• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Things you do for your health?

Sometimes, I would sleep early or have a few hours to myself. On days that are stressful I usually try not to think so much and drink some ginger -- > cut 5 thin slices and boil it in hot water for 5-7 minutes and let it cool down, you can add some honey or lemon ect to add some flavour, this is also a good remedy when you are in the early stages of starting to get sick c:

im pretty good with eating healthy food
sometimes i take blood tests and take iron tablets to avoid being anaemic (again)

i dont eat excessive amounts of candy and ive completley cut out soda. we often have homecooked foods rather than frozen/take out.
i do alot of research on what ingredients to avoid in products and looking on the back of labels i often notice that so much products have a ridiculous amount of sugar even in products that shouldnt even have or need sugar.

I actually just wrote a post on someone else's thread about chugging water....so tl;dr version is just drink lots and lots of water.

On top of this, I don't know if this qualifies with what you're asking, but I think a lot of people neglect self care a lot of times. Self care is arguably just as important as exercise-if not moreso- and it helps keep your mind energized and keep you on-task, as well as just help you keep in a great healthy mindset. I've been doing short meditation sessions, or doing "relaxation stretches," or just taking breaks from the monotony of being a student (e.g., if I'm studying in the library, I'll get up and walk around and maybe find an interesting book). Focusing wholeheartedly on one task that you usually do with your brain "off" (like brushing your teeth in the morning) helps me stay on task, too.

I hope this helps or even relates to what you're asking. Cheers! :)

Wake up at 5 am to go to the gym (arguably waking up that early is bad for my health ^-^ )

I drink a lot of water, avoid high-fat food or high-sugar drinks and prefer vegetable fats (oil instead of butter)
I also eat a lot of fresh vegetables or fruits

Back