• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Things you didn't know about forever?

I only learned recently how to send one or more visitors home without them having to talk to Porter individually! I love that feature!

Recently noticed there's a trash bin behind the train station lockers, off to Porter's left. Only the edge is visible when you speak to him

I just found out recently that there is a diving beetle in the game and that it can float on top of the water like a bug, and then dive underneath like a fish. I was so confused when I first saw it and I had no idea at the time if I had to catch it using the fishing rod or the bug net. (For anyone wondering, I finally caught it using the bug net and donated it to a very displeased Blathers. :))

I didn't know that once you caught the fish, you didn't have to keep pressing A. For years, even before New Leaf, whenever I would catch a fish I would repeatedly hold down on the A button because I thought you would lose your fish if you let go.

WAIT WHAT

I was months into the game before I realized that it doesn't matter where you bury the villagers' time capsules, because the mark disappears the next day and doesn't appear again until the day they are going to ask for you to dig it up. So if you accidentally dig it up just carry it around until they ask for it sometime that day. (I still always bury them right near their house, though, so I don't have to hunt when they ask.)

Somebody told me the other day that you can only get a time capsule request if you have an empty space in your letters, I just thought my villagers hated me lol.

I found out yesterday that if you're wearing the lucky item, when you shake trees, instead of 100 bells as usual, 200 bells fall down :)

I found out last night that Dr. Shrunk accepts baskets of fruit now, thanks to the new update.

Before then, he'd say he couldn't accept as many as that, out of politeness, but now he takes the whole thing!

I found out last night that Dr. Shrunk accepts baskets of fruit now, thanks to the new update.

Before then, he'd say he couldn't accept as many as that, out of politeness, but now he takes the whole thing!

I didn't know that!
I found out Shrunk eats coconuts!

I gave him all my coconuts since everybody else rejects them.

Anyone know what happens if you give him fruit after you've finished learning all the emotions?

He tells you the jokes for the emotions all over again.

Back