Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
White Cosmos
Red Cosmos
It seems like whenever I am placing a new PWP, Isabelle seems to think I mean a spot away from where I'm standing. It is so frustrating. I cannot tell at times if it's in the right place because of trees or objects blocking my view, and I absolutely hate placing it, having to cancel it, and wait until the next day.

Just now Isabelle chose the wrong spot and destroyed one of my perfect apple trees. She didn't even say "We'd have to remove any shrubbery or plants in the way" (or whatever she says). I'm so frustrated with her!

What I like to do when she says "Is this where you want to place it?" and you can't quite tell if she's removing plant-life, is place some paths down on the ground on what's approximately the size of the PWP. If your PWP doesn't cover all of the paths then it's in the wrong spot.

That's such a good idea! I'll definitely do that tomorrow. I hate wasting days and plants because of her incompetence lol

don't they show you a little preview picture? although i guess it's not always accurate about what it'll replace...

I'm pretty sure she sets it up where she's standing. That's how I always did it.
Diagrams always help me, I'll let "I" represent Isabelle and open/close brackets represents a space.

for a 1x1 PWP

For a 1x2 PWP

[ ]

For a 2x2 PWP

[ ][ ]
[ ]

For a 2x3 PWP

[ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ]

For a 3x3 PWP

[ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ]

(Also centered for any PWPs 5 spaces wide: [ ][ ][ ][ ])

Bridges are pretty similar, Lloid will be set up on the left hand side of where your bridge would be.

Last edited:
This just happened with me and the cafe. I wanted to put in a spot where it was centered between the east beach and my town hall and further back so I can build a path. She keep putting it too close to town hall. I had to cancel the project then placed markers so when it showed the preview, I can see if it was lining up with the markers I placed. Eventually it cooperated and my cafe ended up where I wanted it.

Also, I save before starting a new project, that way if the project gets placed in a spot where I don't want or I don't like the location, and I end up having to cancel donations, I just shut the game down without saving, that way I don't have to wait a day to start a new project. i only do this for projects that can't be demolished, like the campsite, cafe or police station

Last edited:
I can't stand Isabelle to the point where I turn the sound off, so I can't hear her, or else I'd hurl my DS into a wall, and thump her a few times with the Toy Hammer. Also it's fun to trap her by digging holes.

She puts the kibosh on EVERY PWP I have ever attempted.

Last edited:
Don't even get me started on this topic. I could probably rant for hours about this, but I'll keep it chill.

First off, why does Isabelle even have the authority to tell you ehat to do. YOU are the mayor, so you should have to tell here what to do. I thought the mayor is in charge...

Second, why does is even matter. Did Nintendo find a way to blame the storage for this.

Third, why does Isabelle even have to come out with you to decide. This topic has made me so mad these days, that I can't even look at Isabelle anymore.

YES!

She is the REAL Mayor.
We're just the bank that pays for everything.

I WANT to work on holidays.
It's MY town!

Isabelle... You're FIRED!

YES!

She is the REAL Mayor.
We're just the bank that pays for everything.

I WANT to work on holidays.
It's MY town!

Isabelle... You're FIRED!

That's another thing. I'd flood the world with tears of joy if we had the ability to fire Isabelle.

I am the mayor. I make Isabelle put PWP's where I want them, within the game guidelines, of course. I have been pushing her around to position her and myself (my mayor ;) ) so that she says yes, for the year I have been playing. You can do it, too! She is there to help...make her do it!

Several of these suggestions really helped me even more this morning to more easily get my fountain exactly where I wanted it. Yes, it took several tries, but it's done. I did put down the paths (Bazinga) to show the size of the fountain. That was great!

The advice about the PWP ending up being one block behind (BluebellLight) is a very helpful tip, too, but I still haven't quite figured out if it is behind Isabelle or the mayor. Gotta pay closer attention. Those diagrams (Nooblord) are going to be extremely helpful next project two days from now. (Gotta demolish and move a bench.)

I wish I had reviewed these suggestions before going forward, though. I read them yesterday. :blush: I forgot to save b4 (Happy Tails) and on the first try I couldn't see it exactly in the preview (Charcolor) because of trees in the way, so I said yup prematurely. Rats! But I went ahead and quit w/o saving and lost a couple hours of other work like digging fossils, catching a shark for Meow coupons, etc. I won't forget that again! Not having to pay for the project, wait a day for it to be complete, another day to demolish it and then another day to build it in the right place was worth it! (Someone please inform me here, I get the sense that a project can be cancelled midway?)

Jon and Alien, sorry, you mostly just ranted, which I don't mind, because I do, too, sometimes, and it helps to have this safe place to rant, but, really, we can't blame Isabel, can we? She isn't in control, she just likes to act like she is. We mayors make the final decisions and have to take responsibility for them, right? ;)

Thanks to all of you, you made my play easier. Thanks, shrekluvsme, for starting this fun and informative thread!

PS There is a fun rant thread right now in this forum! It's still on page one!

Last edited:
I was having trouble getting PWPs exactly where I wanted so I just persisted with Isabelle, slowly shuffling around until I found the sweet spot.

She wouldn't agree to having my new fountain dead centre in front of the town hall for a while until I got either myself or her in the correct position.

A slight nudge to the left or right can work wonders. ;)

I was having trouble getting PWPs exactly where I wanted so I just persisted with Isabelle, slowly shuffling around until I found the sweet spot.

She wouldn't agree to having my new fountain dead centre in front of the town hall for a while until I got either myself or her in the correct position.

A slight nudge to the left or right can work wonders. ;)

Yes! Exactly! Thanks, Garrett!

I did the old two-step shuffle with Isabelle today to get my floral clock exactly where I wanted it, dead centre in front of the caf?.

She refused for the longest time but with a bit of nudging and pushing, she eventually agreed it was the perfect spot. The funny thing was that the final place I was standing looked too far back and off-centre but when she showed me the visualisation it was perfect!

Yeah, Isabelle messed up one of the bridges in my second town. I thought it was going where I wanted it, but she put it in the wrong place. :( I haven't torn it down yet because I need a bridge going over to that side of town and I don't have a lot of money to rebuild a new one. I love Isabelle, but she can be so frustrating sometimes.

Back