• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favourite/Least Favourite School Subject

Corrie

I hear the secrets that you keep...
Peach 🍑
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Pink Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
I'm talking more of the classes in elementary and high school, rather than college or university.

My favourite classes were always computer classes. Least favourite was definitely math. I will always suck at math.

I loved math in high school, and statistics in university.

My least favorite would be anything really science base, history, and financial accounting.

I don't even really remember going to school since I didnt go for long.

Last edited:
You lucky people liking math! ;w;

My favorite was Art, my least favorite was English (hated the teacher).

My favorites are foreign languages, history, psychology, & sociology. In those kinds of classes, I become a teacher's pet. I enjoy how varied they are. I suppose it helps that most of my profs made the class fun and engaging.

Least favorites are probably English, chemistry, law, biology & finance/business. They aren't bad subjects but the topics aren't very interesting to me, especially for English. I love to write but most content classes have for it are incredibly boring.

Favorites were English, Business, and Music Appreciation. Least favorites were Science and Math of any kind lol. Unless the science class had tons of experiments then I loved it.

They aren't bad subjects but the topics aren't very interesting to me, especially for English. I love to write but most content classes have for it are incredibly boring.

I always hated English due to the fact that we had to read really boring books (-shivers- Frankenstein...) and Shakespeare plays. All I wanted to do was write short stories! ;w; I finally got to in College and it was the best class ever! It was a creative writing class that I absolutely adored. I love writing and can never shut up when I type. I found myself having to restrict myself because there was a page limit on our short stories. It was funny. I wrote a short story that was five pages single spaced which turned out to be eight double spaced. The stories needed to be a max of 2 pages double spaced. WHAT. That was SO short!! I struggled but eventually took out words and scenes to shorten it. I got to five pages and then had to give up or the story wouldn't make sense. Luckily my teacher didn't seem to care. It was pretty sweet.

Anyway, sorry, getting so passionate about that class. I really wish they'd teach grammar in grade school English classes. From like, grades 5-12, they literally didn't teach us any grammar. I actually had to look up the difference between its/it's. It's pretty bad. Oh but thank god we read The Merchant of Venice!

I always hated English due to the fact that we had to read really boring books (-shivers- Frankenstein...) and Shakespeare plays. All I wanted to do was write short stories! ;w; I finally got to in College and it was the best class ever! It was a creative writing class that I absolutely adored. I love writing and can never shut up when I type. I found myself having to restrict myself because there was a page limit on our short stories. It was funny. I wrote a short story that was five pages single spaced which turned out to be eight double spaced. The stories needed to be a max of 2 pages double spaced. WHAT. That was SO short!! I struggled but eventually took out words and scenes to shorten it. I got to five pages and then had to give up or the story wouldn't make sense. Luckily my teacher didn't seem to care. It was pretty sweet.

Anyway, sorry, getting so passionate about that class. I really wish they'd teach grammar in grade school English classes. From like, grades 5-12, they literally didn't teach us any grammar. I actually had to look up the difference between its/it's. It's pretty bad. Oh but thank god we read The Merchant of Venice!

Right? English curriculum is incredibly boring and it's no surprise they put people off of reading on their free time. I wouldn't mind English classes if the books assigned were actually interesting that can really spark a discussion like memoirs or politics or something. It doesn't help that most fiction books assigned have insufferable characters and no longer relate to today's society.

I completely relate to limiting your writing! I ran into the same issue. I tend to overwrite as well. Creative Writing classes are so fun in comparison. Short story writing is so challenging. x_x It took a few years to get better at it. Writing drabbles helps imo!

I really enjoy my art and english classes! I've been struggling in ap lit because the teacher grades strictly but the books we read are really interesting! We're reading Heart of Darkness and A Wild Sheep Chase atm. He also gives us hard to grasp texts like Chesterton and Aristotle ;; (at least their somewhat interesting though) As for art, we just relax, eat, and talk with the teacher. :lemon:

My least favorite classes were Chemistry (the teacher didn't teach) and pre-algebra (way back in middle school) because the teacher was literally crazy! She was giving us pre/calculus level problems as "warm-ups" and would get so frustrated/yell at us when we didn't understand a concept. She would also take off .38 or random decimal points off on homework...

Last edited:
Right? English curriculum is incredibly boring and it's no surprise they put people off of reading on their free time. I wouldn't mind English classes if the books assigned were actually interesting that can really spark a discussion like memoirs or politics or something. It doesn't help that most fiction books assigned have insufferable characters and no longer relate to today's society.

I completely relate to limiting your writing! I ran into the same issue. I tend to overwrite as well. Creative Writing classes are so fun in comparison. Short story writing is so challenging. x_x It took a few years to get better at it. Writing drabbles helps imo!

I understand they have to teach the history of English literature so that's fine; boring, but still fine. But why is it that we have to read Shakespeare plays for like, four years in a row? Isn't once just fine so we get the idea? Baaaaah.
As well, they really need to switch up the books. My Dad said that he read the exact same books as I did when he was in high school. Goodness, switch them up a bit maybe?

Hmm, I've never written a drabble before. I'll definitely check it out though! Thank you very much for the advice! :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

My least favorite classes were Chemistry (the teacher didn't teach)

Oh god, don't even get me started on bad teachers. In grade 10, we had a teacher who actually didn't teach. Like, he didn't even TRY. He handed us worksheets and then said "do it" and sat down in his desk, saying nothing for the entire class. I'm not even kidding. It was the weirdest thing.

Eventually, he was sent to the hospital for a heart issue and had the principal fill in for a few months. The principal made us throw out our notes because he was teaching us grade 11/12 science instead of grade 10. It was SO BIZARRE.

I understand they have to teach the history of English literature so that's fine; boring, but still fine. But why is it that we have to read Shakespeare plays for like, four years in a row? Isn't once just fine so we get the idea? Baaaaah.
As well, they really need to switch up the books. My Dad said that he read the exact same books as I did when he was in high school. Goodness, switch them up a bit maybe?

Hmm, I've never written a drabble before. I'll definitely check it out though! Thank you very much for the advice! :D

I asked my younger siblings and they confirmed they're still reading almost the same books. There's a few classics I like but I agree, having classics for the first year of high school or last year of middle school should do enough.

Yeah, no problem! These tumblrs are my favorites and have been helpful.

- Imagine your OTP
- Awesome Writing Prompts
- fyeahcharacterdevelopment

I remember really liking zoology courses and World History courses, but I'll never like Algebra. Ugh, just the word makes me shiver.

My favorite was English and History.

My least favorite was: Anything that has something to do with Math! I hate Math!

Last edited:
I think my favourites were English and Spanish. I hated chemistry.

On my current course... I love microbiology and statistics. Back in August I had my first chemistry class since 2008 and I still don't like it. But I at least get it now. :p

My favourites are photography and history. I really hate maths, it's so boring I can't concentrate.

Last edited:
i think math is ok. im pretty good at it and it makes sense once you understand it.

the worst school subject ever is german idrk why but it just sucks. i hate german so much, thankfully i've taken all the german i need to so i will never ever have to study german again yay

Favourite is probably legal studies. Least favourite is maths.

Back