• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity Support Thread

Tbh, I heard that the show what ending anyway. Either way, yeah, sending death threats to a child is despicable. Can't imagine what these people thought they would accomplish.

I also loved the way the show handled it in the episode. The parents weren't like "OMG LOOK A LESBIAN COUPLE" or "I've never met a lesbian couple before!!!" or "Wow, this is the first time we've met some" or something like that, lol. It was just portrayed as an everyday occurence, and rightfully so.

I also loved the way the show handled it in the episode. The parents weren't like "OMG LOOK A LESBIAN COUPLE" or "I've never met a lesbian couple before!!!" or "Wow, this is the first time we've met some" or something like that, lol. It was just portrayed as an everyday occurence, and rightfully so.

Tbh, I've never actually seen the episode but it sounds like they did a good job on it! :>

This is really good news, especially for Disney Channel. You wouldn't expect something like that to happen on that channel so good for them! ^^ The way they made it seem normal too was amazing cause yes, that's what it is: normal.

And since we're on the topic of Disney and LGBT representation, I heard that they've stopped airing the SVTFOE episode "Just Friends" because it features same gender couples kissing. :U

Assuming this is a serious question, I'm pretty sure you can find other people attractive and not be attracted to their gender. (Not that I would know, lel)

Can you picture yourself happily dating a man? If so then you might be gay, or you could be bi/poly/pan. Who knows?

Edit: Curses, I was ninja'd!

I also wanna add that your sexual and romantic feelings can be totally different from each other. :D

I also wanna add that your sexual and romantic feelings can be totally different from each other. :D

What's the point of having a relationship if it isn't romantic and sexual? A relationship needs physical and emotional aspects to thrive.

What's the point of having a relationship if it isn't romantic and sexual? A relationship needs physical and emotional aspects to thrive.

Maybe for you, but not all relationships are alike. Don't act like your personal needs for a relationship are somehow universal rules.

Also adding that there's more ways to be physical in a relationship than just doing the do.

Last edited:
Maybe for you, but not all relationships are alike. Don't act like your personal needs for a relationship are somehow universal rules.

Also adding that there's more ways to be physical in a relationship than just doing the do.

o sry

anyone read "Always Human" and "Shoot Around" in line webtoons? I hope this isnt considered advertising, but it is on topic, since both comics have main characters are LGBT+ (actually both comics nearly have every character thats on the spectrum)

i personally dont put myself under a lable in LGBT+ stuff, im currently not really on a quest to figure out what or who i like, since theres other social issues/minority stuff i put alot of my energy and concern into. although all i know is that i dont have any problem with who/what/things others like and sensible enough to know that minorities should not be discriminated against based off of their love/sexual preference and that human rights should also apply to said people. it shouldnt even be a debate, haha. I really appreciated the diversity both ethnically and both comics have alot of positive LGBT+ relationships, and its not entirely glitters and sunshine. notably, always human has more realistic sides of a relationship thats added in. seeing more diversity and less typical vanilla, cookie cutter stuff is really refreshing.

both comics normalize LGBT+ and its refreshing to see a relationship that isnt being made a big deal out of as if its abnormal or strange, or exceptionally *insert adjetive* one thing i love about both comics was how they werent obnoxious like "OMGLOOK. IM/HES/SHES/THEY'RE GAY." kind of vibe. it was normalized, not fetishized, and not treated like some sort of exotic exhibition. and it really changes the perspective of normalcy in today's general society.

Howdy everyone! I'm Bec, I posted in the other forum like twice or three times maybe? because it just didn't seem very... mm I'll let that thought just trail off. Anyway, I just wanted to let y'all know I'm here for you and completely understand being in the closet. I'm nonbinary and pan, but I haven't told my parents even though I am an Adult because they're...not the most supportive people and I still live with them because the economy is.... you know. Anyway, I'm a huge nerd! Animal Crossing is the happiest game that I've recently gotten back into (New Leaf and HHD) and they're definitely games that help calm me down.

I also read webcomics and a few I've read that are LGBT themed but not angsty coming out stories that I can think of off the top of my head are Witchy, which is about a world where the longer your hair is the more power you have! It features LGBT characters and I thought it was a cool read. I also read Rock and Riot which is a webcomic set in the 50s with cute lesbians, bisexual characters, nonbinary/trans characters, as well as gay men. Think Grease but super gay.

Anyway sorry about how long this post is I'm not good about talking about stuff.

The point is that some like me are more comfortable with someone in one aspect and another person in the other aspect. I've never had intimate, sexual feelings with any of my past boyfriends except one. I've had one sexual relationship but it was never driven by romance. When I'm in a romantic relationship, most of the time I'm very uncomfortable with any sexual advances, bc I just don't feel that it's right for me in our situation.

