Tips for buying amiibos

helenkeller

fecal sewage ♥
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I am looking to buy some amiibos online. I don't have a scanner yet but I have one cleo card I got with my new cartridge. What are some good cards to buy, and some popular cards. Also what is the difference between an RV card, and a villager card.. I have the cleo RV card. I know that means I can go to her rv if I scanned it, but what does a normal villager card do? and what are the statues used for?

id love lots of advice and links... I am gonna give it a month of looking into it incase I change my mind..
I honestly would love to play AC for the Gamecube again... Idk

A normal card just allows you to make that villager move into your town. They have no RVs. The welclme amiibo cards (the returning 50 villagers) have RVs and can move into your town.

All I can say is, when it comes to individual cards, if you see something you want for a decent price SNAP. I made a horrible mistake by not buying a set of Sanrio cards for $23 thinking the hype would have died down by now and I could have gotten them cheaper... ha

Are you in North America? I can send you the links to some great Sanrio prices and attempt you to find you decent prices for the cards of your fave normals.

Yes I am in north America.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Funny you say that because I thought the same thing... I was wrong. The highest I seen one Sanrio card go for is 50.

My ER cards my mom and BF threw away, some are going for 30 right now... *sigh* lol

@helenkeller

WHat! That's ridiculous. I recommend signing up for eBay for the cheapest prices.

For getting most of the individual sanrio cards, this is fairly cheaper than what you have mentioned:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Animal-Crossing-Welcome-Amiibo-Cards-NA-SERIES-5-Pick-Choose-FREE-S-H-/222508328482?var=&hash=item33ce87a622:m:md6J4z9aL3Pn3-CSXuXqyDw

The cheapest I've seen is 5.80$ for an individual card (for the less popular ones), and the most expensive from these sellers that I've seen are like $10.00 a card.

Wow really? I am an avid ebay user (my dad sells on there A lot. he takes it seriously. so he does it for me) and the cheapest one I seen was 1.20 each! But then again, I didn't look at the shipping. They didn't look very popular but its a start since I don't have a reader. All I have is an ereader and that's for my gamecube *heh*.
I have a three game stores all within 5 minutes of eachother. I am going to check there. That's where I got my ereader cards when I was ten, for 1 dollar a pack.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have to wait before I can buy anything but it sure gives me time to find a trusted seller so that's why I made this post (and I'm glad I did now). Do you know what the statues are for? I almost bought ables sisters ones at meijers for 1.25 cents each. But then I put them down and walked away because I realized I didn't have a scanner, and the one there was 30$.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Like, its just that I dont get how I can go to Walmart and see amiibo stuff for under ten dollars but if I go online everything is jacked up x2

Last edited:
I saw the ones I want (Francine, Chrissy, Erik, Flora) for $25 without shipping (in canadian dollars). Crazy prices. Sanrio are even more out of my reach.

Last edited:
Oh my god that's a lot for a card!! But I am the girl who pays 20$ for a lipstick so I cant really say anything.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Is 7-10 usd good for cookie?

I would try to find packs. Toys r us seems to always have some in my area. They had a bogo sale on them a couple months ago. My walmart has a few series 1 packs, but TRU seems to have some of S1-4 (although, last time I went in mine, they only had 1, 2, and 4 packs).

I seen amiibos go for very cheap at the store. I might as well go back, I just heard that you can get lots of the same ones in packs you buy, opposed to buying them separately online.

For the Sanrio cards, I got them from game.co.uk for under $20, including the overseas shipping cost. It includes all six cards but none of the stickers. I'm not sure how often they restock, so you might have to check again periodically. And it may be a long wait for them to actually arrive, so keep that in mind if you do order from this website.

As for the amiibo figures, I see them on clearance sale for, like, $4 in Gamestop. And just look for sales and combo deals from different shops you visit. Price match is your friend. And some used amiibos are in clear bags/boxes so you can inspect it for anything off or deal-breaking (e.g. paint scratches or misprinting, cracks, etc).

- - - ★ - - -

All of the Animal Crossing amiibos, except for the Welcome Amiibo (RV) cards, are compatible with Happy Home Designer to either decorate that character's house or invite them to a finished house.

Regular villager cards can be used to get a villager to move into your ACNL town.

Welcome Amiibo (RV) cards are used to get discontinued villagers from the previous games to visit your RV camp, where you can order their furniture and exclusive items or invite them to live in your town.

The amiibo figures can be used to get an NPC to enter your RV camp or so you can get a gift from them (NPC pics).

Thank you for all that information!

So I have one Cleo RV card. Her character has been cut off from new leaf? I didn't know that was a character they took off the game? Like shes been here since the GC, maybe even since dobutsu no mori..... :/

You're welcome!

I... I believe so. You have me second guessing. haha. But I'm pretty sure that's the case. I think they take some villagers out every new game.

If you are looking to collect AC amiibo cards and can find packs at retail prices either online or at local stores, I would recommend buying them and trading your doubles or unwanted cards online. Some cards like: Stitches, Julian, Lolly, Merengue, Whitney, Ankha, Vivian, Dobie and Ketchup can go for $15-$20 individually on ebay.

The series 1-4 packs are fairly easy to find, but the WA/RV cards are scarce online and in a lot of retail stores. The Sanrio cards are very expensive in North America, they were only released in the UK and Japan. I had a friend in Belgium find me a Sanrio pack last month for 10 Euro and we traded for a ps4 game (on sale for $11) that wasn't released in the UK, so I lucked out there.

Back