Favorite Animal Crossing Title? (Main Series)

Which one?

• Animal Crossing (AC)

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Animal Crossing Wild World (ACWW)

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Animal Crossing City Folk (ACCF)

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Animal Crossing New Leaf (ACNL)

Votes: 45 81.8%

• Total voters
I have to say New Leaf, however the gamecube version has so many great memories for me. My son got me into it, and we would play all the time. It was so much fun. Now he's older and has other interests. I wish my daughter would play New Leaf with me. It's such a fun game to play with loved ones.

My favourite title is ACWW, just because of nostalgia goggles tbh. It was the game I used to invest most of my time into when I was younger, and I'd play it for hours on end. With games like city folk, I didn't feel that same connection and I can't play it for more than 2 hours or less without getting bored or restless. The dialogue in ACWW is also the dialogue I enjoy the most. It feels more personal because sometimes they'll mention family members. In ACWW, they feel more like humans than animals. But in city folk they all pretty much say the same thing over and over. Imo in city folk, you could never really be sure if you had a good relationship with a villager or not, because they'd all have the same repetitive dialogue. But in wild world you could.

Ah yes it's that time to hate on New Leaf and wax nostalgia for all the other older games.

It's ok. I feel for you. Nostalgia is a powerful feeling.

I say these next words from experience - I've played them all during the times when they were released. I've come back and played them all - more than once.
I have a copy of every game right now and could play any of them at any time. They have all been great with various features. And I've played the older titles. They're great, but New Leaf has so much that many naysayers take for granted.

New Leaf is the greatest AC achievement to date - especially after the update (paths blocking plots!)

I'm super excited for the next full AC game. I'm patient!

Back