• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Things you didn't know about forever?

Yesterday during the Bug off I just noticed that the villagers were actually trying to catch the bugs!!!! Not just holding the net!!!
I saw Marshal doing that action first, like us when we hold the A button trying to catch a bug. And I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me but he actually followed the bug. They all looked so cute. I then followed & observed Punchy, and he failed to catch the bug and he did the shocked emote. I can't believe I'm just seeing this. I did not know! Also because before, during the bug off I often spend my time catching on the island, but this time around I just gave Natt my bugs from my inventory so I spent a lot of time in my town.

It was so funny when Muffy was trying to catch a bug, but I accidentally pressed A and talked to her & she got upset. She was screaming WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS I'M CATCHING A BUG, then the usual upset emote. I love the bug off now omg.
Oh my god, I saw Lucky doing the same thing yesterday as well. I almost never play during the Bug Off, so this was a new experience for me as well.

I learned from a YouTuber i watched that if you rebury a pit fall seed and keep it buried, no other pit falls will spawn in your town, as long as that pit fall stays buried. Its a very useful thing to know especially if you just want to fossil hunt without falling into pit falls

Last edited:
I learned from a YouTuber i watched that if you rebury a pit fall seed and keep it buried, no other pit falls will spawn in your town, as long as that pit fall stays buried. Its a very useful thing to know especially if you just want to fossil hunt without falling into pit falls

I just did that today! I have the river come up very high when it goes into the ocean so it creates this little beach that I never visit.
So I buried my pitfall there and added a little palm tree for decoration and to make it less visible. - now life in my town will be a little more peaceful♥︎

I never realized that the reason why the player would sometimes leave their house, sweat, and fan themselves with their hand was because they were wearing warm clothing during the summer. Someone pointed it out to me, because I had recently thought that it was from playing the game for too long or something.

I just love this thread... so many nice things to discover!

Something small: I just bought a piano today and placed it in my room. When you press A) your character plays one note, but its not the same each time and its not just a musical scale either. If you stand there and spam A) you will play a little melody. It doesnt seem like the tune has a specific start, its more like a loop and you continue where you left off. I can?t tell if it resets to a certain point after leaving the room though...

Last edited:
omgs when you invite cyrus to your rv campsite, cutie wisp shows up in retail awhhhhhh.

you can vist katrina in dreams

although I've only done this in a hacked dream town with katrin on the beach

I just love this thread... so many nice things to discover!

Something small: I just bought a piano today and placed it in my room. When you press A) your character plays one note, but its not the same each time and its not just a musical scale either. If you stand there and spam A) you will play a little melody. It doesnt seem like the tune has a specific start, its more like a loop and you continue where you left off. I can?t tell if it resets to a certain point after leaving the room though...

If you play while villagers are in the room, they'll applaud your performance!

This isn't that major, but I just discovered that you can tell what clothes will be sold tomorrow at Able Sisters by looking at what Sable is working on.

Wow, really?! I never noticed lol.

I couldn't figure out why my new character kept hearing owls when she was playing, and my Mayor never did. I finally realized that if you don't check the bulletin board until evening, the yellow birds are replaced with an owl who sits on top of the board to tell you about new notices!

I couldn't figure out why my new character kept hearing owls when she was playing, and my Mayor never did. I finally realized that if you don't check the bulletin board until evening, the yellow birds are replaced with an owl who sits on top of the board to tell you about new notices!

Oh thats cool! For some reason I thought that owl meant that you didn?t check a lot of messages (kind of like the post box moving faster and making more noise if its overflowing). But it makes much more sense that this is just because of the time.

Last edited:
Today I learned that different music plays at the Nooklings’ store 10 minutes before closing. It’s really pretty, but also kinda sad. At 9, they kick you out of the store.

Ok I have a few:

•For a long time I thought you were able to catch those little yellow birds that appear on main street (and now the campground). I used to have Robin in an old town and she had a bird cage, which made me believe this lie even more.

•Do you know when villagers have fleas on them and say stuff like “itchhhy” and “NO MORE” ? Well apparently you can actually CATCH the flea

•Ok so, you know when you start a new file and then you gotta go through the process of placing your house? Well apparently if you find a place close enough to a pwp Tom Nook can actually take it down. I found this out the hard way. Wasted me many bells. I did not like it.

*VILLAGER MISTAKES*
•I thought Lucha was a jock (he is a smug)
•I thought Drake was a jock (he is a lazy)
•I thought Muffy was snooty (she was an uchi)
•I thought Tammy was an snooty (she was an uchi)
•I thought Mitzi was a peppy for a little bit, and then I realized she was a normal (kind of an underrated cat btw, I quite like her.)

Last edited:
•Do you know when villagers have fleas on them and say stuff lien “itchhhy” and “NO MORE” ? Well apparently you can actually CATCH the flea

I try to catch them when I see that happen because I can?t bear to let them suffer ....poor Molly seems to be the victim most of the time, they probably go for her because she?s so cute and tiny...

Last edited:
*VILLAGER MISTAKES*
?I thought Lucha was a jock (he is a smug)
?I thought Drake was a jock (he is a lazy)
?I thought Muffy was snooty (she was an uchi)
?I thought Tammy was an snooty (she was an uchi)
?I thought Mitzi was a peppy for a little bit, and then I realized she was a normal (kind of an underrated cat btw, I quite like her.)

If you thought you made horrible villager mistakes, I got some more here.

- I mistook Agent S as a male (can you blame me? She wears a helmet that hides her identity, making it hard to tell if she really is a female).
- I somehow called Celia as in Ciela (see-ye-luh)
- I mispronounced Jacques' name for at least a year! Apparently, I heard that you don't pronounce the s at the end.
- I also thought at first that Jacques was a penguin.

I just found out there are different patterns for grass. My town has triangles, but I believe there are also squares and circles (not counting the patterns for winter/snow)

I catch them, too, and the lazy villagers then often buy them.

I don't understand how the frogs and penguins get them--Flo, Jambette, Wart, Jr! You guys don't even have fur, what gives?!

Back