Things you didn't know about forever?

I am thinking about deleting the town and not playing again because of this.
I never knew I'd be stuck with 7 Amiibo's - FOREVER! O_O

This freaked me out because I have an amiibo villager I just scanned in to get their type's PWPs, and they moved in a bad spot on top of that. I found this https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/74593882 and this http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?399585-Do-Amiibo-villagers-move-out/page2 ... So looks like it's not impossible, just pretty difficult.

I just found out you can hit and break open rocks with an axe haha. It would be cool if you could sharpen up a frayed axe with a rock!

Last edited:
this is dumb but i didn't go to the island for like the first month of playing because i didn't want to spend 1,000 bells. had no idea you would recoup that x300 by beetle hunting.

Animals can actually pull weeds for you. I just saw Cherry pull a weed out before I could do it.

Really? Did she just pull randomly or was it part of that weed pulling game with Leif? Which reminds me, I booted up my husbands town that he hasn't touched in months, thought I'd pull the weeds for him, saw Leif who offered to do the weeding *together*, only for the little runt to do crap all except watch me and "keep count". -_-

I didn't know that once you caught the fish, you didn't have to keep pressing A. For years, even before New Leaf, whenever I would catch a fish I would repeatedly hold down on the A button because I thought you would lose your fish if you let go.
My whole life is a lie..... What even.... I had no idea hahhah

I didn't know you could sit on rocks omg

It used to be that you couldn't. They added that feature after the Welcome Amiibo update, so it's totally fine that a lot of people may not know that, haha.

As someone else mentioned, I didn't know villagers actually pulled out weeds until very recently. I've seen them water and plant flowers, but this week marked my first time seeing a villager spot a weed and yank it clean out of the ground.

i didnt know you could jump off a cliff with a wet suit, so when i was picking up items near the cliff and the fact that my character jumped scared me so bad, i gasped really loudly because i was so startled, i didnt think that it would lead to the ocean and for some illogical thought, i though i was about to kill my mayor, then laughed so hard when she landed in the water.

my 7 y/o had to show me how to get emotions from Shrunk. it was not one of my best moments..

LOL My 7 y/o grandson is always teaching me stuff! One of my favorites is what he asks me about every new item I show him that I got. "Grandma, does it do anything?" It usually does, and I usually didn't know.

i didnt know you could jump off a cliff with a wet suit, so when i was picking up items near the cliff and the fact that my character jumped scared me so bad, i gasped really loudly because i was so startled, i didnt think that it would lead to the ocean and for some illogical thought, i though i was about to kill my mayor, then laughed so hard when she landed in the water.

this post is actual gold.

I had to hunt through 21 pages to find this thread again. (Clap your hands, admins!)

I would have been using the stained glass a long time ago if I had known it can be customized into 49 different patterns!! (I didn't care for the original.)

Something else I didn't know until recently is if you place an item on the plaza and the next day Redd or Katrina set their tent on top of it, the item will end up at the police station. That was a huge lifesaver after I lost a handful of items I had just purchased off here![/QUOTE]

Oh my days this happened to me and I was so scared, until I saw it in the police station, that nearly killed me. Because at the time I placed ALL my items on the plaza bit to work out what to keep, and I need really put items on there again after that XD

I am so mad that I didn't realize that different bushes grow out different seasons. I did actually believe that the Holly start and Sweet Olive Start looked the way it does with nothing on it. I started playing in late December but didn't start buying starts for bushes until a few months ago so I assumed only azaleas grow flowers on them.

Last edited:
I just learned the other day that if you have 3 bridges built that your villagers won't suggest new bridge pwps. So that evening I spent doing the diving trick with Murphy trapped between his and his neighbors house was just torture for both of us!

I just found out about this today because of you, thank you so much! :confused:

I found out about the bushes and how they can't grow right next to houses, which is a shame because it would of looked nice next to my house. I was also not aware of hacks like being able to be pushed into the train track. There's probably a lot I never realised when I think about it XD

Back