• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favorite Animal Crossing Title? (Main Series)

Which one?

• Animal Crossing (AC)

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Animal Crossing Wild World (ACWW)

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Animal Crossing City Folk (ACCF)

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Animal Crossing New Leaf (ACNL)

Votes: 45 81.8%

• Total voters

Flare

Cherry 🍒
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7087-8935-1983
We've played Animal Crossing and enjoy it very much, but which one is your favorite?

I like New Leaf since it's calming and relaxing. :)

Last edited:
I have a very hard time choosing between Animal Crossing on the GCN and New Leaf.

I started out with the former, and have played it a ton, so the nostalgia factor is HUGE. Also, it was originally an N64 game. Who could pass that up?

But at the same time, New Leaf has tons of new features that are a huge step up from previous AC games, like being able to choose the location of your house and the ability to change more than just your shirt, hat, and accessory.

Lol for some reason I feel like I would be a noob to pick New Leaf... but omg I can't pick!! >_>

I think each title has it's own charm but if I had to choose, probably New Leaf. I've put in the most effort into it and I played it the most. I do think fondly of the Gamecube one though. It was the first one I got into and I still remember so much about it even though it's been years since I've played. Even my brother remembers a lot the game and he doesn't play AC. I loved the minigames they let you play on the console items. Luckily, they added minigames with the new update but it would be fun to play those old Nintendo titles again. They sell those on the eShop so it's unlikely we'll see them again.

I have them all but mostly only played Wild World and New Leaf, and as much as I love Wild World...ACNL is the best one imo.

I played all but the wii version, and ACNL is by far the best version. Everything is so clean and works perfectly whereas the other ones have some interface problems and less features.

new leaf is the best game, it just adds so much gameplay and stuff. tho i love city folk because i played it so much when i was younger.

My favorite is City Folk.

The City, the Marquee, Redd's shot, the auction house, the HHA music, what is there not to love?

What about animal forest e+ released in Japan?
Hmm... I think it's similar in function like the original AC. :eek:
Also, there aren't many people who can have access to it, so that's why I didn't include it. I'll definitely remake a poll if some would wish to see it added. :)

Lol wow,you would think the other ones would get some votes based on how so many people mourn over them

All of the games have their own quirkiness and memories attached to them and each one of them has been my favourite at one time or another. I have to agree with others that New Leaf is the better game at the moment, and I would possibly..hopefully...say that about the switch version if/when they make it. Generally newer games are just smoother, have more features and look neater than older games.

I like having the island back again and being able to customise my house and town more. There are a lot of things I would still add to a newer version of the game, though.

Kind of tough to say my personal favorite, actually.

New Leaf is obviously objectively the best game in the series. However, I personally didn't enjoy it as much as the GCN version. I acknowledge this is because AC:GCN was a fresh concept to me when it came out, and also it was during a time where I didn't have access to internet and video games were a lot bigger deal to me. So I tend to just say New Leaf, but personally it probably still has to be GCN.

Although I have all sorts of nostalgia attached to Wild World, New Leaf is my favourite game of the series. They added a bunch of new details and improvements to the game, and although the dialogue in Wild World was far better than in New Leaf, as well as a few other things, I think New Leaf is generally the best of the series.

My first title was ACWW and I spent a lot of hours on this game
However my favourite is ACNL and I think it's really the best title of the series

I've only ever played ACNL so I'd have to vote for that. However, there are so many features in previous games that I would have loved to be included in ACNL. It's sad to see good ideas being left behind :(

for me its city folk, while new leaf has added so many things to the game i like, it also made it way too easy to earn bells, which makes the game too easy and have less incentive to play more :(
so hopefully for the next game they make it so you cant earn a ton of bells off the island

Personal favorite is Wild World, but there's no denying that New Leaf is superior.

I'll say New Leaf, but the GameCube one for nostalgia reasons. So many good childhood memories of it that lead me to love the series today.

I'm currently playing the GameCube one again and it's enjoyable for nostalgic reasons, but I voted for New Leaf.

The game has been polished and improved in every way for me. I look forward to what's next! ;)

Nostalgia says Wild World... But New Leaf is waaay better, the best of the series.

Back