• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Things you didn't know about forever?

I had no idea until trying to complete the catalogue that Labelle would become nicer to you if you bought an item from her every day.

I didn’t know how to fish until 1 or 2 years after I got the game, then one of my friends in the game told me how then I was like, oh that’s it?

Instead of ?Thanks.? We get ?please come again!?, ?I?m sure that would look wonderful on you!? ?What are your thoughts about it?? And I?m pretty sure like Gracie, we eventually get two mannequins from her.

The Wikia states:

?In New Leaf, she has a more restrained, coy personality. Her personality becomes more affable as the player increases their patronage in her accessory shop.?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/66838487

I sold my town and restarted just last month, so I have especially noticed this. She?s actually very kind once you get to know her/she warms up to you.

Last edited:
Also realized, there's a great way to life-hack the PWP diving trick.

Went to celebrate the street lamp project at 7am game time, and the only one that attended was Mitzi.

So!

Celebrate a PWP at the unique waking time/still awake hours of a particular personality (crankies are up late into the night, say.) to draw them out of their house. Go diving, come out, find them with the Megaphone (unless you don't mind trapping them with holes) and run by them. You should have a LOT less competition in potential PWP requests from other personalities you don't need, if you're needing a specific kind! :'D

Ta-da!

(I have no idea how I thought of that. I literally got the worst sleep last night, was up for no reason for two solid hours in the wee am and woke up with a terrible back ache. But I'm functioning pretty well now. 8'D)

Also realized, there's a great way to life-hack the PWP diving trick.

Went to celebrate the street lamp project at 7am game time, and the only one that attended was Mitzi.

So!

Celebrate a PWP at the unique waking time/still awake hours of a particular personality (crankies are up late into the night, say.) to draw them out of their house. Go diving, come out, find them with the Megaphone (unless you don't mind trapping them with holes) and run by them. You should have a LOT less competition in potential PWP requests from other personalities you don't need, if you're needing a specific kind! :'D

Ta-da!

(I have no idea how I thought of that. I literally got the worst sleep last night, was up for no reason for two solid hours in the wee am and woke up with a terrible back ache. But I'm functioning pretty well now. 8'D)

LOL Coincidentally... you know Shari herself that you're going to adopt? I'm currently working for her to suggest the damn Wisteria Trellis before she goes. I stayed up all night for her as she's awake until 3am. I had to reset each time I get a pwp suggestion I didn't want yesterday and repeatedly done the diving trick. Still, she didn't.

LOL Coincidentally... you know Shari herself that you're going to adopt? I'm currently working for her to suggest the damn Wisteria Trellis before she goes. I stayed up all night for her as she's awake until 3am. I had to reset each time I get a pwp suggestion I didn't want yesterday and repeatedly done the diving trick. Still, she didn't.

AAAaa@ck that hurt.

Gosh dang it Shari.

Farm her as long as you need to. >:'o None of my Uchis have ever cooperated either, don't feel bad.

AAAaa@ck that hurt.

Gosh dang it Shari.

Farm her as long as you need to. >:'o None of my Uchis have ever cooperated either, don't feel bad.

After about 5 tries again, she suggested a geyser. I mean not bad, but it's too similar to the zen garden & hot spring I just got. I give up.

And re: Labelle. Oh, well she's been nice to me. I just didn't notice lol.

If you write a letter to a villager, never send it and then they move out, move back in, (and you still have it in your letters) Pelly won't accept it. You have to 'change addressee' to the same Villager again. Weird, but true. Makes me think each of the appearances of villagers each carry their own individual code? Who knows.

If you write a letter to a villager, never send it and then they move out, move back in, (and you still have it in your letters) Pelly won't accept it. You have to 'change addressee' to the same Villager again. Weird, but true. Makes me think each of the appearances of villagers each carry their own individual code? Who knows.

How did you discover this? Does this have any practical value, or affect the comings and goings of villagers?

Whaaaat?! Can you actually catch anything?

no, no fish show up, but you can throw your rod in there

- - - Post Merge - - -

The better way to catch bees (imo). I've always followed this guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iFLU0sVv3k but it's much easier to catch the bees before they leave the beehive. I started doing this a couple of days ago and it has worked everytime!

now you can shake trees while holding a one handed item, so you can just hold the net while you shake the tree and then immediately catch the bees

How did you discover this? Does this have any practical value, or affect the comings and goings of villagers?

By pure circumstance. I wrote a letter to a villager welcoming them to town. I was going around doing so many other things and never got to the post office. They had moved out, so I saved the letter because I knew I wanted them back. I scanned in their Amiibo card, and tried to send it to them (actually do it this time). Pelly took the letter, but handed it back saying the resident didn't live here anymore, which was odd. I'm not sure if it affects anything, or has any value, but it was an interesting discovery.

I know that if you time travel before burying a time capsule, you know longer have the option to bury it and it becomes like a regular letter (with the same capsule icon). The villager doesn't even mention it anymore.

Last edited:
Also...

If you throw beans at another player, their eyes do this weird 'doi' thing for a split second. It was a good laugh when my sibling and I found this out.

And you don't have to refresh at your gates when waiting for another player to open. It'll automatically appear when connected.
(Just found this out okay don't judge me.)

I only recently realized you can jump off a cliff into the water, if you have a wet suit. This saves a BUNCH of time, around 20 or so seconds in my town.

Apparently the whirlpool bath is only available at Club Tortimer and worth 70 medals that's crazy didn't even know they can cost that high. Kept leaving the island hoping I'd see one but then I can't even afford lol.

I just learned the other day that if you have 3 bridges built that your villagers won't suggest new bridge pwps. So that evening I spent doing the diving trick with Murphy trapped between his and his neighbors house was just torture for both of us!

There goes the 12 hours I spent trying to get the modern bridge.

I recently learnt that Gracie is supposed to be a male (and is, in Japan) but was changed to female in the western region. Same with Sahara I think. I mean, Sahara even has the male voice. I dont understand why they made these changes for the western region...

Maybe someone already said this, but I found out yesterday, that if you have already laid out all your paths, and then you decide you want to change your path pattern - you don't have to manually erase the tiles and then manually lay all the new tiles in their place. You can just drag the new pattern on top of the current pattern and click "copy" and it'll change all those paths automatically. This is a HUGE time saver. I had no idea, until I accidentally did it to one of my patterns yesterday. lol Not sure if this is common knowledge, but it was new to me.

i spent 4+ hours redoing all of my paths
i feel like i should be wearing a dunce cap rn

Back