• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Town map reset frustrations! :D

Chibii

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Just curious (to those who reset their town map to get a different layout) what your lil' frustrations were on your resetting adventures!

Mine were the following:

#1: Had a super nice layout but there was my mortal enemy, the train station pond. I don't want that thing in front of me station.

#2: Station/town hall color frustrations. I consider myself a bit of a perfectionist and solely seek blue/green stations or blue/purple-brown-ish town halls...

#3: Perfect town layout but rocks ruined everything. /shakes fist

#4: Resetting my town and having moved my fav villager to a friends' only to find a nice map with m'darling in it as well. This isn't much of a frustration as much as one would consider lucky, but still... lmfao.

#5: Again, nice town layout but some poophead villager has their house on the spot that I wanted to put my house on.

Pretty sure those are some common frustrations with most but let me hear some of yours! ~(o3o)~

I hate when the ramp is just barely misaligned with the dock, but it can be too hard to tell by just looking at the map, so I end up choosing the town and being horribly disappointed

Soo many frustrations. I feel your pain. I'm so glad I've decided to stick with my current town no matter what because map picking is ludicrous when you're a perfectionist with it. Getting everything you want in the same combination of one town is like trying to win the lotto.

Train station and town hall roof colours were important to me, particularly the former. I like the dark brown/red design as it resembles wood (which then resembles a real life old fashioned train station). Can't stand the green or blue versions especially since they also colour the interior beams (where the town flag hangs inside the station).

I really didn't want a river that left a super thin strip of land that one couldn't do anything with.

I had like a hundred other pieces of criteria which I don't care to remember LOL.

Whenever I reset for a map, some of my frustrations are:

The map is perfect but a dreamie is already living there, in a terrible spot too. Or in general, a dreamie is already living there which isn't practical because I prefer to choose where my villagers (dreamies) live using the plot reset method.

The map has a pond infront of the train station which you guessed it, there's a rock infront of my train station.

The map has a plaza in the middle but it's not aligned with the train station. I'm not sure if it's even possible to get a map that's set up like that.

Rocks that are infront of the plaza and not behind. It helps a lot when i'm landscaping around the plaza to have rocks that are behind, so that inconsistencies with the landscaping aren't too noticeable.

Perfect map, but not a perfect town fruit. I came across so many towns where they had what I was looking for but had pears or oranges as the town fruit. I prefer to get fruit that I didn't have in my last town as my native.

More than one pond. I think the more ponds you have, the more rocks you get so I always aim to have no more than one pond.

RV campgrounds that aren't in the top corner of town. I prefer the RV campground to be on the right, but I don't mind as long as it's in the top corner. I feel like they look more cosy at the top corner of town.

At first I hadn't really anything I wanted or something, I just started with the first map I got.
Now with my second town I wanted apples as my native fruit, a river layout that I liked, circle grass, a private beach and I good place for my retail and townhall and I got everything!

The town hall not being above town tree.
Not having a left to right train vs right to left
Finding a river with horizontal waterfall
Rocks. Uhg.
Secret beach. Like I don't want it.
Cherry as town fruit.

I actually gave up getting my perfect map and settled. I love my current map but trying to get a good map is so difficult.

I have a pond in front of the station in TheRealm. I built my mayor's house right in front of it so now it's like a lake house!

I think with a little imagination and good planning, any map can be beautiful.

WeeHaven%20Update.jpg

Back