• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Things you didn't know about forever?

I didn't know until today that the plain looking donut stool can be customized to look like an actual donut!

I changed the pipe to black, and changed the seat to a strawberry, and a chocolate donut stool!

Wow this is great. Now I wish I had a donut stool!

I'm glad you are sharing your refurbishing discoveries, Jon. Thank you! It's an aspect of the game I hope to explore thoroughly "someday".

I'm glad you are sharing your refurbishing discoveries, Jon. Thank you! It's an aspect of the game I hope to explore thoroughly "someday".

I've found many items that can be customized that aren't on any lists.
Basically, I take any item that looks interesting, to see if Cyrus can do anything with it. ^_^

There are a ton of items that can't be refurbished that I really wish, could be.

Unless they update NL again, there's not much chance of that. :(

I've found many items that can be customized that aren't on any lists.
Basically, I take any item that looks interesting, to see if Cyrus can do anything with it. ^_^

There are a ton of items that can't be refurbished that I really wish, could be.

Unless they update NL again, there's not much chance of that. :(

There have been a good handful of items that I thought, “ oh, that could totally be refurbished!” Then, I find out from Cyrus that it can’t. (?༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ`)

I tend to google thoroughly for items I want to refurbish and what options I have for them so I don’t waste time waiting for it to be ready. :p

There have been a good handful of items that I thought, “ oh, that could totally be refurbished!” Then, I find out from Cyrus that it can’t. (?༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ`)

I tend to google thoroughly for items I want to refurbish and what options I have for them so I don’t waste time waiting for it to be ready. :p

That's what I do, but a lot of lists are out of date.
There are a lot of items that can be refurbished now, that couldn't be before the update.

That's what I do, but a lot of lists are out of date.
There are a lot of items that can be refurbished now, that couldn't be before the update.

True, true :>. At least there’s plenty of options!

~

On another note: one thing I didn’t know about until last month was that there are different shapes in a town’s grass. Not that it really does anything for me since I cover my ground up with paths. ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

lolz those emotes are funny certain ones work on vill. (I do this a lot)
Didn't know what that scorpion sting you you will know it meant
Scorpion & Trantula span point (found it )

Yea the villagers on beances, tree stumps, rocks this happens a lot
slepping on a bench/tree stump/ rock
If somebody request it or that personality likes it they will sit on near it

Yea I thought grrrr I placed it here so where could it be Police Station but if you have too much stuff that wont fit i keep forgetting to leave and go back in :-/ i had to go in 3x once

The insect in the gound. I was always wondering "where does that sound come from ?!" And I eventually noticed the more you walk the more the sound gets louder. I was very surprised to see it coming out after I used my shovel ! :D

Last edited:
The insect in the gound. I was always wondering "where does that sound come from ?!" And I eventually noticed the more you walk the more the sound gets louder. I was very surprised to see it coming out after I used my shovel ! :D

What insect is that? What does it sound like?

Is it a winter bug?

I don't think I have ever caught it...

What insect is that? What does it sound like?

Is it a winter bug?

I don't think I have ever caught it...

It's a mole cricket. It kind of sounds like a low pitched cicada, maybe? They come out starting in November and last until April or May.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I didn't realize Brewster commented on things villagers say while you're having a conversation with the villager. It was funny to see Brewster's reaction when Timbra suggested he serve breakfast and lunch.

IMG_6989.jpg

I didn't realize Brewster commented on things villagers say while you're having a conversation with the villager. It was funny to see Brewster's reaction when Timbra suggested he serve breakfast and lunch.

View attachment 213666

Is that real?! Whoa, I have never seen him interact like that! Guess I should spend more time in the coffee shop!

Last edited:
So, I just realized how to get beans from Harvey.

You just have to "heya harv" a bunch of times, maybe 5-10 times and he gives you beans to feed the birds.

If you throw beans at villagers, their eyes get big for a second when they get hit.

It's pretty fun!

Forgot to mention: you have to talk to Harvey when he is feeding the birds to get the beans*

Back