• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity Support Thread

Forgive me if I'm wrong but it's not actually in Scotland, is it? I'm pretty sure it's in the Lake District (which is still pretty close, but not in Scotland). My favourite place in the whole world, honestly.

I know because Beatrix Potter was situated in the Lake District and all her books were about Lake District wildlife, hence the location of the museum. It's in Windermere, I think.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but it's not actually in Scotland, is it? I'm pretty sure it's in the Lake District (which is still pretty close, but not in Scotland). My favourite place in the whole world, honestly.

I know because Beatrix Potter was situated in the Lake District and all her books were about Lake District wildlife, hence the location of the museum. It's in Windermere, I think.

There are two locations according to Google Maps. One in the Lake District and the other in Dunkeld.

There are two locations according to Google Maps. One in the Lake District and the other in Dunkeld.

Oh, how interesting! I was in the one in Windermere, then. I don't know how different they are in terms of features, but in mine there was a little sort of hub area with a huge, moving clock with little characters sitting on the clock hands, and it used to play music and rotate every hour. Also a little gift shop with lots of cute tea tins, biscuit tins, and ornaments!

Oh, how interesting! I was in the one in Windermere, then. I don't know how different they are in terms of features, but in mine there was a little sort of hub area with a huge, moving clock with little characters sitting on the clock hands, and it used to play music and rotate every hour. Also a little gift shop with lots of cute tea tins, biscuit tins, and ornaments!

That's the one we'll be going to, I believe it's much bigger and has the shops and tea room too!

Casually tries to bring some good vibes on

In less than 3 weeks I get to go see my husband in Scotland!! We're gonna go to the Beatrix Potter museum which I'm really excited for and we're gonna catch pet snails for each other. I'm just worried about the flight because it's at night and it's 6 hours long, not to mention I'm scared of airplanes.

He's been to me twice but this is my first time over there! It's funny too because it's super close to when we got together and we actually met because of these forums.

Aww that's nice. Bet you can't wait. Hope the time goes by fast until you get to see him again. :)

I've been there before with my family when I was a kid. I was a big Beatrix Potter fan so I really enjoyed it. When we were outside by the garden there were a lot of people there so my Mum went on the wall to get a better picture. She got told off though. XD

I can only imagine how scary it is to fly a plane when you're scared of flying. Would it help if I told you that you're more likely to end up in a car accident than a plane crash?
Also, I've traveled on a plane for 12 hours before and everything was fine so I'm sure you'll be ok. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's the one I went to. I didn't even know there more museums.
The more you know.

Thank you for making a new thread Tina. I'm in a really uncomfortable position as it is questioning if I'm bi or ace or maybe straight or what with literally no support considering my family is 100% homophobic transphobic lgbtphobic etc so I have no clue where to begin or even what to do, and all the discussion threads on here seemed really hateful (especially considering I'm probably bi/ace, which made it even more uncomfortable), so I appreciate setting some guidelines and rules down. I'm still super uncomfortable with myself and really scared about even thinking about coming out so I probably won't really "join" the community for a while but I definitely appreciate knowing it's not a toxic area of on this site anymore.

Thank you for making a new thread Tina. I'm in a really uncomfortable position as it is questioning if I'm bi or ace or maybe straight or what with literally no support considering my family is 100% homophobic transphobic lgbtphobic etc so I have no clue where to begin or even what to do, and all the discussion threads on here seemed really hateful (especially considering I'm probably bi/ace, which made it even more uncomfortable), so I appreciate setting some guidelines and rules down. I'm still super uncomfortable with myself and really scared about even thinking about coming out so I probably won't really "join" the community for a while but I definitely appreciate knowing it's not a toxic area of on this site anymore.

I found this cool site about asexuality so maybe it could help you identify more clearly or at least understand it more c: (I personally found it helpful since I was wondering about it alot)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, it says in my sig but I'm ace. I don't think I'd even bother telling my friends or family...

Last edited:

I feel like in general that bi people in the LGBT community get hate, especially those who are in a straight relationship. It's difficult. ^^; So let's make this area welcoming to them and everyone else! :D

What I'd do to determine what you are is honestly ask yourself questions about your sexuality. What you like, who yoy like, how your feelings work, etc. But remember that you don't have to label yourself and you definitely don't have to tell anyone about it. Unless of course you come home with someone where you are not in a straight relationship cause then your family would probably ask questions. I'm in a straight relationship even though I'm bi so I don't have to tell anyone that I also like girls. I'd like to tell people but I feel nervous about it so I just don't mention it. Nobody really needs to know either.

Oh, good. I'm glad I decided to wait until I joined in on these discussions. I'm not sure what happened in the last thread.

I'm nonbinary and I'm in a realtionship with a cis straight male. I basically don't pay any mind to gender at all and I also don't understand sexual attraction. I am the opposite of my partner, pretty much. I considered myself asexual for a very long time because I wasn't attracted to anybody and I was celibate (but I still always wanted a romantic relationship). Anyway, I still don't understand sexual attraction. I don't feel it at all for anybody. What confuses me though is that I still have the urge to have s** (not sure if I'm allowed to talk about that here, so I censored it, lol) just because it relieves stress and I get to bond with my partner. He always says I seem like I'm not into it and I have no desire to initiate it myself, which is actually all true. But I still enjoy it for some reason. It makes me happy knowing he likes it and I get to have his full attention for a bit. It's nice. Does that mean I'm not asexual or what...?

Oh, good. I'm glad I decided to wait until I joined in on these discussions. I'm not sure what happened in the last thread.

