• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity Support Thread

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Peach 🍑
Mango 🥭
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
Vylbrand
Mystery Bunny Balloon Token
Mystery Bunny Balloon Token
Mystery Heart Balloon Token
Mystery New Balloon Token
Mystery Classic Balloon Token
A support thread that lacks support is simply sad. Love is love. Let's celebrate it and encourage one another; not tear each other down. In the words of the iconic RuPaul Charles: "If you can't love yourself, how in the hell are you going to love somebody else?"

This thread will operate on a no aggression policy.

That means:

• No insulting, swearing at, or otherwise talking down to other users. This is meant to be a supportive environment. People should not be scared to post for fear of being outcast. I'm sure we've all faced enough of that in our lives. We don't need it here too.
  • Understand that the LGBT+ community in different areas of the world, and of different age groups, may use different terminology. What may seem like a slur to someone may be completely harmless in another user's local LGBT+ community. Unless the person is quite obviously using a word as an insult, try to keep discussion about word choice polite.
  • Do not discriminate against or make negative generalisations about particular groups of people regardless of race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc. Think: do you like it when people do that about you?
  • Respect that if a staff member asks you to cease posting certain content to then immediately stop doing so. Take up any disagreements you may have with us via the Contact The Staff board or via PM, thank you.
  • And finally, yes, all users are welcome to post in this thread regardless of how you identify.

If you don't feel you can abide by these terms then please do not post. Disagreements are not a reason to instigate WW3. This is meant to be a supportive environment, so let's keep it so. In some cases it is wiser to agree to disagree. If you feel yourself getting angry I strongly advise you to take a break from your computer for an hour or so before replying - or simply to not respond at all. Users who repeatedly try to disturb the peace will be dealt with. Please use the Report Button rather than directly engaging obvious trolls or aggressive users yourself.

Last edited:
Yayyy! I'm so glad this is happening. Thanks! It's great to see this forum move forward despite what has happened.

Last edited:
Thankyou so much for this

lmao

i have a question are we not allowed express be sadness or that we r upset about things we have experienced in real life bc i dont rly understand But it's not a support thread if u cant talk about things u experienced that werent 100% happy and perfect and glitter and pride so ... ?

lmao

i have a question are we not allowed express be sadness or that we r upset about things we have experienced in real life bc i dont rly understand But it's not a support thread if u cant talk about things u experienced that werent 100% happy and perfect and glitter and pride so ... ?

Talking about experiences is perfectly fine as long as you're not attacking or discriminating against others with your posts. Fighting discrimination with further discrimination isn't the way to go!

lmao

You're good as long as you don't get into childish arguments with people and report people rather than bait them on. That's precisely what put the other thread into the grave.

Positivity and encouragement of peace and harmony is what should drive any support community above all else.

Talking about experiences is perfectly fine as long as you're not attacking or discriminating against others with your posts.

ok but is it discrimination or attacking people to complain about a system that people may or may not feel like theyre a part of

Casually tries to bring some good vibes on

In less than 3 weeks I get to go see my husband in Scotland!! We're gonna go to the Beatrix Potter museum which I'm really excited for and we're gonna catch pet snails for each other. I'm just worried about the flight because it's at night and it's 6 hours long, not to mention I'm scared of airplanes.

He's been to me twice but this is my first time over there! It's funny too because it's super close to when we got together and we actually met because of these forums.

In less than 3 weeks I get to go see my husband in Scotland!! We're gonna go to the Beatrix Potter museum which I'm really excited for and we're gonna catch pet snails for each other. I'm just worried about the flight because it's at night and it's 6 hours long, not to mention I'm scared of airplanes.

He's been to me twice but this is my first time over there! It's funny too because it's super close to when we got together and we actually met because of these forums.

Oh, gosh! I've been there before! I think you'll love it.

Near the exit there's a little kind of garden set up, and it has some statues of the Beatrix Potter characters and I think a little fountain. I remember sitting on the stones and getting some pictures taken with family. It was such a beautiful day, as well!

I long to go back to Scotland someday.

I'm so beyond excited to have you here and get to spend so much time together - I miss you so much. It's not long now!!

Near the exit there's a little kind of garden set up, and it has some statues of the Beatrix Potter characters and I think a little fountain. I remember sitting on the stones and getting some pictures taken with family. It was such a beautiful day, as well!

Ooh, that sounds really nice!

Last edited:

That's so nice!! Our original plan was to see the Beatrix Potter ballet but it doesn't seem like that's a thing that's going on anymore. But apparently there's a puppet show in the museum that should be cool!

I've seen pictures of the garden area and stuff it looks so nice an relaxing, uber excited to go uwu

Amazing!

I really hope you enjoy yourself over there, how could you not when you have someone as great as Fleshy as your husband! It's also nice to see the forums helping you form a relationship, this site is basically a dating site. Haha!

Hope you and Fleshy have an amazing time together!

Last edited:
ok but is it discrimination or attacking people to complain about a system that people may or may not feel like theyre a part of

There's a difference between politely expressing an opinion and being aggressive or hateful. As I stated in my original post, if you're angry about something then it's better off waiting a while to post than doing so in the heat of the moment. Respect everyone. If you can't do that then don't post.

That's so nice!! Our original plan was to see the Beatrix Potter ballet but it doesn't seem like that's a thing that's going on anymore. But apparently there's a puppet show in the museum that should be cool!

I've seen pictures of the garden area and stuff it looks so nice an relaxing, uber excited to go uwu

You just reminded me of something that happened, actually. Before you're allowed to go into the actual museum, you have to sit through a short film about Beatrix Potter, and last time I was there the tape malfunctioned somehow and we just kinda had to awkwardly move on, and I think I had to tell some security guy about it before we went in. Very funny.

I'm really chuffed for you both! I'll be thinking of you if I ever head back!

Aw that's so sweet! I'm sure you'll both have a wonderful time :D

And remember, airplanes now are very safe, there's nothing to worry about. It'll all go smoothly.

Hope you both have fun! :) I didn't even know there was a museum. I travelled through Perth not too long back to attend a conference and looking it up now I see it's nearby.

Back