Romance and sex aren't mutually exclusive, of course, but some people prefer to sort it that way! And while some need physical and emotional aspects in a relationship, romance and sex isn't just one or the other aspect; romance and sex both have physical and emotional aspects!

And just a P.S.: I've mixed romantic and sexual feelings once, and it was really messed up bc I didn't cope well with the heartbreak that followed. Not to dwell on the past but from then I learned how to separate my feelings, for the sake of me. :) Of course, this is my way of coping with feels and stuff, it's different for everyone so a little respect for everyone can go a long way! <3

Last edited:
I thought the character and his (while small) development was pretty well done. But my view comes from having a cousin from a very religious family recently come out - he acted very much like the "bro" to try throw off his parents and the people around him. Good news, he came out, got out of his toxic family's lives, and is very successful and has a loving boyfriend.

I wanted to add that I agree that I would like to see more LGBT characters around too.

I had a panic attack mid-film and walked out, I missed a pretty big chunk of the film. I only came back around the end of 'Something There that Wasn't There Before'. I wish the scene at the end could've been a bit more... more, but I guess it's better than nothing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

To be honest, I wish I was an entirely different person. In fact, I barely even wish to exist at all. I feel ashamed of my sexuality, even the LGBT community seems to hate people like me because we aren't 'gay enough' or something. I feel all over the place and I don't even feel happy the way I am. I have nobody to support me, not even people like me. I just want to curl up and hide for the rest of my life because I'm a complete embarrassment to everybody.

Okay, rant over.

anyone read "Always Human" and "Shoot Around" in line webtoons? I hope this isnt considered advertising, but it is on topic, since both comics have main characters are LGBT+ (actually both comics nearly have every character thats on the spectrum)

i personally dont put myself under a lable in LGBT+ stuff, im currently not really on a quest to figure out what or who i like, since theres other social issues/minority stuff i put alot of my energy and concern into. although all i know is that i dont have any problem with who/what/things others like and sensible enough to know that minorities should not be discriminated against based off of their love/sexual preference and that human rights should also apply to said people. it shouldnt even be a debate, haha. I really appreciated the diversity both ethnically and both comics have alot of positive LGBT+ relationships, and its not entirely glitters and sunshine. notably, always human has more realistic sides of a relationship thats added in. seeing more diversity and less typical vanilla, cookie cutter stuff is really refreshing.

both comics normalize LGBT+ and its refreshing to see a relationship that isnt being made a big deal out of as if its abnormal or strange, or exceptionally *insert adjetive* one thing i love about both comics was how they werent obnoxious like "OMGLOOK. IM/HES/SHES/THEY'RE GAY." kind of vibe. it was normalized, not fetishized, and not treated like some sort of exotic exhibition. and it really changes the perspective of normalcy in today's general society.

I'll have to check these out, they sound awesome! I'm straight myself but I'm an ally :) and I love seeing people treat the LGBT+ community as it is: normal! Of course, pride parades and things like it that show off the community are fantastic and help promote so much good, but at the same time "normalizing" it is a huge step in the right direction. :D

just say lgbt

personally, i think lgbt+ or lgbtqia+ or quiltbag are more inclusive. acceptance is the most important thing, especially for people who are not sure of their gender/sexual identity.

My gender is so confusing because sometimes I feel like I just don't want to be gendered in any way but then other times I feel like I could live happily as a somewhat feminine but also male aligned person??? :/

My gender is so confusing because sometimes I feel like I just don't want to be gendered in any way but then other times I feel like I could live happily as a somewhat feminine but also male aligned person??? :/

I feel the same way! I normally just would prefer to be seen as genderless, but then other times I am entirely okay with being so feminine and going by female pronouns. But then other times I really wish I could be masculine and maybe transition? I'm not genderfluid though, I'm agender, so it gets confusing feeling that way. Not sure if it's similar to what you're feeling but I thought I'd chime in since my gender is also pretty confusing.

Here's a weird question guys. I'm not sure what to think of it.

So my sister went to ask me about her private area and what all the parts of it are called. So I told her and she eventually broke down crying saying she was terrified of vaginas. She says that they look ugly, scary and they're so complex and apparently it freaks her out. She wouldn't even talk about the more "intense" parts of it and made me stop too.

I didn't even know how to answer her. This is 100% serious and I'm not sure if this is a gender or sexuality thing? Maybe it's just her being young? She's 16. I don't know the labels all that well so I was wondering if any of you have anything to help me with. I really wanna help her but I don't really know how or where to begin.

Thanks everyone!

Back