Things you didn't know about forever?

I wasn't aware that you could sit on rocks after the Amiibo update was released and it took me by surprise when my mayor accidentally sat on one as I was moving her around. Thought it was a glitch.

Ok I learned just now that when you're choosing where to place your house as a new character you can place it where a pwp is!
Tom Nook says something like: "we'll need to tear down a public works project, but if that's okay with you we can get started." and he'll tear down the pwp and put your house plot there. :eek:

Mines kind of stupid. It took me over a year to discover that you could refurbish with a shirt or dress. It's stupid, because there's a clothing option given, but for some reason I thought it had to be clothing that you designed yourself. Boy did I have fun refurbishing with a bunch of different shirts, after my silly brain figured it out.

Thanks! Cause I also jusy learn this from you! I same thought that there is no way to refurbish clothes LOL

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is something I must share! Ain't new but people who doesn't know it very useful!

I learned the that villagers will never plot their house and ruin any of your pattern ever since the update and yes is true! I created a new character(as someone teach) then go ahead and place pattern randomly at every spot so there won't be huge empty area then I only left 3x3 spot that I want Poppy to move in. DONE IN ONE SHOT! She moved in to the exact spot I want her to be! Both happy and excited feeling! Is very useful tip and I wish everyone know about this cause resetting plot is really....

- - - Post Merge - - -

I wasn't aware that you could sit on rocks after the Amiibo update was released and it took me by surprise when my mayor accidentally sat on one as I was moving her around. Thought it was a glitch.

Huh? I thought we always can? I didn't even notice it couldn't before lolol

For the longest time, I didn't know that the paper in the island shop was a club tortimer application. I thought it was some kind of special stationary or something. I didn't realize it until I finally googled how to go to CT lol, which I feel dumb for looking back.

I didn't know for about 2 years since I got the game back in 2013, that you can have 31 pwps, as long as you don't demolish the bridge that you got from the start.

Um....when you walk down a beach ramp, campsite, or dock you can trample flowers...

I learnt that the hard way and destroyed a hybrid flower ;_;

I also didn;t know about the void, which you could get a villager from someone who came to your town. I only realised that when I came back here and began trading with people. Thanks XD hah

Just discovered about 2 seconds ago that you can carry dandelions!

21105562_340929583015986_2953994962496786741_n.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't know that you could drag items in your inventory into the middle circle to drop them.. it drops stuff a lot quicker too. ;_;
I only found out last night by accident LOL

i didn't even know i could talk to villagers until i was well into the game (about 300 hours.) i thought they were just there for no reason! i really feel stupid now haha :)

Wait, how? I thought the game required you to talk to all the villagers? At least in the earlier games it did.

Since you can shake trees holding a bug net now, bees are super easy to catch. Just position your villager at 7 o'clock (imagine a clock face around the tree & stand where 7 is), as soon as the shocked reaction finishes press A and tah-dah , you caught yourself a bee!

Last edited:
I just found out that sometimes,rather than ask you to take an item to someone the villager will ask you to bring someone to them. I had Spork ask me to bring Gruff to his house(Spork was home at the time). I've never seen this before.

Ive just recently found out that you can skip Kapp'ns songs by pressing B a couple times, It always takes a while and I'm impatient so when I found out, I was so happy. Also Ive been playing acnl for 3 years and I found out 5 months ago that you can stack fruit, i feel like an idiot for not knowing these

That this game and having zero patience and a non existant attention span doesn't mix.

Last edited:
I didn't know the default grass was triangular and that the triangular one was the only one that turned star shaped with snow :(

Back