Things you didn't know about forever?

I didn't know that if you're sitting on a bench and someone digs a hole in front of you that you'll fall in like you do with pitfall seeds. I also didn't know about the wetsuit trick for the longest time haha

Mines kind of stupid. It took me over a year to discover that you could refurbish with a shirt or dress. It's stupid, because there's a clothing option given, but for some reason I thought it had to be clothing that you designed yourself. Boy did I have fun refurbishing with a bunch of different shirts, after my silly brain figured it out.

I didn't know you could do that!

I just found out recently that you can hold a dandelion and blow on the screen to spread the seeds, like making a wish!

i didn't know that when you make a design, if you drag it onto another design it'll ask if you want to swap or copy it, so you can duplicate your designs!!!!!

i'm working on my flags and i didn't want to mess it up by trying something and having to do it all over again, but i don't have to!

It took my so long to realize there was a QR code reader and how to access it. Even worse, I didn't realize there's a whole world of custom paths, signs, wallpapers, and clothing out there on the internet. Sigh. That discovery was definitely a game changer for me.

Reading these replies... making me feel dumb because I didn't realize most of the stuff you guys are mentioning. Like... you can jump off the cliff what??

Reading these replies... making me feel dumb because I didn't realize most of the stuff you guys are mentioning. Like... you can jump off the cliff what??

You don't need to feel dumb, cause, obviously, we didn't know everything, either. That's why we post here! Cool to learn this stuff, right?

To answer your question: Mayor puts on wetsuit, stands at a cliff with water below (very important!), press A and watch mayor jump into the ocean! Just kidding about having to have water below...well, I mean, the mayor won't jump off a cliff if there is no water below. They are not that clueless!

Last edited:
I swear that it took me an entire year to figure out that you could change the gyroids in Club LOL for the D.J. K.K. concerts! xD

It took me forever to realize that I could plant flowers on the beach- I think TBT is actually what taught me that. I also had never heard of Dr. Shrunk's emotions until I got on here- every time I went into Club LOL (which admittedly was not very often) KK Slider was there, and I figured that was all that happened. I was wrong. I've got a lot to learn about this game.

I swear that it took me an entire year to figure out that you could change the gyroids in Club LOL for the D.J. K.K. concerts! xD

whaaaat? HOW?

i didn't realise that puzzle league or dessert island escape was a thing till about a week ago

that I could have reset and chosen my map better when I started!
Stupid rocks and ponds!

whaaaat? HOW?

i didn't realise that puzzle league or dessert island escape was a thing till about a week ago

When club LOL opens, (at 12 PM every day I'm pretty sure) you can go inside just like you can to get Shrunk's emotions, but instead you walk all the way to the back of the room and up the stairs to the stage, and then press A on the gyroids up there and you can swap each out with one if you have a gyroid in your inventory *o*

I also didn't realize both of those until really late as well and I was super surprised! But I think that they're amazing additions, desert island escape is my favorite :3

I found out how to run this morning... i've just been fast walking everywhere and my eyes have opened!!!!

I found out how to run this morning... i've just been fast walking everywhere and my eyes have opened!!!!

Then maybe you need to know that running destroys the grass, and quickly! It grows back sssllowwwllyy. Running completely obliterates flowers. Perhaps you have already discovered this?

Speaking of tarantulas, did they make anyone else jump when they first saw them? It actually startled me seeing it the first few times in Wild World. It was just this big black thing that lunged at you really quickly out of the blue. Not expecting it, I was knocked out the first time and my face was like O_O.

Absolutely terrifying if you ask me.

I was running with my net out and at this time I had more trees in my town than Viridian Forest, so I didn't even see the darn thing. I ran close to it and it jumped at me. Scared the living mess out of me.

Animal Crossing in June-July becomes a horror game past 7:00. I don't care what month it is I still WALK at night instead of run.

That first attack messed with my head. I jumped at every sound that night.

Back