• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity Support Thread

Please don't question staff taking action against posts that break the rules. Those posts have been deleted, so unless you saw them before they were deleted it doesn't matter. I can still see the content Jake removed and he was correct in doing so.

Ah I see. He did not mention that he deleted any posts which is why I was questioning this. Sorry.

Last edited:
This is exactly what I been doing, hinting toward it. You are right about that though, not coming out unless questioned and only people who matter will know you are telling the truth.

Not sure if this helps but I'm married to a man and I'm attracted to girls. In fact, on our wedding night we had a manage et trois with my best friend (a girl). We're haven't invited another girl to our bed for a long time, but it's been very liberating to be open about it, we had a good time, and we both feel great knowing if sometime down the road we'll want to spice things up, that we're both on board. Of course we'd talk about it and not assume the feeling is still the same but it's a much easier conversation to have now.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do!

Not sure if this helps but I'm married to a man and I'm attracted to girls. In fact, on our wedding night we had a manage et trois with my best friend (a girl). We're haven't invited another girl to our bed for a long time, but it's been very liberating to be open about it, we had a good time, and we both feel great knowing if sometime down the road we'll want to spice things up, that we're both on board. Of course we'd talk about it and not assume the feeling is still the same but it's a much easier conversation to have now.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do!

Thank you! I appreciate you sharing your story with me. It does make me comfortable knowing how accepting some are and how I am not alone in this. I am not judging you for your threesome, I think that is definitely good to spice things up for some, but my boyfriend and I are not a fan of threesomes. Even if I like girls too I do not really like the idea of having another person join us and he has said the same. I am glad you were able to open up though and your husband is accepting. Thank you!

Just to prevent breaking rules; is this thread specifically for only LGBTQA+ talk? Or are you free to talk about anything as long as you're LGBTQA+?

As far as I could tell it's any sexuality, straight included.

Nono I know, I'm just curious if the conversation or post has to be specifically related to being LGBTQA+ or not

I'm just curious so feel free to remove my posts; don't wanna clog up or start anything

Nono I know, I'm just curious if the conversation or post has to be specifically related to being LGBTQA+ or not

I'm just curious so feel free to remove my posts; don't wanna clog up or start anything

here u go :)

This is a Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity Support Thread, please remember to stay on topic and try not to stray too far from the conversation. Additionally, please remember we do not allow public advertising and all advertising should remain within your signature. Thanks.

Ahh interesting thread! <3 Thank you having this, Tina!
Personally, I'd like to separate my orientation for sex and romance. I'm a heteroromantic, but I'm still exploring my sexual orientation (right now I'm thinking bisexual). I'm honestly uncomfortable thinking "sex" when I'm in a romantic relationship with someone, so it's just a preference to separate the two. c: To each his/her own!

I'm thankful for my parents who 100% support me no matter my orientation (like, when I was a kid I asked my parents "what if I like a girl", and they were like, "sure go on ahead kiddo, whatever makes you happy. we're happy with whatever choice as long as you pick someone worth your time"). I'm really sorry so many are struggling with homophobic or unsupportive household members and are unable to come out, but remember that it's never wrong to like anyone as long as you pick someone who you're comfortable sticking around with! <3 I can't understand why so many don't want to give basic support in terms of love. It's saddening.

Re: first paragraph: I'm the same. My romantic and sexual orientations are different (as of right now, we'll see how I feel if I ever enter into a relationship).

I'm 100% certain I'll never come out to my family. One day I'll move out of the house and be able to create friendships with other people and I won't hide my orientation from them but I'll forever hide it from my family. They're all homophobic.

Two things (it's really old though):

1. What do you guys think of them "featuring" a lesbian couple on a Good Luck Charlie episode? Not really the show I'm asking your opinion of, just like how you feel about Disney having one of the first openly LGBTQA pop-up (idk what else to call it) on a popular show? I'm for one happy about it :D

2. What do you think about the scene in Frozen where Oaken points to his family including his [husband]. Many believe this is just the big brother of his family, but I think Disney was being purposefully ambiguous so that people could think of it either way.

Last edited:
posting out of appreciation for the rupaul quote. i want mama ru to adopt me

I think I recall a thread like this one last week or so. What happened to that one? If I may ask?

I think I recall a thread like this one last week or so. What happened to that one? If I may ask?

The tone of it was angry and unwelcoming, Tina shut it down to make a new one that she can monitor

I don't know anything about Good Luck Charlie so I have no comment on that, sorry.

I always thought the Oaken family was a big brother, tiny mother on the right side, and several unspecified younger children. But I think it makes sense either way. I like that we see so little of the family that it can be open to intrepetation.

1. What do you guys think of them "featuring" a lesbian couple on a Good Luck Charlie episode? Not really the show I'm asking your opinion of, just like how you feel about Disney having one of the first openly LGBTQA pop-up (idk what else to call it) on a popular show? I'm for one happy about it :D

2. What do you think about the scene in Frozen where Oaken points to his family including his [husband]. Many believe this is just the big brother of his family, but I think Disney was being purposefully ambiguous so that people could think of it either way.

The animators have confirmed several times that his wife is featured in the scene, and the male is in fact not his husband :(

The animators have confirmed several times that his wife is featured in the scene, and the male is in fact not his husband :(

Ugh, that sucks :( I was thinking Disney finally took another big step for non-cis/Het minorities

In case you guys haven't seen Beauty and The Beast and wanted to see it for the 'gay scene', don't bother. All they did was slow dance and had like 2.5 seconds of screen time. At the very end. I wish they had more LGBT characters in movies and on TV so that kids don't have to think that being gay or trans is wrong.

In case you guys haven't seen Beauty and The Beast and wanted to see it for the 'gay scene', don't bother. All they did was slow dance and had like 2.5 seconds of screen time. At the very end. I wish they had more LGBT characters in movies and on TV so that kids don't have to think that being gay or trans is wrong.

I thought the character and his (while small) development was pretty well done. But my view comes from having a cousin from a very religious family recently come out - he acted very much like the "bro" to try throw off his parents and the people around him. Good news, he came out, got out of his toxic family's lives, and is very successful and has a loving boyfriend.

I wanted to add that I agree that I would like to see more LGBT characters around too.

Last edited:

I was ecstatic when I first heard about that! The feeling was somewhat ruined by finding out that it got the cast, including the literal child actress for Charlie herself, death threads. Homophobes always ruin everything. :lemon:

I was ecstatic when I first heard about that! The feeling was somewhat ruined by finding out that it got the cast, including the literal child actress for Charlie herself, death threads. Homophobes always ruin everything. :lemon:

Yeah, that was terrible. I heard they even had to cancel the show, because it got too much out of hand. I can't believe people are that terrible to send death threats to a 4-5 year old.

Last edited:
I just watched the music video of Clean Bandit's Symphony (ft. Zara Larsson). The song was personally really good, and coupling that with a black gay couple in the music vid made it all the more empowering!
I see some comments saying the two men looked more like brothers, but idk personally I saw right off the bat that they were gay. For anyone who hasn't seen the music video, you should go watch! It's lovely (and sad, shh) <3

Yeah, that was terrible. I heard they even had to cancel the show, because it got too much out of hand. I can't believe people are that terrible to send death threats to a 4-5 year old.

Tbh, I heard that the show what ending anyway. Either way, yeah, sending death threats to a child is despicable. Can't imagine what these people thought they would accomplish.

Back