• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Things you didn't know about forever?

I thought that the only way to get a dead tree was to hack your town
I've just discovered the other day that you can easily get it shaking a perfect fruit tree 5/6 times

Last edited:
I always forget how far tarantulas and scorpions can jump. I think I have them cornered by the edge of the small pond, then they jump over the corner and hit me.

It also took me a while to realize you can use the Shrunk emotions in the water while wearing a wetsuit. They look silly like when you try them on a bench.

I played the game for a month when it first came out and I didn't know that you could stack fruit. I did it by accident one time and screamed with excitement.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I didn't know that once you caught the fish, you didn't have to keep pressing A. For years, even before New Leaf, whenever I would catch a fish I would repeatedly hold down on the A button because I thought you would lose your fish if you let go.

THIIIIIS. I read somewhere that you didn't need to hold A when the fish bit down on the hook and was swirling around. It's soooo nice!

I played the game for a month when it first came out and I didn't know that you could stack fruit.

I didn't know about stacking fruit for even longer LOL. Before I knew I wondered how people could be bothered gathering fruit to sell. Even in baskets it takes a while, but wow does it take long if you don't know they stack!

I just learned the other day that if you have 3 bridges built that your villagers won't suggest new bridge pwps. So that evening I spent doing the diving trick with Murphy trapped between his and his neighbors house was just torture for both of us!

Thanks for this. I didn't know this, either! Tearing down one bridge so I can get the types I want in my town.

People say your Villagers can sit on rocks, they never do that in my town so i want to discover if that's true or not.

They can now because of the update. A few of mine have, but they don't do it very often at all.

Also, I didn't know until a villager told me (like 2 years in) that you could stack fruit... I was so mad when I found out. So many unnecessary trips to Retail.

Last edited:
I always forget how far tarantulas and scorpions can jump. I think I have them cornered by the edge of the small pond, then they jump over the corner and hit me.

It also took me a while to realize you can use the Shrunk emotions in the water while wearing a wetsuit. They look silly like when you try them on a bench.

I can't wait to try this! Never even thought of it! Thanks!

- - - Post Merge - - -

It was only about a month ago that I read somewhere that you could stack bamboo. Good thing, too, because I have a lot of it in my town now. :rolleyes:

I still wouldn't know about all the items that are interactive if my seven year old grandson wasn't always asking me, "Does it do anything, grandma?"

PS (It's going to merge, anyway.) I didn't know there was anything called "the void" until about a month ago.

Last edited:
Speaking of tarantulas, did they make anyone else jump when they first saw them? It actually startled me seeing it the first few times in Wild World. It was just this big black thing that lunged at you really quickly out of the blue. Not expecting it, I was knocked out the first time and my face was like O_O.

I feel like a complete moron on this one.

I had no idea that you could use the emotes around villagers and that they would do them back (sometimes)

Been playing since the game came out and I totally thought it was a multiplayer only feature the whole time.

I was playing with a friend of mine and then did the "Heroic pose" by him and Wolfgang totally did it with me....completely emphasizing my point :O
I didn't know it until I did it on accident. I was showing my sister the new emotion the moment Colton walked by and copied you emotion lol.

Speaking of tarantulas, did they make anyone else jump when they first saw them? It actually startled me seeing it the first few times in Wild World. It was just this big black thing that lunged at you really quickly out of the blue. Not expecting it, I was knocked out the first time and my face was like O_O.

That's another thing I didn't know. That a huge rush would go through me the first (few) times I saw a tarantula or a scorpion. My mayor was knocked out, too, and it took me a long time to even try to catch one.

It took me forever to figure out that the WA update fixed the last move-in will never move out thing. Other than that, theire isn't a lot that I haven't known about already that I can think of at the moment.

Here is one I just learned in another thread. Give Gulliver an incorrect answer and he gives a chocolate coin!

I had the fairy tale clock for a long time before I realized that on the hour a little soldier comes out, blows a horn, turns around and goes back inside!

Clock.jpg

It looks like today is forever for me! Can a PWP be stopped mid-way, after Lloyd has been set up to collect for it?

It looks like today is forever for me! Can a PWP be stopped mid-way, after Lloyd has been set up to collect for it?

It can be stopped, yes. You'd have to talk to Isabelle at Townhall.

However any donations put towards it will not be returned.

It can be stopped, yes. You'd have to talk to Isabelle at Townhall.

However any donations put towards it will not be returned.

Thank you! Wow, wish I had known this one a lot sooner!

Oh there's plenty.

The one that makes me angry is that I created the Reset Center without actually knowing what it was. Like I remember Mr. Resetti from Wild World, and I knew he was in this game, but by the time I realized you had the option of avoiding him in this game by never building the reset center, it was too late. I already created the reset center. I absolutely hate Mr. Resetti.

Back