• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Things you didn't know about forever?

Bubblebeam

Liquor is quicker.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mailbox
Tasty Cake
What are some things about AC:NL that took you years to discover? For example, I only just realized the colour palette can be customised when making a design. Like, each colour within the palette can be picked yourself. I assumed the same limitation as Wild World was in place all these years!

Also, for the longest time I thought, like a dolt, that bamboo was a PWP. Don't ask why.

I just learned the other day that if you have 3 bridges built that your villagers won't suggest new bridge pwps. So that evening I spent doing the diving trick with Murphy trapped between his and his neighbors house was just torture for both of us!

I just learned the other day that if you have 3 bridges built that your villagers won't suggest new bridge pwps. So that evening I spent doing the diving trick with Murphy trapped between his and his neighbors house was just torture for both of us!

Omg haha that makes total sense, but I didn't know that either. I've been wanting someone to request the zen bridge!

Something else I didn't know until recently is if you place an item on the plaza and the next day Redd or Katrina set their tent on top of it, the item will end up at the police station. That was a huge lifesaver after I lost a handful of items I had just purchased off here!

Last edited:
I didn't know you could jump off the cliff if you are wearing a wetsuit, mainly because I never owned one until recently because I was traumatised at how bad I was at deep sea diving.

I knew the best friend function existed but I never knew how it worked because I was too shy to add anyone :p Now that I've added people, I'm really enjoying the feature!

People say your Villagers can sit on rocks, they never do that in my town so i want to discover if that's true or not.

Mines kind of stupid. It took me over a year to discover that you could refurbish with a shirt or dress. It's stupid, because there's a clothing option given, but for some reason I thought it had to be clothing that you designed yourself. Boy did I have fun refurbishing with a bunch of different shirts, after my silly brain figured it out.

People say your Villagers can sit on rocks, they never do that in my town so i want to discover if that's true or not.

I've never seen that either. I'm guessing it's true but you just rarely see it, like with animals using the benches. It's always been uncommon in my towns at least. I HAVE seen multiple animals sit on tree stumps which is uber cute.

Not counting PWP's, I've found mine sitting on tree stumps.
Not on a rock - yet.

Mines kind of stupid. It took me over a year to discover that you could refurbish with a shirt or dress. It's stupid, because there's a clothing option given, but for some reason I thought it had to be clothing that you designed yourself. Boy did I have fun refurbishing with a bunch of different shirts, after my silly brain figured it out.

Thank you for sharing! I didn't know this either :)

I feel like a complete moron on this one.

I had no idea that you could use the emotes around villagers and that they would do them back (sometimes)

Been playing since the game came out and I totally thought it was a multiplayer only feature the whole time.

I was playing with a friend of mine and then did the "Heroic pose" by him and Wolfgang totally did it with me....completely emphasizing my point :O

Last edited:

I had no idea that you could use the emotes around villagers and that they would do them back (sometimes)

Been playing since the game came out and I totally thought it was a multiplayer only feature the whole time.

I was playing with a friend of mine and then did the "Heroic pose" by him and Wolfgang totally did it with me....completely emphasizing my point :O

I love doing the Shrunk Funk Shuffle with them. :D

I remember when I first found that out, I was like an amazed toddler haha. So cute how they respond.

Ha!
I JUST found ot today, that you can plant bushes between trees, instead of planting the bush first, then the tree.
Also you can plant bushes right next to the pavement at the station, plaza, and town hall.

All that wasted time of growing the bush first, then one tree would always die. Now I've planted the trees first. Waiting to see if the bushes grow in between them.

I didn't know that once you caught the fish, you didn't have to keep pressing A. For years, even before New Leaf, whenever I would catch a fish I would repeatedly hold down on the A button because I thought you would lose your fish if you let go.

Really?!? All this time, my fisher life was a complete lie! Thanks for the tip, you saved my thumb

I didn't know that once you caught the fish, you didn't have to keep pressing A. For years, even before New Leaf, whenever I would catch a fish I would repeatedly hold down on the A button because I thought you would lose your fish if you let go.

WHAT?! Oh my god... All those years I wasted button smashing lol. Good to know, thank you!

Lol. I played for at least two years before I figured that one out. And like you, I played the older games the same way. I thought that if you didn't press A fast enough, your fish might get away.

I also recently found out about this. I still hold down A out of habit.

Back