• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Things you didn't know about forever?

I just discovered on a thread here that you can set the town tune to random instead of using the original or making one of your own. Sounds like it from the OP of the thread, but not sure yet if that means it plays a different tune every hour...

#2. More about music. Been meaning to add here that I thought my DS sound was going bad for about two weeks until I finally paid more attention to the raspy sound I was hearing...only in the room with the lily record player! It's the player making that authentic old record player sound! :blush:

Last edited:
I just discovered on a thread here that you can set the town tune to random instead of using the original or making one of your own. Sounds like it from the OP of the thread, but not sure yet if that means it plays a different tune every hour...
It sounds different each hour and every time you enter/exit a home.

I found out yesterday that the host can save the game during player visits. :0 my mind was blown! It's a big help, really, because me and my bff's play time keeps getting interrupted by network problems.

I noticed that villagers say 'Itch Itch' when they have a flea on them instead of their usual catchphrase.

I'm not sure if this is 100%, but it sure seemed like it. Perfect fruit count as the garbage/items on the ground stopping you from getting perfect town. I mean it makes sense, but I had always thought that since they were fruit(not rotten or anything) they were an exception. Might sound dumb, but I thought I'd share.

I didn't know that the smoke coming out of the villagers' houses can be different and that the lazy villagers bow instead of wave when you leave their house

Wow! I didn't know that until you said it.
That's a very nice little detail. I definitely have to check it out.

I discovered recentily that you can sit on the rock, I didn't know that, but some of my villagers say that it's possible and I tried ahah

I didn't know that there is a such thing called "TBT" bells.
It's honestly a neat feature but I don't think I'm going to use it since I'm not into online virtual goodies.

I'm not sure if this is 100%, but it sure seemed like it. Perfect fruit count as the garbage/items on the ground stopping you from getting perfect town.

Does anyone know off the top of their head how many items can be on the ground before it impacts the perfect town status? I've gotten the status and kept it with a few things (including fruit baskets!) several times

I didn't know that once you caught the fish, you didn't have to keep pressing A. For years, even before New Leaf, whenever I would catch a fish I would repeatedly hold down on the A button because I thought you would lose your fish if you let go.
omg my entire fishing life is a lie :eek:o I would slam my thumb on the A button and not let go :D

The fishing thing.
And (since ACNL is my first AC game) that cedars only grow in the north part of town. RIP 20x cedar saplings

This isn't that major, but I just discovered that you can tell what clothes will be sold tomorrow at Able Sisters by looking at what Sable is working on.

i didnt know this, thats such a clever thing to add to the game. i guess for some time i didnt know you could avoid bees by entering a building, i had spent weeks just running around hoping to outrun them cx

i didnt know this, thats such a clever thing to add to the game. i guess for some time i didnt know you could avoid bees by entering a building, i had spent weeks just running around hoping to outrun them cx

Hi, maybe you would like to know the easiest way not to get stung by bees: press start, then save and continue. Presto, bees are gone!

Hi, maybe you would like to know the easiest way not to get stung by bees: press start, then save and continue. Presto, bees are gone!

omg thank you for this, I don't nor can I outrun bees to people's houses, thanks XD This is a life saver, though it is sweet when one of the villagers give me medicine, don't wanna buy it myself.

I never knew that once you got a bite while fishing that you could hold down the button. Ever since Wild World I've done speed taps and its worked but now that I know I can just hold the button down, it's been a lot easier to fish

In july, after playing since 2015, learned you can store designs by talking to mable

I just discovered that if you put two beds side by side your character can roll from one bed to the other. Haha, everyone needs to know this, right?

I only just realised the other day that if you jump off a bed or bench directly into a hole that your character falls into the hole like they would with a pitfall. I don't know why this surprised me but it did haha

Back