• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Concept: Animal Crossing, but with apartments

milesupshur

Walrider
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I was originally brainstorming with a friend of mine about a new Animal Crossing game.
While talking, I thought of an apartment, and my friend added on to it!

So here's the general concept;

You are looking to buy a new apartment, such as moving in, so it gives you the resemblance of moving into your town/house. You meet Tom Nook, he's the landlord/apartment owner, and he gladly gives you the choice of your room, but first you must speak the receptionist, Isabelle! After talking with Isabelle and figuring out your name, date of birth, apartment name, etc... you finally are able to choose your apartment number.

I was thinking of having the Apartment levels be various arrangements, such as some having pools or something like that. So it gives a sense of options and allows the player to choose things they enjoy about said map, like in new leaf.

After you choose your level, you choose your room. I was thinking of having four rooms to accommodate four different villagers/players. Along with that, to give it ties back to the original game when you had to choose out of the four houses.

Once you've chosen your room, you must greet your new neighbors. Which are the villagers!

Like with your house, you can pay off your apartment to renovate and add rooms. And maybe change the interior settings (like room placement etc) for vast sums of money, so it gives it more option and change.

I was also thinking that to visit other players, you take the elevator to a different floor! Which I thought would be adorable.

Feel free to add on or edit/change anything! I just wanted to vent out some thoughts about this concept!

Could you travel outside the apartment o:? Like -be able to go fishing and bug hunting?

Could you travel outside the apartment o:? Like -be able to go fishing and bug hunting?

Yeah! I was thinking more of a city folk vibe, just living in the city. Maybe expand the locations you can go, take a bus to the woods!

- - - Post Merge - - -

sounds like tomodachi life...

Wasn't my intent, but I value Animal Crossing much more than tomodachi life

I actually had an idea very similar to this. I'm not so sure about it now, but I wouldn't mind it happening.

I'd rather have a house. It's meant to be rural. Not urban.

I can't stand the city, IRL.
I live in a rural area.
Nice and peaceful.

That'd be adorable. I'd love to see an Animal Crossing game where it combines the best of New Leaf and Happy Home Designer with amiibo festival graphics. The dream *o*

In HHD, I did something similar by unofficially being roommates with a villager. I'd decorate their house with three rooms with each of us having our own room and the extra room being a main living room/kitchen. :)

I would prefer an appartment building for NPCs. I think it would be cute to be able to go visit Isabelle's house.

I think it would be good but in it's own spin-off. Animal Crossing in so good because, as someone already pointed out, it's rural (sort of). Part of the reason it's due to the usage of animals and all the activities you can do outdoor (fishing, bug cathing, gardening). But still the idea is good, would totally try a spin off title with that concept.

Back