I'm nonbinary and I'm in a realtionship with a cis straight male. I basically don't pay any mind to gender at all and I also don't understand sexual attraction. I am the opposite of my partner, pretty much. I considered myself asexual for a very long time because I wasn't attracted to anybody and I was celibate (but I still always wanted a romantic relationship). Anyway, I still don't understand sexual attraction. I don't feel it at all for anybody. What confuses me though is that I still have the urge to have s** (not sure if I'm allowed to talk about that here, so I censored it, lol) just because it relieves stress and I get to bond with my partner. He always says I seem like I'm not into it and I have no desire to initiate it myself, which is actually all true. But I still enjoy it for some reason. It makes me happy knowing he likes it and I get to have his full attention for a bit. It's nice. Does that mean I'm not asexual or what...?

From what I know, you can still be asexual and like s--. My understanding of sexual attraction is when you find someone attractive or hot and you want to sleep with them basically. It is possible to be asexual and like s-- but it seems quite rare. Sexuality is complicated so don't worry if you don't fit into one "category/sexuality" specifically. If you feel that it best fits you then use it.

Well you should know that there's nothing wrong with questioning! Don't be afraid to try different labels to see what fits you best, even if you decide you don't want any labels at all. It's all up to you to decide that, and weather you come out or not! Anyone that pressures you on coming out one way or the other is not looking for your best interests!

hi! I'm just gonna throw my 2 cents in. I'm cis het female, but I know some asexuals. For one, he said that he found the frick frack to be "a fun way to pass the time" but was very firm that he still identified as ace. From what I understand of his standpoint, enjoying the act is not congruent with sexual attraction, and thus you can be frick fractive (see what I did there ohoho) and still be ace. I know that everyone's situation is different, but from what I've read, it seems like you might benefit from hearing that, so I'm putting it out there for you. Seems to me that the identity of ace is based mainly on whether you feel the attraction or not, so if you don't and you like that identity, don't feel like you need to give it up just because you're enjoying yourself! I hope maybe that helps? I hope it's not dumb for me to reply as a non-ace, I just like trying to help people. But most importantly it's about what you feel most comfortable identifying as. If you feel comfy as ace, then it's ok! It's all about what you feel best describes you, in your own terms ��

lol, sometime i am sitting here thinking like, why arent otherkin , factkin, fiction kin, etc included in lgbt? i think they should, idk i dnt think otherkin are the same as a furry, so thats not an argument against what im saying...

You can be ace and still enjoy woohooing but not want to initiate it. There's aces who are repulsed by it, ones who are neutral (like me) and ones who enjoy it :> basically what everyone else said is right, or at least I agree with them!

I'm still a bit confused despite claiming to be an aroace (wow this gets autocorrected to roach) - like what exactly is sexual attraction?? I talked about this with a friend but she said my viewpoint might've been black and white. I told her I thought it was just finding people hot and wanting to do the do with them, while she told me she sees it as something more intimate.. but I thought the intimate thing was more romantic attraction, then I just confused her 8C

I'm pretty sure I'm aro, thinking about being in a romantic relationship make me go ????nothx not for me. But sometimes I come across girls and think wow she's really pretty (or even hot?? I'm not the type to call ppl hot)... but maybe that's just 'aesthetic' attraction - is that even a thing? I don't have these thoughts about guys though.

I'm still a bit confused despite claiming to be an aroace (wow this gets autocorrected to roach) - like what exactly is sexual attraction?? I talked about this with a friend but she said my viewpoint might've been black and white. I told her I thought it was just finding people hot and wanting to do the do with them, while she told me she sees it as something more intimate.. but I thought the intimate thing was more romantic attraction, then I just confused her 8C
There is two types of attraction, physical attraction, and attraction to ones personality. "Sexual attraction" is a relative term which can be either and or both physical and personal attraction.

Bro, if you're bi and liking the same sex would disappoint everyone you know, just stick with the opposite sex and call yourself straight. If you can't do without the same sex, then you're gay and you should just come out. I stg it seems like most people in the lbtqwrtys community just want to rebel against what they were raised with. It's gotten so overcomplicated

Bro, if you're bi and liking the same sex would disappoint everyone you know, just stick with the opposite sex and call yourself straight. If you can't do without the same sex, then you're gay and you should just come out. I stg it seems like most people in the lbtqwrtys community just want to rebel against what they were raised with. It's gotten so overcomplicated

thing is though, you can't help who you fall in love with. if he/she falls in love w the same sex, or the opposite sex, that's totally uncontrollable. and because his/her family is entirely anti-lgbt, i imagine it would be a billion times harder to just simply come out. it's one thing to tell someone to come out, but another thing entirely to actually do it!

@lucanosa i hope you find out what to do soon but if i were in your situation i would probably do the same that you're doing currently.. eventually your fam will probably find out if you come out to others, but i wish you all the luck in the world!!

Last edited:
lol, sometime i am sitting here thinking like, why arent otherkin , factkin, fiction kin, etc included in lgbt? i think they should, idk i dnt think otherkin are the same as a furry, so thats not an argument against what im saying...

what why
that has nothing to do w sexuality or gender identity, their community has never been close to the lgbtq community, they already have a community thats uh 'working' lol. i dont even think the mogai community (aka the community that would argue that a rock is lgbtq bc it doesnt experience sexual attraction) has tried to include kin in lgbtq....
just bc something is a part of ur identity doesnt mean it is lgbtq. also factkin :||||| No Thx

Enjoying the same sex does not make you gay if you also like the opposite sex. It's not cool to invalidate bisexuality and say people are just wanting to rebel for enjoying both. For the most part, people cannot control whether they will fall for a male or female when they are bisexual, if that is somehow very complicated to understand, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Last edited:
Back