh, to me it just felt like a montage of funny moments, so I basically thought the storyline was weak. Didn't really enjoy the emotional scenes either. But there were definitely a lot of parts where I had a good laugh! And baby Groot is sooooooooooooooooooo cute :blush: :blush: :blush:

It was a really good film! I'll watch it again before Thor 3 comes out.

lol I was actually thinking of starting this thread but you beat me to it :p

I don't think there's been a marvel movie yet that has made me feel so powerfully. It just took my emotions and pummeled them into the ground. Mantis was such a cutie-pie and I loved the expansion of Nebulas' character.

I loved pretty much everything about this movie, it was nearly as good as the first.
Yondu has always been my favorite character even from the first movie.
I always found him so fascinating and complex and I loved picking up on the little details about how he truly cared about Peter. Like how he smiled after discovering Peter scammed him out of an infinity stone.

It always puzzled me though about why he decided to Peter and I thought his decision was a selfish one, but with all this new expansion about Peter's dad and Yondu's past I understand his actions so much better now.

I'm still extremely sad about his death, but I feel like storytelling-wise it was the right thing to do. I don't think there would be as much emotional impact if he had lived. Giving his life for his son was really the perfect way for him to go out.
And the funeral scene was beautiful. I nearly cried. Seeing Rocket break down in tears was so powerful, again I don't think a marvel movie has ever evoked such powerful emotions from me.

So yeah, solid 8/10. Not as good as the first, put still pretty doggone good. :D

I thought it was awesome and I actually kinda liked it more than the first. That opening scene was so great!

Also Drax had some really great lines too.

Last edited:
Went and saw it on opening day, it's one of my favorite Marvel films now! It had a lot of hilarious moments and I really enjoyed the interactions and developments between the characters!
"I'm Mary Poppins, yo!"

lol I was actually thinking of starting this thread but you beat me to it :p

I don't think there's been a marvel movie yet that has made me feel so powerfully. It just took my emotions and pummeled them into the ground. Mantis was such a cutie-pie and I loved the expansion of Nebulas' character.

I loved pretty much everything about this movie, it was nearly as good as the first.
Yondu has always been my favorite character even from the first movie.
I always found him so fascinating and complex and I loved picking up on the little details about how he truly cared about Peter. Like how he smiled after discovering Peter scammed him out of an infinity stone.

It always puzzled me though about why he decided to Peter and I thought his decision was a selfish one, but with all this new expansion about Peter's dad and Yondu's past I understand his actions so much better now.

I'm still extremely sad about his death, but I feel like storytelling-wise it was the right thing to do. I don't think there would be as much emotional impact if he had lived. Giving his life for his son was really the perfect way for him to go out.
And the funeral scene was beautiful. I nearly cried. Seeing Rocket break down in tears was so powerful, again I don't think a marvel movie has ever evoked such powerful emotions from me.

So yeah, solid 8/10. Not as good as the first, put still pretty doggone good. :D

hmmm, i give this one equal rating to the first: 10/10...

hmmmy emotions werent pummeled into the ground, but i think i mighta gotten a little misty at the Yondu death scene....

it was really good and i really loved it, but i preferred the first one. still, it exceeded my expectations.

I didn't really like it. Some parts were enjoyable, but others I found dragged. In the spoiler tag are my reasons why, but they go more so from the comics.
My biggest gripe is they took the character Ego and made him Peters father. Ego is actually from Thor, and Peters actually father is King of a race not an upper being. I also did not like the Romanticism with Peter and Gamora. Completely inaccurate from the comics, and I thought it softens Gamoras character

hmmm, i give this one equal rating to the first: 10/10...

hmmmy emotions werent pummeled into the ground, but i think i mighta gotten a little misty at the Yondu death scene....

Even though the Yondu feels were what affected me the most there was still plenty of stuff that that played with my emotions.

That scene with Drax and Mantis for instance. That was like a punch in the gut, it really conveyed just how much Drax loved and misses his family. There was also Gamorra and Nebula making up with each other, but I might count that as part of the funeral scene since it happened around the same time.

This probably still counts as Yondu feels, but that scene where Yondu tells Rocket that they're the same really got to me too.

There was also lots of little things here and there that really added depth to the story and sold the emotions, like baby groot asking Peter to listen to his music, or Kragglin's scream during the funeral that just make me:
crying-waterfalls.gif
So yeah, all in all it broke me.

Last edited:
I hate to do another post so soon, but Michael Rooker just put this on instagram and it is very important and belongs in this thread

I didn't really like it. Some parts were enjoyable, but others I found dragged. In the spoiler tag are my reasons why, but they go more so from the comics.
My biggest gripe is they took the character Ego and made him Peters father. Ego is actually from Thor, and Peters actually father is King of a race not an upper being. I also did not like the Romanticism with Peter and Gamora. Completely inaccurate from the comics, and I thought it softens Gamoras character

i never read the comic books or had even heard of the GotG comic books til the first movie came out, but yeah i could see where for fans of the comics it would be disappointing if there are major differences in the movie story lines. i'm a little disappointed that it looks like Peter won't have anymore super power from being half celestial, i guess.... or maybe he will but he's just mortal now? the impacts of Ego dying wasnt totally clear to me...

i like the romance with Gamora, because Zoe Saldana....
but i was a little disappointed it stayed low key and i hope they totally go there in the next movie

Last edited:
i never read the comic books or had even heard of the GotG comic books til the first movie came out, but yeah i could see where for fans of the comics it would be disappointing if there are major differences in the movie story lines. i'm a little disappointed that it looks like Peter won't have anymore super power from being half celestial, i guess.... or maybe he will but he's just mortal now? the impacts of Ego dying wasnt totally clear to me...

i like the romance with Gamora, because Zoe Saldana....
but i was a little disappointed it stayed low key and i hope they totally go there in the next movie

well in the comics, that's already been done. A more appropriate description would be they both get around, a lot. I do love Zoe Saldana, and Chris Pratt, but I thought adding an unnecessary romance just makes more Hollywood. If that makes sense

And I thought it was to my understanding that Peter is now just human. I think in the comics that he was always human - so with Peter not being a celestial being brings it back to the comics, and closer to the original comic book story lines. Even though they butchered it by killing Yondu (he's one of the original members of GotG).

Last edited:
Back