• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Things you do for your health?

shrekluvsme

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
White Cosmos
Red Cosmos
Hello! Ever since mid-January I've become kind of a health nut, and while I'm not perfect with it at all, I try my hardest to be healthy. Just wondering what other people do for their health? I may want to try it out!

I just found out on Sunday that apple cider vinegar is really good for you if you mix it with 8 oz of water. It's pretty gross, but it apparently helps with fat loss on your stomach and liver, aids in digestion, bunch of other good stuff lol! Besides taking that I have vitamin C supplements because I'm training for a 5K, and I try my best to eat vegetables and to not overeat! Also, soda is a no-go for me. I stopped for 2 weeks, drank some and felt gross, and haven't drank any in almost three months.

I really need to get better about drinking water though, and sleeping more regularly.

Yeah, my sleep schedule is the worst. I'm up right now, running on five hours of sleep. RIP. I slept from 3:30am-9am. Why can't I sleep?!

I also don't drink enough water. I'm usually thirsty but just kinda dismiss it.

But I have stopped drinking so much juice! So that's good at least. I also have been avoiding processed meats and eating smaller dinners. My stomach is really sensitive and I get the runs a lot so I believe that eating smaller dinners might help. Eating smaller dinners and more frequent small meals might be a better option for me. I feel like my stomach can't hold as much food as it used to.

I'm planning to cut out dairy this summer because it doesn't really have any nutritional value (aside from calcium which is added to many other foods like tofu) and is high in fat and whatever hormones cows are pumped full of. I'm already vegetarian so I guess there's a moral side to the decision too.

I'm also trying to limit my caffeine intake by drinking tea instead of coffee but that's a pretty difficult step for me.

Other than that just the usual. Exercise everyday, eat a diet rich in vitamins with a healthy macronutrient distribution, sleep 8 hours a night and only drink water. I personally don't believe in supplements and alternative health stuff.

I have no idea how anyone can function without 8 hours of sleep its so gross

I go on a lot of walks and I don't eat sugar. I do need to drink more water though. I was doing a great job of it for a while but the habit didn't stick.

I try to drink as much as I can, and I regularly meditate.

Occasionally I excerise, but my daily chores tend to be physically exhausting.

I stopped drinking pop or any sugary drinks and down drink exclusively unsweetened sparkling water/water.

Oh I have also cut back on the amount of boxed frozen food I eat for breakfast and lunch.

nothing lol i dont have the energy to focus on anything and idc about my health rly so ?\_(ツ)_/?

Lately, I've been drinking more water. I'm a huge fan of sugary things so it's been a struggle to try to get out of that habit. I have a sweet tooth, heh. I no longer drink fruit drinks that have tons of sugar. I draw the line when you can taste the sugar more than the actual fruit.

On occasion, I'd make a natural pineapple drink called agua de pi?a (pineapple water). You get a big pot, take an entire pineapple (obviously you wait for it to ripe & wash it first) and chop it up into large pieces (with its skin), put in water (about 3 liters), cloves, and a couple of cinnamon sticks and let it boil for a half hour-45 min. After it boils, let it cool for 20 min. Drain it so you only get the juice (pineapple chunks are optional) and put it in the refrigerator to cool. Adding sugar is optional. It makes a really nice summer drink. The aroma from boiling the ingredients creates a delightful scent. It's a little time consuming but worth it.

This antioxidant drink helps increase your body's natural defenses, reduces cholesterol, helps with digestion, cleans out your system & it's yummy. I grew up having this every summer. <3

The only thing I do for my health is drink water. I drink 2 liters to gallon of water everyday. I do not exercise, diet, or take any vitamins or supplements.

I've been biking to work, but summer is coming and I live in Florida, so that's gotta stop.

I stopped eating desserts every night.. it doesn't seem like much, but really helps in the long run. I also stop getting seconds at dinner time, and I don't eat snacks anymore.

I already commented that I've been eating less at dinner but in general, I've been trying to live by the Japanese rule of being 80% full after a meal. This has helped my stomach and me not feeling so bloated and overstuffed after a meal.

Cardio (Mostly DDR and Hiking) and I live off Avocados and Oranges.

Am I doing this right? haha

i drink a bunch of water and tea. i dont add anything into the tea though.
ive been meaning to work out, i just need to make a schedule

I drink a lot of water. I drink so much that people, who know me casually as acquaintances, make fun of me for how much water I drink. I almost never drink anything that's not water. I don't eat red meat. I take multi-vitamins. I eat a lot of fruits, vegetables and nuts. I try not to use tupperware with BPAs. I sleep 7 hours a day. I try to wear sunscreen.

Ooh my mum does the apple cider vinegar thing, but she uses pinapple instead. It tastes awful but I'm trying to get into the habit of drinking it with her.

Been doing some yoga, it's actually quite relaxing and can help with my cramps.

I have low immunity so I take some kind of immune booster or like elderberry capsules every morning. When I remember I also take multi-vitamins. I also have a set of stretches I do (or try to do) everyday, it helps with back pain and such.

As far as skin care which I would say fits here, I always remove my makeup then cleanse, tone and moisturise my face.

Last edited:
Back