• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Things you didn't know about forever?

I honestly never really bothered with planting anything but fruit trees and I'm pretty unobservant in general - I only recently found out that you can't plant cedar trees in the lower half of your towns.

Not sure if mentioned (although with how long this thread is it probably was) I didn't know that you could plant trees and bushes without digging a hole first :0 I discovered it completely by accident lol. It saved SO MUCH TIME of time for me for trying to become a forest town!

Not sure if mentioned (although with how long this thread is it probably was) I didn't know that you could plant trees and bushes without digging a hole first :0 I discovered it completely by accident lol. It saved SO MUCH TIME of time for me for trying to become a forest town!

I always forget I can do this! It's just instinct to dig holes first :p

I played for like one month or so before I discovered by accident you could plant FLOWERS without digging a hole first. Yes, I always used the shovel to plant them down ;v;
I still dig holes for trees, since that way you can control better where they'll go. With the flowers, if they go somewhere else it's easy to pick them up again. :)

Today I learned that if you're visiting someone's town, and there's people there that you're not friends with, you can add them as friends without even having to type in their friend code! They get added to your 3DS friend list and everything :eek:

So Brewster hasn't been letting me work and I realized the other day: he does that (I think) because during October Jack shows up at the beginning and the game counts that as a holiday for some reason because I've noticed that even my mayor can't work. None of my characters can. Even on days there is NOTHING going on and it's not past 11 pm.

Can anyone else confirm this? I'm pretty sure it's because of Jack. I can't think of another reason...

So Brewster hasn't been letting me work and I realized the other day: he does that (I think) because during October Jack shows up at the beginning and the game counts that as a holiday for some reason because I've noticed that even my mayor can't work. None of my characters can. Even on days there is NOTHING going on and it's not past 11 pm.

Can anyone else confirm this? I'm pretty sure it's because of Jack. I can't think of another reason...
Yes its because of Jack being able to appear to all characters during this time - any you load up or make.
So for the first week in October no one able to work in the caf?, but you can still drink coffee.

Yes its because of Jack being able to appear to all characters during this time - any you load up or make.
So for the first week in October no one able to work in the caf?, but you can still drink coffee.

Oh, I see! So this is way I haven't been getting Redd or Gulliver too! I did get campers twice, but no other events... thank you for clarifying! :)

I didn't know about the King Tut mask decreasing your luck (for a while i didn't understand luck at all, haha). I also didn't know that Cyrus will swap out a custom design on a piece of furniture that already has one immediately and for free.

You know how you need to take your DS in your pocket or purse so it can record your steps on the pedometer to get coins to buy fortune cookies for prizes in Nooks store? NO, you don't!! Just sit in your chair with your DS at your home screen and simulate walking by gently tapping your DS back and forth on your upholstered arm of your chair. It only takes a few minutes to record two hundred steps for 2 coins. Haha! I wouldn't even want the coins anymore, but those puppy ornaments are so darn cute! I now have at least one in almost every room of my four characters houses...and I'm a cat person. LOL!

You know how you need to take your DS in your pocket or purse so it can record your steps on the pedometer to get coins to buy fortune cookies for prizes in Nooks store? NO, you don't!! Just sit in your chair with your DS at your home screen and simulate walking by gently tapping your DS back and forth on your upholstered arm of your chair. It only takes a few minutes to record two hundred steps for 2 coins. Haha! I wouldn't even want the coins anymore, but those puppy ornaments are so darn cute! I now have at least one in almost every room of my four characters houses...and I'm a cat person. LOL!

oh ma days thank you so much I do not go out much

I started a second town recently and discovered that you can circumnavigate the first iteration of the Nookling shop. I run around it at least once every time I go onto main street since finding out I could do that. (No, it's nothing special, it's sort of like being able to cast your line into the pond by the museum, but I'm taking full advantage until Leif opens up shop 😂)

I started a second town recently and discovered that you can circumnavigate the first iteration of the Nookling shop. I run around it at least once every time I go onto main street since finding out I could do that. (No, it's nothing special, it's sort of like being able to cast your line into the pond by the museum, but I'm taking full advantage until Leif opens up shop ��)

Oh, that's funny! I wonder how many people know about this one...I didn't. Thanks! I also wonder if I will remember this the next time I start a town. I just did a fresh start on my first town, so won't be actually starting from the beginning for a while, thankfully.

Just yesterday I found out that villagers can have second thoughts about moving if you say you want them to leave. I recently learned about the new character trick to get a certain villager you want, so I'm definetly a fan of that. Makes things so much easier.

I just found out that perfect fruit trees of any fruit except your native fruit won't grow in your town! There goes my plan of perfect apples in an orange town haha

I started a second town recently and discovered that you can circumnavigate the first iteration of the Nookling shop. I run around it at least once every time I go onto main street since finding out I could do that. (No, it's nothing special, it's sort of like being able to cast your line into the pond by the museum, but I'm taking full advantage until Leif opens up shop ��)

Wow, I didn't know that. :eek: That's a cool discovery you made! I always went straight into the shops and
never paid so much attention to the main street at all to be honest. I will try it out one day when I start
a new town.

Wow, I didn't know that. :eek: That's a cool discovery you made! I always went straight into the shops and
never paid so much attention to the main street at all to be honest. I will try it out one day when I start
a new town.

I've been playing my digital for four years and never had a clue. Randomly bought a cartridge last week, started up a new town and happened to see what appeared to be ample room to walk between Nookling Junction and the Able Sisters. Just kept walking until I'd come full circle around the Nookling shop. Once Leif builds, that's the end of it, though. I thought it was pretty cute.

Just recently learned if you press A on the boxing bell item you're character will start swaying and punching lol

I wonder how many people know that the Super Sea Snail quivers and sort of squeals when you press A in front of it? I would hardly know anything interacted if my grandson wasn't always asking, "Does it do anything, gramma?"

Just learned that you can cut bamboo with an axe and it leaves like a stump thing behind. Always thought you had to shovel it up for some reason (?) Super dumb lol

Back