• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Things you didn't know about forever?

I just discovered that I can save qr designs with Mabel and that I can just take the path designs I saved and just requip it without having to repath my entire town. Now that's convenient!

I had no idea you could switch out the four gyroids on the Club LOL stage! Naturally, when I found out, I changed them all to Brewsteroids :cool:

I don't know if it's because it's fall right now so it's more obvious but....

I noticed recently that the non-fruit trees that are not cedar are a darker shade of green than the fruit trees, and it's so helpful when shaking trees if you have fruit trees that have had fruit picked off of them!

Also forgot to mention! After you give Pascal a scallop, if you search around, he'll be outside the boundary, and if you follow him long enough, you can watch him crack open the scallop and eat it!

Last edited:
I don't know if it's because it's fall right now so it's more obvious but....

I noticed recently that the non-fruit trees that are not cedar are a darker shade of green than the fruit trees, and it's so helpful when shaking trees if you have fruit trees that have had fruit picked off of them!

Also forgot to mention! After you give Pascal a scallop, if you search around, he'll be outside the boundary, and if you follow him long enough, you can watch him crack open the scallop and eat it!

Omgosh, I am going to watch Pascal do that! I never knew that or read that anywhere! Thanks!

I had no idea you could switch out the four gyroids on the Club LOL stage! Naturally, when I found out, I changed them all to Brewsteroids :cool:

Mine are all poltergoids. It took me a long time too, I think Shrunk actually told me.

Two days ago I discovered that I could get my items out of the island drop box in someone else's town!

Also two days ago that you have to go to the island with a visitor who wants to go. They can't go alone.

Not years but beginners mistake: I sold all my perfect fruit & my unexamined fossils

I thought I new almost everyting, but reading that you could see Pascal eating the scallop is something I did not know.

Oh I found out a few days, by asking a question on here about grass shapes, that the snow also has shapes. I didn't know know that until I asked that question. And apparently circle grass is the favored because star snow or triangle sn-. I don't even know. I just didn't know snow also had shapes. That's pretty cool.

Perfect Fruit.JPG

Today I learned that your normal native fruit trees can spawn a perfect one! Never seen it happen except at the start of the game.

View attachment 208629

Today I learned that your normal native fruit trees can spawn a perfect one! Never seen it happen except at the start of the game.

I knew it already since I sold my first perfect pear (beginner's mistake ;v;) and after like two months I found another in a normal pear tree. Good thing I shook them daily! I believe the more you shake/get new 3 fruit to grow, the higher the chances of getting a perfect one. :)

I knew it already since I sold my first perfect pear (beginner's mistake ;v;) and after like two months I found another in a normal pear tree. Good thing I shook them daily! I believe the more you shake/get new 3 fruit to grow, the higher the chances of getting a perfect one. :)

Yeah, it's an honest mistake! I figured that's why they can spawn again :p

Yeah, it's an honest mistake! I figured that's why they can spawn again :p

Thank goodness they can! ;v;
I've got tons of perfect pear trees now, and haven't shaken a normal pear tree since... so the odds of finding that stay perfect one are very slim now. x)

- - - Post Merge - - -

* stray

Also, in my second town I was wiser and planted the first perfect apple right by my house where no one could move. Lesson learned ;v;

I just realized, if you have a custom piece of furniture with a custom QR and you only want to swap the QR with a different custom QR... Cyrus will do it for free and right away. WHAAATTT..

Whoa, what are the odds of discovering that, I wonder? Good job! Thanks for sharing.

I discovered today that Kapp'n will do the Shrunk emotions with you!

Omgosh, I am going to watch Pascal do that! I never knew that or read that anywhere! Thanks!

You're welcome! ^_^ It's really cute to follow him and watch :)
I think I stumbled upon it one late night diving, I've done one too many of those nights xD

Pretty much everything... especially with all the new updates. But yeah had no idea you could sit on stones until I saw a friend do it in my town, I was wth when did they change that xD

Whoa, what are the odds of discovering that, I wonder? Good job! Thanks for sharing.

I discovered today that Kapp'n will do the Shrunk emotions with you!

what?! I had no idea kapp'n would do those, I have to try now omg

Back