• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Should I restart my town?

Solstisia

Bells
Here is why I would like to:
- I only like 1 villager (mitzi)
-Villagers built their houses in the worst places
-Hate the map
-Dont like some of the public works projects
-Flowers are not colour coded

1. You can always get new villagers.
2. Lay QR patterns down where you don't want them to move on to, until you've got them where you want them. Then get rid of the QR.
3. Is the map that bad?
4. Demolish the PWP's you don't like, and build new ones.
5. Plant/grow different flowers.

^_^

You can restart your town... or, I can give you some viable alternatives. :)

-"I only like one villager (mitzi)" Get the other villagers to move out and take your chances with the void. You might find a villager you like who you never heard of. Or, get the other villagers to move out and find a camper you like by camper resetting; get the camper to move in.
-"Villagers built their houses in the worst places." Well you only like one villager, right? Get the others to move out, then lay paths everywhere except the places you want your new villagers to move in.
-"Hate the map" Can't really help you there. I'd need screenshots of your map in order to correctly asses how bad it is, but good landscaping can fix that.
-"Don't like some of the public works projects" Knock them down and get a villager to suggest you some better ones.
-"Flowers are not colour coded" Go to the island and find some flowers that would match other flowers nicely by touring. You can't get colour coded flowers without putting in effort, no matter how much you reset.

Resetting won't fix all of your problems, but a creative mind will.

Yeah I was typing while eating so it took me a while and when I published it, I didn't see your response until it was too late lol.

Unless you scanned the villagers in via amiibo, they won't be there forever. Besides, should the villagers you don't like move out you can always buy or trade for the villagers that you do want in town on here. Again villagers building their houses in terrible places shouldn't matter either, as the majority aren't permanent considering you only like Mitzi. (unless Mitzi is in a bad place) However, disliking your map is something you can't change so i'd say go ahead and reset and take your time when searching. When you've had as many towns as I have you start to realize what you like in a map and what you don't, so i'd think about what you don't like about your current and then look for a map with the stuff you do like. Good luck. :)

I'm actually giving you the opposite advice. Reset. Sometimes a fresh start and a general plan for town makes it so you can pick a better map. Sometimes frustration will block you until you reset and get rid of those feelings and replace them with excitement. Just my advice. I felt similar with my town of two years. Reset. Everything is better. It wasn't my town was bad. It was just reworking it and getting into a rut so so so many times. I needed a situation where my town was fresh to get new ideas.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Obviously get some ideas for your new town and find inspiration if you go that route.

Back